Authorities investigate a ‘disgusting’ social media stunt by influencers targeting Aboriginal communities

A group of controversial social media ‘influencers’ found themselves in hot water after driving into Aboriginal communities and encouraging people to drink shocking amounts of alcohol.

In a video posted on Instagram, the group can be seen driving around the remote town of Coober Pedy on a bus as they claimed to be ‘on the hunt to find Australia's best house party’.

‘We are here in Coober Pedy. Let's see what this town's about,’ a man said in the clip.

Old posts from their Instagram account showed them purchasing an old passenger bus before fully coating it with black paint and displaying their name across the side of the vehicle.

The group regularly hosted parties inside of the bus as it was complete with a bar, DJ decks, and neon lights.

The influencers got in serious trouble for giving away bottles of liquor with pink snorkel-like devices attached to them and encouraging the locals to chug alcohol from the devices. Most of them shared the drink, some finished a bottle to the last drop, while other locals were seen spitting the alcohol out.

YBu9QXnrW8BYStpec_CE22m_hRJHNUE6mMckc15OomqvCoHn18WLIySY1QvUmNaVOWNIPN-WuNs3g5Eh86XrsGqpiTEIsDfNkR3wRITWIUh8X6sV4l4jok6OCwt3lH1UXmm-nhefo5EQ_8m_wPyHT40

The group handed out alcohol for locals to binge drink. Source: ABC

A recent post from the group suggested that their previous social media accounts have been banned due to offensive content.

'YOU CAN'T GET RID OF US THAT EASY! How epic was that party? Here's some footage of what went down,' they captioned the post.

'We have had to relaunch due to our Instagram account getting shut down… But we are here to stay!'

A user pointed out in one of the videos: ‘Isn't Coober Pedy a dry zone?’

The SA Government's website confirmed that Coober Pedy has a dry zone implemented for almost all of its public spaces ‘to curb alcohol-related problems and anti-social behaviour in public areas such as reserves, car parks, beaches, and communities where drinking in public places is an indicator of complex social issues.’

ABC stated that a dry zone is a place that forbids its residents to consume alcohol. Several locations across Australia have a dry zone including remote parts of the country.

LDZ9FfxCIN0bsk7Z8D_z7E6nPBvPH4gb7r36V8I-2DNgkkmn0zjlXVyAIrGSx020aoqME78xWLh4cZdLE4a29QG26HejJ06A6K5-fMFMVnOr0C_Ez37BZmlsHKplXFe18YjBhFuzu3C73YQEGjEZmi0

A dry zone in NT. Source: canberratimes.com

The group stated on their account that they are ‘travelling around Australia in 2022’, but geo-tags from their recent posts revealed that they have only moved to lower socioeconomic areas.

The 'party bus' was recently spotted at Uluru in the Northern Territory, with Aboriginal officials fearing that they are potentially targeting at-risk groups.

The Chief Executive of the Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia, Shane Mohor confirmed that authorities informed him about the group ‘moving on’ but heard about their plans to travel north.

'I am concerned to have learned that they are now planning to head to Alice Springs,' Mr Mohor stated.

'I have been in touch with Nganampa Health Service in the APY Lands to let them know about this incident and that this group are planning to head their way.'

Since July 7, the group has published images and videos from Warrnambool in Victoria as well as other locations in South Australia, including Robe and Adelaide.

cR87HOb8SZVJfFM_vIOQgyDbdnSVA_LMLN8lmh-J4BvuIarICNEeCL2cP6nCUopUEq02iImUXVPBz8QbyGu26wZZVAkDPnrquxEpTUF700LI5_X-ndGWLOrE1iqBIuYYf5fBtI1QH6TeIkuMKtYPBN4

A group of men can be seen chugging alcohol. Source: DailyMail

One video tagged with an ‘Adelaide’ location showed a bottle of alcohol being shared by a group of Aboriginal men.

SA Police stated that they have investigated the video and fined four members of the Coober Pedy community for drinking in public.

'We can confirm that we are aware of the vision and have not received any specific complaints from the public,' a spokesperson detailed.

'Police continue to try and locate the person(s) who supplied the alcohol for possible breaches under the Liquor Licensing Act.'

