Bacon and brussel sprout pasta so easy

Bacon and Brussels Sprouts with Bowtie Pasta

A quick and delicious pasta with Brussels sprouts, bacon, and Parmesan cheese.
Course: Side Dish, Vegetables

Prep Time- 10minutes minutes
Cook Time- 20minutes minutes
Total Time- 30minutes minutes
Servings: 4 -6 Servings
Calories 423kcal

Ingredients:
- 6 strips bacon cut in 1/2-inch-wide pieces (about 1/3 lb)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 8 ounce bow-tie pasta
- ½ cup cream or half-and-half
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese shredded (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the water is heating, prep the bacon and Brussels sprouts. Cook the pasta until it is tender but still a bit firm, about 12 minutes.

2. While the pasta is cooking, warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and let it cook for 2 minutes, then add the Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and the Brussels sprouts have browned. Transfer the bacon and Brussels sprouts to a plate. Drain the grease, leaving a teaspoon or so of grease in the skillet.

3. Place the skillet back over medium-high heat. Scoop 1/2 cup of pasta water out of the boiling pasta pot and carefully pour into the hot skillet. Use a flat spatula to scrape up the brown bits and de-glaze the pan. Add the cream, salt and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Lower the heat to medium and let the sauce simmer for 1-2 minutes, until it thickens slightly. If the pasta hasn’t finished cooking yet, move the sauce off the heat until the pasta finishes.

4. Drain pasta well and add it to the skillet with the sauce, stirring to coat well. Add the Brussels sprouts and bacon to the skillet with pasta and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt, if needed. Sprinkle with cheese before serving, if desired. Enjoy!

Nutrition
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1390IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 227mg | Iron: 2mg

1000023815.jpg

Image and recipe source: Creative Culinary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Wonderful recipe - I love my Brussel sprouts but my son hated them when he was younger. He is now in his mid 30's and will only eat Brussel sprouts if I cook them like I did back then.
I used to cook my bacon then cut into small bit size pieces (set aside).
Then in the same pan I would 1/4 my frozen Brussel sprouts and satay them (to get the bacon flavour). If Brussels are larger cut in half then 1/4 to make bit size pieces.
Then added some tiny tomatoes, corn kernels, and some spices for a zing.
Then I would put the cooked bacon in and toss everything together.

I use this mixture in both hot & cold meals when I want something more than plain vegs. Can also use many other types of vegies in the Brussel Sprouts & Bacon mix.

If you don't like bacon, you can use any type of dry spice when satay the Brussel sprouts. Remember Brussels Sprouts will take on the flavours of what you cook it with.