Aussie wins Lotto jackpot using his ‘special’ trick: ‘I didn’t sleep very well’

The thrill of the lottery is such an experience, and for one Australian, it's a thrill that has paid off in a life-changing way.

A Ballarat man found himself in the enviable position of planning an early retirement after scooping up a staggering $848,000 in the TattsLotto draw.

But what was his secret?

It turns out he had a 'special' trick up his sleeve—a set of birthday numbers that held personal significance.

The concept of using special dates, such as birthdays or anniversaries, as lottery numbers is a common practice among players.

shutterstock_2129755661.jpg
A man from Ballarat won the lottery using a ‘special’ trick he’d been using for years. Credit: Shutterstock

It's a way to infuse a personal touch into the game of chance, and for this lucky Aussie, it was a strategy that brought an incredible reward.

The numbers he played weekly for years finally turned out to be the golden ticket to his fortune.

The feeling of winning such a substantial amount is surreal, and the Ballarat man recounted his reaction to the life-altering news.

‘I checked my ticket last night. I’ve been playing those numbers every week for years,’ he said.

‘I first picked them because they’re birthdays and numbers that were a bit special. I guess they’re special now. I’m very lucky—It’s amazing!’

'I didn't sleep very well,' he admitted, still in the process of letting the reality of his win sink in.

‘I’ll be able to retire a little earlier than planned. It’s incredible! I never thought this would happen to me.’

His winning entry was purchased at Wendouree Newsagency in Ballarat, Victoria.

The winning numbers in TattsLotto draw 4455 on Saturday, 30 March 2024, were 44, 42, 43, 15, 12, and 9, with supplementary numbers 18 and 36.

But he wasn't the only one with plans for his newfound wealth.

A Queensland man from Plainland also shared his intentions to use his $848,000 prize to secure a comfortable retirement.

'This will be so good. I would love to get a home for myself so I can enjoy my retirement,' he said, expressing the joy of finally hitting the jackpot after 30 years of playing the lottery.

In Victoria, the good fortune continued with a Craigieburn man and an Oakleigh woman each winning $848,000, while a syndicate of six Melbourne players will split their sum.

In a similar story, a father celebrated his birthday in an extraordinary way by winning the jackpot from a $5 Wheel of Fortune scratch card gifted by his son.

This was a ticket to a shared fortune neither of them could have predicted. You can read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • A man from Ballarat won $848,000 in the TattsLotto draw using a set of numbers that were special to him.
  • The Ballarat man planned to retire early thanks to the significant Lotto win he secured by playing the same numbers each week.
  • Other notable winners from the Easter long weekend included two individuals from Victoria, a man from New South Wales, a man from Queensland, and a Victorian group syndicate.
  • Winners have shared their plans for the money, including purchasing homes and enjoying early retirement, highlighting the life-changing impact of the win.
Do you have a set of 'special' numbers you play in the lottery? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Selecting the same B/D dates as numbers for a lottery for number of years may not win the prize as the persons life may not be long enough for that, you have to be extremely , extremely lucky to select the winning numbers at the right time and at the right lottery, but as they say you have to be in it to win it

This story doesn't make sense.
How did 42, 43, 44 and 36 get to be important dates of birthdays etc. Duh!! Has nobody else picked up on this.
He actually said: "I first picked them because they’re birthdays and numbers that were a bit special" So they were Birthdays AND Numbers That Were A Bit Special