South Australia’s Aboriginal Affairs Minister, Kyam Maher said: ‘It’s disgusting, quite frankly.’

‘The police have been notified, and the Office for the Commissioner of Liquor and Gambling is also looking into it. The unlicensed supply or sale of alcohol can carry fines of up to $20,000. I hope the authorities investigate this case as thoroughly as possible.’ he continued.

This isn’t the first time popular social media personalities have caused a ruckus online and the SDC will always condemn illegal and offensive forms of entertainment.

What are your thoughts on these influencers’ stunts? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
HOW dare these entitled self interested little cretins even THINK to do such a thing? Influencers? Influencers of WHAT? Further cretins? No I could go on & on but I am sure you all get my gist. They all need to be sent out to a VERY remote dry compound for a year, to live with these people & work FOR them!!

Where do these cretins get their "good" ideas from? I agree, name and shame them, ban them from possessing alcohol for life, fine them an extortionate amount to recompense the communities and make them do community service in those same communities, and that would be just for starters!:mad:

A group of controversial social media ‘influencers’ found themselves in hot water after driving into Aboriginal communities and encouraging people to drink shocking amounts of alcohol.

In a video posted on Instagram, the group can be seen driving around the remote town of Coober Pedy on a bus as they claimed to be ‘on the hunt to find Australia's best house party’.

‘We are here in Coober Pedy. Let's see what this town's about,’ a man said in the clip.

Old posts from their Instagram account showed them purchasing an old passenger bus before fully coating it with black paint and displaying their name across the side of the vehicle.

The group regularly hosted parties inside of the bus as it was complete with a bar, DJ decks, and neon lights.

The influencers got in serious trouble for giving away bottles of liquor with pink snorkel-like devices attached to them and encouraging the locals to chug alcohol from the devices. Most of them shared the drink, some finished a bottle to the last drop, while other locals were seen spitting the alcohol out.

YBu9QXnrW8BYStpec_CE22m_hRJHNUE6mMckc15OomqvCoHn18WLIySY1QvUmNaVOWNIPN-WuNs3g5Eh86XrsGqpiTEIsDfNkR3wRITWIUh8X6sV4l4jok6OCwt3lH1UXmm-nhefo5EQ_8m_wPyHT40

A recent post from the group suggested that their previous social media accounts have been banned due to offensive content.

'YOU CAN'T GET RID OF US THAT EASY! How epic was that party? Here's some footage of what went down,' they captioned the post.

'We have had to relaunch due to our Instagram account getting shut down… But we are here to stay!'

The SA Government's website confirmed that Coober Pedy has a dry zone implemented for almost all of its public spaces ‘to curb alcohol-related problems and anti-social behaviour in public areas such as reserves, car parks, beaches, and communities where drinking in public places is an indicator of complex social issues.’

ABC stated that a dry zone is a place that forbids its residents to consume alcohol. Several locations across Australia have a dry zone including remote parts of the country.

LDZ9FfxCIN0bsk7Z8D_z7E6nPBvPH4gb7r36V8I-2DNgkkmn0zjlXVyAIrGSx020aoqME78xWLh4cZdLE4a29QG26HejJ06A6K5-fMFMVnOr0C_Ez37BZmlsHKplXFe18YjBhFuzu3C73YQEGjEZmi0

The group stated on their account that they are ‘travelling around Australia in 2022’, but geo-tags from their recent posts revealed that they have only moved to lower socioeconomic areas.

The 'party bus' was recently spotted at Uluru in the Northern Territory, with Aboriginal officials fearing that they are potentially targeting at-risk groups.

The Chief Executive of the Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia, Shane Mohor confirmed that authorities informed him about the group ‘moving on’ but heard about their plans to travel north.

'I am concerned to have learned that they are now planning to head to Alice Springs,' Mr Mohor stated.

'I have been in touch with Nganampa Health Service in the APY Lands to let them know about this incident and that this group are planning to head their way.'

