Aussies score cheap homeware deals at this unexpected store—don’t miss out!

In the realm of affordable home decor, where retail giants like Kmart, Target, and BIG W have long held sway, a new contender is quietly making its mark.

Far from its competitors' flashy displays and commercials, this player sports bright red sale tags and shelves overflowing with an eclectic mix of treasures and trinkets.

The store in question? The Reject Shop.

Once an underdog, it is now making waves on social media for its impressive and revamped homewares section.

SDC 4.png
The Reject Shop has been making waves on social media for its cheap homeware products. Image source: Shutterstock.

From storage containers and pantry labels to candles, plush cushions, tea towels, placemats, and even stylish indoor plants, the store offers a wide array of budget-friendly and surprisingly chic items.

A recent post on a social media group brought this revelation to light.

A member shared her surprise at the quality and affordability of The Reject Shop's homewares, posting photos of shelves laden with pastel blue and grey soap dispensers and laundry powder containers.

'I’m possibly late to the party but doesn’t The Reject Shop have nice cheap homewares now?!' she said.

SDC 5.png
A shopper at The Reject Shop shared a photo of her cheap homeware finds on social media. Image source: Facebook.

The range, with prices starting from a mere $3, has been a pleasant surprise for many.

'I'm late too, but better late than never. I'm obsessed with their stuff now!' one interior decor enthusiast replied.

While another customer shared, 'I always check it out when I pass by. Always some nice items.'

'The clearance section and garden section are also great,' another commented.

The Reject Shop's offerings have even been compared favourably to those of other retailers.

'Up there with the others,' one wrote, while another agreed, 'Some of their stuff is so much nicer than Kmart at the moment.'

The uniqueness of The Reject Shop's items was also highlighted, with one customer noting, 'Their stuff is so unique, so you won't find it in the other mainstream shops.'

The Reject Shop's homewares section is not just a place to find affordable items; it's a treasure trove for those seeking unique pieces to add character to their homes.

The store's range of products allows customers to express their personal style without breaking the bank.

Customers have been sharing their creative uses of The Reject Shop's homewares, from sprucing up their laundry rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and studies, to using them as decor pieces in renovated vintage caravans.

'I bought a blue and white striped laundry hamper for $12, bargain! Makes the space look so Hamptons,' one shopper shared.

Another customer showcased her purchase of four vintage-looking containers for sugar, coffee, tea, and utensils, all for $18.

In similar news, an employee from The Reject Shop revealed how to save big in-store and beat supermarket prices.

Kate Eshuys, Chief Operating Officer at The Reject Shop, explained: 'We are a low-cost operator, and our team works closely with our suppliers to find amazing deals for our customers.'

Some deals might be closer to the use-by date, but The Reject Shop is committed to only accepting deals with at least a three-month shelf life.

Moreover, all items being sold at The Reject Shop fall within the boundaries set by the Australian Consumer Law, are within the use-by or best-before date, and come from brands familiar to Aussies.

You can read more about The Reject Shop’s strategy here.
Key Takeaways
  • The Reject Shop is becoming popular among Australian shoppers for its affordable and stylish homewares.
  • Customers are surprised by the quality and range of products available, comparing it favourably to other retailers like Kmart.
  • Shoppers are sharing their finds and how they are using these homewares to style various parts of their homes, with positive feedback.
  • The Reject Shop's prices are very competitive, starting from just $3, and the items are considered unique compared to mainstream options.
Have you found any hidden gems at The Reject Shop? Share your finds and how you've styled them in your home in the comments below. We'd love to hear your stories!

Sponsored
Good to know. I am one to invest in good quality comfortable shoes...rather have 1 good pair than 5 crappy pairs. I had to look them up....lol just making sure they are not eshays brand of choice!
Ha ha ha! Eshays!

I'm glad you appreciated the review. I am currently wearing a pair of Gel Sonoma 7. Around $140 RRP. But if you're an ASICS member, you'll get a considerable discount, sometime a limited time 50% off selected styles!

Reactions: Knell
I need new runners - mine are at least 5 y/o now - so I am inspired to treat myself. My old ones are New Balance but I will try Asics - feedback to come haha thanks!
Another piece of IMPORTANT advice. Steer well away from Skechers. The UK podiatrist website Compleatfeet, asked for Skechers to be banned from sales in the UK after it was found that thousands of wearers suffered varying degrees of ankle tendon and ligament damage, some serious and permanent. This arises from the lack support around the ankle. I believe the article was taken down after Skechers started legal action against the website.

Another piece of IMPORTANT advice. Steer well away from Skechers. The UK podiatrist website Compleatfeet, asked for Skechers to be banned from sales in the UK after it was found that thousands of wearers suffered varying degrees of ankle tendon and ligament damage, some serious and permanent. This arises from the lack support around the ankle. I believe the article was taken down after Skechers started legal action against the website.
Oops! Too late. They are my current only walking shoe.

• Sad
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Have you compared the thickness of ankle support between your New Balance and the Skechers? You will probably find that the support is way thinner with the Skechers. I just compared my New Balance and ASICS and the support thickness is comparable.
Yes correct. Sketchers are thinner than the New Balance even though the New Balance are way older. Hence, I need to purchase new walkers. haha nice to have an excuse to go shopping!

Reactions: Veggiepatch
In the realm of affordable home decor, where retail giants like Kmart, Target, and BIG W have long held sway, a new contender is quietly making its mark.

Far from its competitors' flashy displays and commercials, this player sports bright red sale tags and shelves overflowing with an eclectic mix of treasures and trinkets.

The store in question? The Reject Shop.

Once an underdog, it is now making waves on social media for its impressive and revamped homewares section.

View attachment 39119
The Reject Shop has been making waves on social media for its cheap homeware products. Image source: Shutterstock.

From storage containers and pantry labels to candles, plush cushions, tea towels, placemats, and even stylish indoor plants, the store offers a wide array of budget-friendly and surprisingly chic items.

A recent post on a social media group brought this revelation to light.

A member shared her surprise at the quality and affordability of The Reject Shop's homewares, posting photos of shelves laden with pastel blue and grey soap dispensers and laundry powder containers.

'I’m possibly late to the party but doesn’t The Reject Shop have nice cheap homewares now?!' she said.

View attachment 39118
A shopper at The Reject Shop shared a photo of her cheap homeware finds on social media. Image source: Facebook.

The range, with prices starting from a mere $3, has been a pleasant surprise for many.

'I'm late too, but better late than never. I'm obsessed with their stuff now!' one interior decor enthusiast replied.

While another customer shared, 'I always check it out when I pass by. Always some nice items.'

'The clearance section and garden section are also great,' another commented.

The Reject Shop's offerings have even been compared favourably to those of other retailers.

'Up there with the others,' one wrote, while another agreed, 'Some of their stuff is so much nicer than Kmart at the moment.'

The uniqueness of The Reject Shop's items was also highlighted, with one customer noting, 'Their stuff is so unique, so you won't find it in the other mainstream shops.'

The Reject Shop's homewares section is not just a place to find affordable items; it's a treasure trove for those seeking unique pieces to add character to their homes.

The store's range of products allows customers to express their personal style without breaking the bank.

Customers have been sharing their creative uses of The Reject Shop's homewares, from sprucing up their laundry rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and studies, to using them as decor pieces in renovated vintage caravans.

'I bought a blue and white striped laundry hamper for $12, bargain! Makes the space look so Hamptons,' one shopper shared.

Another customer showcased her purchase of four vintage-looking containers for sugar, coffee, tea, and utensils, all for $18.

In similar news, an employee from The Reject Shop revealed how to save big in-store and beat supermarket prices.

Kate Eshuys, Chief Operating Officer at The Reject Shop, explained: 'We are a low-cost operator, and our team works closely with our suppliers to find amazing deals for our customers.'

Some deals might be closer to the use-by date, but The Reject Shop is committed to only accepting deals with at least a three-month shelf life.

Moreover, all items being sold at The Reject Shop fall within the boundaries set by the Australian Consumer Law, are within the use-by or best-before date, and come from brands familiar to Aussies.

You can read more about The Reject Shop’s strategy here.
Key Takeaways

• The Reject Shop is becoming popular among Australian shoppers for its affordable and stylish homewares.
  • Customers are surprised by the quality and range of products available, comparing it favourably to other retailers like Kmart.
  • Shoppers are sharing their finds and how they are using these homewares to style various parts of their homes, with positive feedback.
  • The Reject Shop's prices are very competitive, starting from just $3, and the items are considered unique compared to mainstream options.
Have you found any hidden gems at The Reject Shop? Share your finds and how you've styled them in your home in the comments below. We'd love to hear your stories!
Saw some lovely lemon colour plates and other bits and pieces at my local Reject Shop today Do not need anything but they would make lovely gifts for next Christmas. If you like the lemon colour that is !