Aussies are finding unbelievably cheap dishwashing tablets at Bunnings!

In the quest for cost-efficient ways to earn sparkling dishes and cutlery, Aussies are always on the lookout for ways to save on everyday expenses without compromising on quality.

Aussies are now discovering that Bunnings Warehouse, the go-to place for DIY and home improvement, is also a treasure trove for those in the know, offering incredible deals on cleaning products.

One thrifty mum has let the cat out of the bag, sharing her discovery of a 100-pack of Exonic Dishwasher tablets for a mere $12.75—a price that's hard to beat.

Typically, a box of 100 dishwasher tablets can set you back as much as $70, so this find could mean enormous savings.

The news of this deal spread like wildfire across the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, where the mum also mentioned other bargain cleaning items spotted at Bunnings.

From a five-litre bottle of fabric softener for $10 to a six-kilo pack of Omo laundry powder for $42.99, Bunnings may be the new hotspot for savvy shoppers looking to stock up on household essentials.

bunnings logo.png
The Bunnings store network is made up of 282 large warehouse stores, 67 smaller format stores, and 32 trade centres. Image Source: Facebook / Bunnings Warehouse Australia

The Exonic tablets have garnered a following among budget-conscious consumers, with many praising their effectiveness. One reviewer said the tablets, ‘work just as good as the Finish tablets that are 5x the price’. Another said, ‘Great value and does the job. Back on food stains came right off.’

However, it's worth noting that these tablets come individually wrapped, requiring an extra step before use. While this might be a minor inconvenience, most users agree that the quality and savings are worth it.

Not everyone was as impressed, with other reviewers noting that they had to use multiple tablets per wash to get good results. One even commented, ‘Rubbish product… [bought] because of price and use three times as much.’

This highlights an essential point: sometimes, the cheapest option may not always be the most cost-effective in the long run.

Some group members shared their homemade dishwashing powder recipes for those who prefer to take the DIY route or are looking for more natural alternatives.

One member shared her own concoction for a homemade dishwashing powder. She tells members to ‘mix one cup washing soda, one cup borax, half a cup fine salt, quarter cup citric acid. One or two tablespoons per load.’

These homemade solutions can be kinder to the environment and gentler on the wallet, costing only a couple of dollars per load.
Key Takeaways
  • Australian shoppers are finding great deals on cleaning products, like dishwasher tablets, at Bunnings Warehouse.
  • One mum purchased a 100-pack of Exonic Dishwasher tablets for just $12.75, significantly lower than usual retail prices.
  • Several reviewers vouched for the effectiveness of the Bunnings-sourced dishwashing tablets, while other shoppers offered budget-friendly tips and alternatives.
  • Some shoppers expressed that they had to use two tablets per wash for better results, or preferred making their own dishwashing powder to save even more money.
When it comes to dishwashing, whether you prefer tablets, powders, or making your own cleaning agents, the key is to find a balance between cost, convenience, and effectiveness.

Looking for more cost-effective cleaning products? Check out how this mum made her old tiles sparkle with a $3 cleaning product!

Bunnings Warehouse has undoubtedly surprised many with its range of affordable cleaning products, and it might just be worth a visit for those looking to save on their next shopping trip.

Dishwasher tablets aside, could Bunnings be the new go-to for other cheap cleaning supplies? Check out our article on the matter!

Have you discovered any unexpected places to snag a bargain on household essentials? Or perhaps you have your own secret recipe for a homemade cleaning solution? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
i tired the bunnings product ......

returned them.
they do not clean properly
and wrapped in plastic that has to go into landfill, because it is polluted with the powder.

Buy from aldi ....
the triple layer type,
works well,
and there plastic is dissolvable in the dishwasher.

I buy mine from Costco. I find them cheaper than other stores for items if you want in bulk.

Reactions: Wendy
DIY recipes don't work. I've previously bought dishwasher powder at a bulk store that prevents package waste. Didn't work. I tried Aldi's tablets and had to pay for a repairman, as they ruined a major part of the dishwasher that needed replacing.
I now stick with Finish powder. It lasts for a very long time because it's a premium product and uses less.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Yep, sure have, snagged this at the local IGA - septic-friendly and lasts for approx. a month's-worth of washes all for a mere $2.35 ....if the dishwasher starts smelling or looking a little grundgy, I throw me under the shower with a little soap and shampoo.... good as new ;-D20240422_083145.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennie
You can also get a large box of Finish Tablets for $20 at the Reject shop. They also sell other cleaning products.

We wash our dishes in the sink with a splash of detergent. Very cheap and saves on water.
I do think this is still the best way. The dishwasher manufacturers would have you believe they use less water than hand washing. I don't believe it, and it's done in minutes not hours.
I have a dishwasher but don't use use it often. I find it simply isn't as good, and there are items that need hand washing anyway.

I have been using Australian Eucalyptus Company Dishwashing Powder, and Dishwashing Liquid. They both do a great job, using only a small amount, making it a very thrifty addition to my kitchen, as well as other Australian Eucalyptus Company products.

my dishwasher and I do not get along very well, I find that by the time i have loaded it I could have hand washed everything in the same amount of time. I struggle to load the damn thing anyway, cups/mugs plates bowls and glass ware are fine but cooking pans are impossible, more than one of those takes up too much room, I admit to not really knowing the best way to load it as it is the first one I have ever had, so not a lot of experience with them. Videos on UTube are of no help as my model is not shown and generic how to advice is just not the same. I think of it as a decoration taking up too much cupboard space in the kitchen.

As seen on SDC I find the Shine Dishwasher Powder Concentrate is good. A cap full each load and only $3.90 is great value. Can only seem to find it at Woollies.
They also have the Shine dishwasher tablets x 30 for $4.50 or big box of 100 for $12.80.
Excellent product and yes only at Wollies.

Reactions: AnneMaree