Aussie superstar keeps it real with his thrifty birthday choices

When celebrating an occasion, celebrities often indulge in extravagant parties and lavish gifts.

Yet, one Australian actor has once again charmed the public with his refreshingly humble birthday celebration.

For his 41st birthday, Thor superstar Chris Hemsworth chose a simple yet delightful White Mud Cake from Woolworths ($6.40).

This choice is proof that sometimes, the sweetest pleasures in life come without a hefty price tag.

The Hollywood actor shared a glimpse of his modest festivities on social media, where he savoured the cake alongside a glass of champagne and a bouquet.

'I just want to say thank you for all the birthday love or the birthday wishes,' Hemsworth shared in a video.

compressed-chris hemsworth.jpeg
Chris Hemsworth showed off his simple birthday celebration on social media, which featured the humble Woolworths cake. Image Credit: Instagram/Chris Hemsworth

'I didn't actually get any photos yesterday, so I bought myself a cake, and I thought I'd do a private celebration.'

'I got myself some flowers. When you get older, you realise that the circle of people around you, the people you love, gets smaller and smaller,' he added.

'So that's why it's just me. But not to worry, as I said, I got myself a delicious cake and some bubbly and a little arrangement there.'

Some comments admired how he stays 'in touch with the common man' despite his success.

'Love that with all your success, you are still humble enough to have a Woolies mud cake as your birthday cake. Happy birthday!' another fan greeted Hemsworth.

The Woolworths white mud cake became a favourite among Australians for its affordability and taste.

According to the Woolworths website, the cake has a soft and fluffy sponge topped with gorgeously glossy white chocolate icing and finished with swirls of dark chocolate.

The cake's popularity soared after Hemsworth's endorsement.

This isn't the first time Hemsworth opted for a budget-friendly birthday treat.

Last year, he had a Woolworths Chocolate Drip Cake, which cost $29.

This led to a nationwide sell-out as fans rushed to stores to try their favourite star's choice.

'This is the cake Chris Hemsworth had for his birthday. He is an Australian icon,' one fan shared.

'It smells so good. It is dense. I hate the word 'moist', but it's the only word that comes to mind. That, my friends, is a delicious cake.'

'It brings me so much comfort that Thor had a Woolies cake for his birthday,' another shared.

The phenomenon of the sold-out cake following Hemsworth's post is a testament to the actor's influence.

Hemsworth's preference for a supermarket cake over an expensive dessert resonated with many who admire the simplicity and relatability it represents.

Watch Chris Hemsworth’s birthday video here:

Source: @chrishemsworth/Instagram

In a society where celebrity culture often feels distant, Hemsworth's actions remind us that joy can be found in the simplest of things.

Apart from that, a sense of community and shared experiences genuinely matter more.

We all can appreciate the joy of a good cake and a moment of self-celebration.

We wish Chris Hemsworth a happy birthday.
Key Takeaways

• Chris Hemsworth celebrated his 41st birthday with a $6.40 Woolworths white mud cake.
  • The Australian actor appreciated birthday wishes from fans and enjoyed a solo celebration with cake and champagne.
  • Fans admired Hemsworth's humility and relatability due to his simple choice for his birthday celebration.
  • Hemsworth also had the Woolworths Chocolate Drip Cake for his 40th birthday, which led to the cake's popularity among shoppers and fans.
Have you ever tried the famous Woolworths mud cake? What are your thoughts on celebrities showcasing more modest choices? Share your stories and opinions in the comments below!

Sponsored