Since July 7, the group has published images and videos from Warrnambool in Victoria as well as other locations in South Australia, including Robe and Adelaide.

cR87HOb8SZVJfFM_vIOQgyDbdnSVA_LMLN8lmh-J4BvuIarICNEeCL2cP6nCUopUEq02iImUXVPBz8QbyGu26wZZVAkDPnrquxEpTUF700LI5_X-ndGWLOrE1iqBIuYYf5fBtI1QH6TeIkuMKtYPBN4

One video tagged with an ‘Adelaide’ location showed a bottle of alcohol being shared by a group of Aboriginal men.

SA Police stated that they have investigated the video and fined four members of the Coober Pedy community for drinking in public.

'We can confirm that we are aware of the vision and have not received any specific complaints from the public,' a spokesperson detailed.

'Police continue to try and locate the person(s) who supplied the alcohol for possible breaches under the Liquor Licensing Act.'

South Australia’s Aboriginal Affairs Minister, Kyam Maher said: ‘It’s disgusting, quite frankly.’

‘The police have been notified, and the Office for the Commissioner of Liquor and Gambling is also looking into it. The unlicensed supply or sale of alcohol can carry fines of up to $20,000. I hope the authorities investigate this case as thoroughly as possible.’ he continued.

This isn’t the first time popular social media personalities have caused a ruckus online and the SDC will always condemn illegal and offensive forms of entertainment.

What are your thoughts on these influencers’ stunts? Let us know in the comments!
They need to get a real job, stop bludging off the taxpayer and just generally grow up. This ‘influencer’ rubbish is way out of hand. In this particular case, the harm could be considerable. It’s certainly illegal.

HOW dare these entitled self interested little cretins even THINK to do such a thing? Influencers? Influencers of WHAT? Further cretins? No I could go on & on but I am sure you all get my gist. They all need to be sent out to a VERY remote dry compound for a year, to live with these people & work FOR them!!
Quite right we dont need influencers we can think for ourselves. Totally agree with you about sending them out to learn some valuable lessons and NO INTERNET !

It always seems funny to me that anybody takes any notice of Influencers in the first case! Just because they have no valid skills & obviously do not want to work at anything they are the last folk we should listen to. This is a perfect exhibition of their tiny brains. To encourage the downfall of underprivileged people is a dreadful thing in my book.Cora 84.

It always seems funny to me that anybody takes any notice of Influencers in the first case! Just because they have no valid skills & obviously do not want to work at anything they are the last folk we should listen to. This is a perfect exhibition of their tiny brains. To encourage the downfall of underprivileged people is a dreadful thing in my book.Cora 84.
lucky I was not there as I would be in jail now and those coward influencers would not be breathing

Being an influencer, is a way of people getting paid without doing anything valuable (Some) The more viewers they have the more money they get. It’s all to do with that. So who watches their videos?? I believe it will be the same kind of losers and senseless ones.
They need to be dealt with. Young ones these days are allowed to do whatever they want, without any consequences!! 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

I don't quite get the concept of influencers. Surely I can make a decision for myself. I don't follow any movie critics, food bloggers (influencers) etc. Nobody knows my likes and dislikes better than me. OK perhaps my wife knows them quite well too. So why do I need to listen to influencers? I have read quite a few articles where influencers have "demanded" stuff for free to "promote" a business to the followers. But a small business can't afford to give away free stuff. It is pretty tough for the businesses these days. I would love to talk to one of these influencers and tell them to get a job like most of us have. By the way, some of these influencers have a pretty good life. Aargh!!

I don't quite get the concept of influencers. Surely I can make a decision for myself. I don't follow any movie critics, food bloggers (influencers) etc. Nobody knows my likes and dislikes better than me. OK perhaps my wife knows them quite well too. So why do I need to listen to influencers? I have read quite a few articles where influencers have "demanded" stuff for free to "promote" a business to the followers. But a small business can't afford to give away free stuff. It is pretty tough for the businesses these days. I would love to talk to one of these influencers and tell them to get a job like most of us have. By the way, some of these influencers have a pretty good life. Aargh!!
Most of these "influencers" are complete morons anyway so why give them any space? Wasting that amount of oxygen must affect the ozone layer surely.

• Haha
Reactions: Jill57 and Ricci

Totally irresponsible behaviour I have worked in many remote communities in the NT and I know how difficult it is to keep alcohol out of these communities and unfortunately the consequences 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci