Award-winning actor Kevin Spacey labelled 'sexual bully', accused of targeting male victims

In the world of entertainment, where glamorous images can conceal a multitude of hidden stories, it's particularly shocking when one of these stories casts a revealing light on a prominent figure, defying our accustomed perception of them.

This holds especially true for the once-renowned actor Kevin Spacey, whose performances in movies such as American Beauty and The Usual Suspects earned him two Academy Awards.

However, the current circumstances have taken a sharp turn for Spacey, as he finds himself entangled in a legal battle, grappling with disturbing allegations.

Lawyer Christine Agnew opened the prosecution case on Friday at London's Southwark Crown Court, where she highlighted that Kevin Spacey, a highly acclaimed and widely recognised actor, had garnered numerous awards throughout his career.

'He is also, the prosecution alleges, a man who sexually assaults other men,' she said.

'A man who does not respect personal boundaries or space, a man who it would seem delights in making others feel powerless and uncomfortable—a sexual bully. His preferred method of assault is, it appears, to grab aggressively other men in the crotch.'

Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 12.49.30 PM.png
Spacey, who is being tried under his full name Kevin Spacey Fowler, watched from the dock. Credit: Twitter/KevinSpacey.

Spacey has entered a non-guilty plea against twelve allegations of historical sex offences committed against four men, then aged in their 20s and 30s, which supposedly took place between 2001 and 2013.

Sexual assault, particularly in the entertainment industry, is a prevalent topic, highlighting the need for a robust legislative framework to hold the guilty accountable.

In Spacey's case, he's been accused of one of the more serious sexual offences, causing someone to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent—a crime that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

In a statement, Agnew indicated that 'None of the men wanted to be touched by Kevin Spacey Fowler in a sexual way, but he doesn't seem to have cared very much for their feelings. He did what he wanted to do for his own personal sexual gratification.'

She described the allegations made by one man, revealing that Spacey had repeatedly grabbed and groped him. She also alleged that the actor had forced the man's hand onto his own genitalia and delivered a forceful smack on his backside.

During the police interviews, Spacey claimed that he couldn't remember some of his accusers and denied any instances of grabbing them. However, according to Agnew, he did admit that it was possible and even likely that he had made an awkward advance towards someone he couldn't recall.

The prosecutor cautioned the jury about the possibility of them being 'star-struck' due to Spacey's fame. She emphasised that it was their responsibility to determine whether the accusers were dishonest or fabricating allegations for financial gain, as some had filed civil lawsuits against the actor.

'Or is it the case, as we the prosecution suggest, that Mr Spacey Fowler abused the power and influence that his reputation and fame afforded him?' she said.

'Each of these allegations of non-consensual sexual conduct is completely denied,' Spacey's lawyer Patrick Gibbs said.

'Mr Spacey has come back to the UK as he said he would to answer them and say in full in due course what actually happened as he would say it and put all the rumours and conjecture to bed.'

Spacey's lawyer emphasised that there are two sides to every story, urging the jurors to carefully assess the actual events, determine if they were consensual, and understand the motivations behind the accusers' complaints.

'You will hear some truths, you will hear some half-truths, you will also hear [...] some deliberate exaggerations and some lies,' Gibbs said.

The trial is expected to continue for approximately four weeks.

Key Takeaways

• Actor Kevin Spacey is facing trial over a dozen sexual offence allegations.
  • Lawyer Christine Agnew told the jury Spacey was an extremely famous actor who had won a number of awards but was also a 'sexual bully'.
  • Spacey is also accused of a more serious offence of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, which carries a maximum punishment of life imprisonment.

We strongly believe in ensuring fair and just treatment for everyone. If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual assault or violence, please don't hesitate to contact 1800RESPECT at 1800 737 732 or visit their website at 1800RESPECT.org.au. In case of emergencies, please dial 000.

What are your thoughts on this developing story, members? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
I for one will never watch a movie or show he has been in again.

He was in a very privileged position which he took advantage of.

I have always felt sonething creepy about him, way before all this claims about him surfaced.

I think it is a great article to bring awareness to people who have been sexually abused in any way or form.

And if there is anyone out there that this has happened to then I urge you to bring it out, it is never too late and a great way of closure and healing .

To those who have done an act like Spacey then let me tell you that you will get caught no matter how many years latter.

I was raised by my grandparents but unfortunately my sisters were not so lucky and the sperm donor sexually abused them in particular one sister from the age of 8 to 15 . I even called the police and docs and confronted him when she was 12 this was when she told me .
When she was 40 the police believed her , people will say why that many years later , simple it took that for her to try again and it was after she heard he did it to one of his granddaughter's

At 78 years old he got jailed for 11 years and out at 8 years on good behaviour, he has 3 years left .
So no matter what age you are and how many years ago you did it , you will get caught and you will go to jail

In the world of entertainment, where glamorous images can conceal a multitude of hidden stories, it's particularly shocking when one of these stories casts a revealing light on a prominent figure, defying our accustomed perception of them.

This holds especially true for the once-renowned actor Kevin Spacey, whose performances in movies such as American Beauty and The Usual Suspects earned him two Academy Awards.

However, the current circumstances have taken a sharp turn for Spacey, as he finds himself entangled in a legal battle, grappling with disturbing allegations.

Lawyer Christine Agnew opened the prosecution case on Friday at London's Southwark Crown Court, where she highlighted that Kevin Spacey, a highly acclaimed and widely recognised actor, had garnered numerous awards throughout his career.

'He is also, the prosecution alleges, a man who sexually assaults other men,' she said.

'A man who does not respect personal boundaries or space, a man who it would seem delights in making others feel powerless and uncomfortable—a sexual bully. His preferred method of assault is, it appears, to grab aggressively other men in the crotch.'

