Aussie mum uses $12 ‘game-changing’ organisers to transform her linen cupboard: “Looks fantastic!”

How does your linen cupboard at home look folks? If anything like ours, it's cluttered and full of things stacked and crammed into spaces. It can be utterly impossible, even with the neatest packing and folding, to make a linen cupboard an easy place to navigate and organise. Until now that is.

An Aussie mum, Alinta, has taken to the internet to share how she transformed her linen cupboard by using an affordable item from Kmart. She got her hands on $12 Linen Look Collapsible Boxes to create a storage room that’s functional, accessible, and incredibly satisfying to look at.

The boxes are perfect for stacking in areas with limited space and are ideal for keeping away seasonal items when not in use. It also comes with a ‘window’ that allows you to identify what each box contains which in turn prevents mess from accumulating as you dig through and try to find something in particular.

tEMIrXVcwTXDhjl_Jl9bFEk00YQiLkihRVhZ_MwUpZSuqak0QL3T-7iMiaiTEbJOB-KZg7VJ4wPF_ii3P4efjFjas6AVBwk4YN3K42MHR7wkatZNuKq7B8XZ9z8EOVeaFkNPBl1x
jLiJ51OaKWmE1IP2u5gr2FAGCYq3ugZ9NcEtehrWOw6aU-jUo60SAm9W3NO43tHhmeyfuRQD8OvNpZyqdSEA97pyhIjQl7WR0L5vXQ6txAxTlWl3xuEEIA9j0gFDiWiq_nX1Pac7

Before and after pictures of Alinta’s project. Image Credit: dailymail.co.uk

Alinta has packed just about everything inside the zip-up boxes including backpacks, pyjamas, bed sheets, blankets, jumpers, and doona covers. The mum mentioned that it was definitely a challenge to finish considering the huge amount of linen she owned. Regardless, she agrees that it was all worth it in the end.

“What a huge job. I’m knackered now” Alinta wrote.

The super mum shared epic before and after pictures of her project on Facebook and left hundreds of users in awe.

“These work well. I have had them for a couple of years and definitely recommend them.” one user wrote

“Looks fantastic! A job well done I say.” another commented.

“You can save even more space by putting a sheet, quilt cover and pillowcases inside a matching pillowcase” a third suggested.

Do you have some organisation hacks in mind? Share them in the comments below!

Want more home organisation ideas? Watch the video below.

Credit: Kristen McGowan​

Sponsored
Maybe I'm being particularly lazy but I really don't see why you would do something like this. So long as you fold everything neatly before you put it away there is no need for your linen cupboard to look like a bomb has gone off. Every linen cupboard I've ever come across has a door on it anyway, specifically to hide any mess!!!

My linen closet hack is simple, quick and easy to do. Now most of my relatives invite me to sort out theirs for a lovely cooked dinner. After washing your sheets and pillowcases, fold as usual and place the sheets and 1 pillowcase INSIDE the other pillowcase and store. This keeps the set together and not mixing the wrong top sheet with the bottom. Also providing just 1 package with everything you need. My sister pops the package on her teenager's beds for them to make their own. Easy and effective.

My linen closet hack is simple, quick and easy to do. Now most of my relatives invite me to sort out theirs for a lovely cooked dinner. After washing your sheets and pillowcases, fold as usual and place the sheets and 1 pillowcase INSIDE the other pillowcase and store. This keeps the set together and not mixing the wrong top sheet with the bottom. Also providing just 1 package with everything you need. My sister pops the package on her teenager's beds for them to make their own. Easy and effective.
I have always done this too, put the doon cover in there as well. I thought everybody did this as it makes so much sense and all the packets end up a very similar size and easy to stack.

That's exactly what I ve been doing for years now. I also write S, D or Q on the inside of that pillow case to easily find the right size.

Love the organisation ideas shown in the videos from Kristen often watch them but lament the fact that most of the ideas are using products that are not easy to come by in regional areas, either because the stores are not here, or the products are not available for whatever reason.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
If the white boxes with the "window" are $12 each she's spent at least $300 on these alone (5 boxes per shelf it seems, looking at the photo. Then there are the boxes on the ground, that look more expensive.... I personally cant afford (and am not prepared!) to spend hundreds of dollars to organise things that I hardly use.....
As for the linen: I do it like so many others here: fitted sheet, top sheet, doona cover and 1 pillow case into the second pillow case. Easily done, easily found, always a complete set, and doesnt cost anything!

Reactions: Ricci