View attachment 23927
Spacey, who is being tried under his full name Kevin Spacey Fowler, watched from the dock. Credit: Twitter/KevinSpacey.

Spacey has entered a non-guilty plea against twelve allegations of historical sex offences committed against four men, then aged in their 20s and 30s, which supposedly took place between 2001 and 2013.

Sexual assault, particularly in the entertainment industry, is a prevalent topic, highlighting the need for a robust legislative framework to hold the guilty accountable.

In Spacey's case, he's been accused of one of the more serious sexual offences, causing someone to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent—a crime that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

In a statement, Agnew indicated that 'None of the men wanted to be touched by Kevin Spacey Fowler in a sexual way, but he doesn't seem to have cared very much for their feelings. He did what he wanted to do for his own personal sexual gratification.'

She described the allegations made by one man, revealing that Spacey had repeatedly grabbed and groped him. She also alleged that the actor had forced the man's hand onto his own genitalia and delivered a forceful smack on his backside.

During the police interviews, Spacey claimed that he couldn't remember some of his accusers and denied any instances of grabbing them. However, according to Agnew, he did admit that it was possible and even likely that he had made an awkward advance towards someone he couldn't recall.

The prosecutor cautioned the jury about the possibility of them being 'star-struck' due to Spacey's fame. She emphasised that it was their responsibility to determine whether the accusers were dishonest or fabricating allegations for financial gain, as some had filed civil lawsuits against the actor.

'Or is it the case, as we the prosecution suggest, that Mr Spacey Fowler abused the power and influence that his reputation and fame afforded him?' she said.

'Each of these allegations of non-consensual sexual conduct is completely denied,' Spacey's lawyer Patrick Gibbs said.

'Mr Spacey has come back to the UK as he said he would to answer them and say in full in due course what actually happened as he would say it and put all the rumours and conjecture to bed.'

Spacey's lawyer emphasised that there are two sides to every story, urging the jurors to carefully assess the actual events, determine if they were consensual, and understand the motivations behind the accusers' complaints.

'You will hear some truths, you will hear some half-truths, you will also hear [...] some deliberate exaggerations and some lies,' Gibbs said.

The trial is expected to continue for approximately four weeks.

Key Takeaways

• Actor Kevin Spacey is facing trial over a dozen sexual offence allegations.
  • Lawyer Christine Agnew told the jury Spacey was an extremely famous actor who had won a number of awards but was also a 'sexual bully'.
  • Spacey is also accused of a more serious offence of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, which carries a maximum punishment of life imprisonment.

We strongly believe in ensuring fair and just treatment for everyone. If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual assault or violence, please don't hesitate to contact 1800RESPECT at 1800 737 732 or visit their website at 1800RESPECT.org.au. In case of emergencies, please dial 000.

What are your thoughts on this developing story, members? Let us know in the comments below.
sicko, but he is a good singer.

Reactions: Defiant540
I always felt there was something creepy about him too, but not knowing him, and knowing he is an actor, it would seem he has a certain way about him. Now it appears he is a creep and doesnt think, even if he claims he cant remember, he has done anything wrong. A definite self centred man who deserves all he gets, and more.

I always felt there was something creepy about him too, but not knowing him, and knowing he is an actor, it would seem he has a certain way about him. Now it appears he is a creep and doesnt think, even if he claims he cant remember, he has done anything wrong. A definite self centred man who deserves all he gets, and more.
I saw him the other day on telly , leaving court smirking

There was a time when people wielding “power”, whether it be political, celebrity or whatever, were sadly able to get away with sexual abuse. Thankfully those days are long gone. People are more informed now and less likely to be afraid to come forward. Victims mustn’t be afraid to come forward because they’ve done nothing wrong.

All this about Spacey was known years ago and nothing ever happened to him it's good to see they might get him

Reactions: Ezzy
I remain open minded in such cases until the verdict is in. Why do people wait years to report these things instead of at the time or soon after?. In most cases it's to bring someone down , and get financial compensation.
If you look back a few years ago it was usually swept under the carpet .

As my sisters ( same father ) circumstance she told many people and nothing happened including her mother . I contacted Docs and the police and it wasn't until 25 years later that something was done.

Victims can be made to feel guilty 😔

Spacey's lawyer told jurors they would (amongst other things), need to determine if Spacey's actions were consensual. What male is going to say to anyone, 'would you like to squeeze my crotch?

This may have been o.k. in a final scene from Crocodile Dundee where Dundee did this to a female to confirm the female wasn't a male.

That was role playing. What Spacey has been accused of goes far beyond acting for the victim!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I remain open minded in such cases until the verdict is in. Why do people wait years to report these things instead of at the time or soon after?. In most cases it's to bring someone down , and get financial compensation.
Unless you are a victim of sexual abuse you couldn't understand

Unless you are a victim of sexual abuse you couldn't understand
Well stated Suzanne rose.

My eldest daughter was, to some extent, a victim of abuse by a 64 y.o. next door neighbour. Intercourse would have happened if she hadn't reported this to her School Counsellor!

We didn't see the signs, but around this time, she was standoffish with my father, her grandfather.
He denied the incidents when interviewed in front of his wife so no action was taken.

She doesn't want a boy friend, is distrustful of some men who are not family members & at 50 years of age still lives at home with my wife & l.

Why do these victims wait? Fear of reprisals, shame for letting this happen, thoughts of who would believe her, scared to report the fact due to their age & the list goes on.

After nearly 40 years, as a parent, the anguish remains. My wife & l were shown our daughter's report to the Police. These facts are still fresh in my mind.

Andrew.
l suggest you read my reply to Suzanne rose. Compensation isn't always possible & age isn't always a consideration to these perpetrators.