Aussie mum shares 'sausage' method of putting on the duvet cover!

We can all agree that one of the best feelings after a long, tiring day is getting into a freshly made bed with clean sheets.

On the flip side, nothing is more frustrating than trying to put on a duvet cover by yourself. Putting the duvet in the cover is one of the hardest jobs when it comes to making your bed, and we're probably all guilty of just trying to shove the corners in and hope for the best.

Luckily for us, there is an easier way to do it, which one woman has revealed on TikTok.

Who knew it could be this easy…

57Yrk2OUpWOuOMIT9BpAC2h6wfgPdBYARkKBbn1wXIS2MHIrpzMDy5I3tXEgFyWn5xA3eTvvu6HzpG_6l81T80Fp0JtQkIdLsf1yqo7wr757gjZ-6l7k4d69kpmVY7j71oDOlSTtP11vz22qhg

Chantel Mila reveals the quickest way to put on your quilt cover with no heavy lifting. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Melbourne mum-of-two Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila on social media, shared the quickest and easiest way to put on your quilt cover without doing any heavy lifting with her viewers on Tik Tok.

Here's how she does it:
  1. First, turn your doona cover inside out and lay it down flat on the bed.
  2. Lay your doona on top of the doona cover.
  3. Then, roll the doona and the cover together starting from the head side of the bed until you reach the end of the bed. At this point, you should have a "sausage" or "burrito" made out of the duvet.
  4. Grab either end of the "sausage" and, while holding the doona and the side of the cover closest to it, flip the other side of the cover outward and around the "sausage". The cover should now be on the right side out of the roll.
  5. Do the same at the other end of the roll.
  6. Now, all that's left is to unroll the "sausage" and your doona will be perfectly positioned inside the cover. It's that easy!

The whole method may look a bit tricky at first (especially the part where you turn the cover over the ends) but the results are proof that the hack works!

You can try watching this video below to guide you:

Credit: Inhabitat.

Now, the much-dreaded chore of putting a doona inside a duvet cover is as easy as rolling up a "burrito" (Anyone get hungry all of a sudden?).

We hope this bed-making hack will help you out, members.

Do you have more bedding tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored

We can all agree that one of the best feelings after a long, tiring day is getting into a freshly made bed with clean sheets.

On the flip side, nothing is more frustrating than trying to put on a duvet cover by yourself. Putting the duvet in the cover is one of the hardest jobs when it comes to making your bed, and we're probably all guilty of just trying to shove the corners in and hope for the best.

Luckily for us, there is an easier way to do it, which one woman has revealed on TikTok.

57Yrk2OUpWOuOMIT9BpAC2h6wfgPdBYARkKBbn1wXIS2MHIrpzMDy5I3tXEgFyWn5xA3eTvvu6HzpG_6l81T80Fp0JtQkIdLsf1yqo7wr757gjZ-6l7k4d69kpmVY7j71oDOlSTtP11vz22qhg

Chantel Mila reveals the quickest way to put on your quilt cover with no heavy lifting. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Melbourne mum-of-two Chantel Mila, better known as Mama Mila on social media, shared the quickest and easiest way to put on your quilt cover without doing any heavy lifting with her viewers on Tik Tok.

Here's how she does it:

3. Then, roll the doona and the cover together starting from the head side of the bed until you reach the end of the bed. At this point, you should have a "sausage" or "burrito" made out of the duvet.
  4. Grab either end of the "sausage" and, while holding the doona and the side of the cover closest to it, flip the other side of the cover outward and around the "sausage". The cover should now be on the right side out of the roll.
  6. Now, all that's left is to unroll the "sausage" and your doona will be perfectly positioned inside the cover. It's that easy!

The whole method may look a bit tricky at first (especially the part where you turn the cover over the ends) but the results are proof that the hack works!

Now, the much-dreaded chore of putting a doona inside a duvet cover is as easy as rolling up a "burrito" (Anyone get hungry all of a sudden?).

Have been doing this for years, also if you sew a length of ribbon to each corner of the quilt and inside corners of the cover and tie them before rolling, the quilt stays in place .

Reactions: ElleJay and Ricci

Here's how she does it:

Do you have more bedding tips to share? Let us know in the co. Thankyou for this tip I will definitely try it .

Good idea but there is no way I can climb onto the bed when you have two knee replacements.
I am with you Janet, I couldn't climb on the bed and do this. I think the old fashioned peg on the corners is the easiest method to me. And in the video looks like you have to remake the sheet part of the bed. I like to give my doona and cover a good shake to spread out the feathers and down. ;)

Two questions:
1) Why do we always see women demonstrating 'bed-making' on their own? Where are the other users of the bed - partners and/or children? If one is fortunate to have other people in the house, all these tasks become much easier.
2) Am I the only person in Australia to still iron bed linen?

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci and Vinylted
I have also been using this method for years, but i know it as the "California Roll". No need to get up on the bed, i just walk around my bed a couple of times. Also, it is much harder when your cover doesn't open the entire width of the doona, still works though.

Reactions: SandyM and Ricci

Here's how she does it:

I solved the problem by doing away with my doona altogether! Instead I use a quilted Comforter set. I bought two, super king size to ensure that the coverage was good, it is weighty enough to be even more comfortable than a doona and the whole thing can be shoved in the washing machine. They take a bit of drying, hence the need for two but at $80 each they work out a damn sight cheaper than doonas and covers.:)

Two questions:
1) Why do we always see women demonstrating 'bed-making' on their own? Where are the other users of the bed - partners and/or children? If one is fortunate to have other people in the house, all these tasks become much easier.
No sorry your not! I had a client when I did ironing, and she had king size doona covers, pure linen sheets, and massive tablecloths, all had to be ironed.......I miss that job actually. And I have known to iron the top of doona cover if its very creased when on the bed!

Reactions: Ricci
I am with you Janet, I couldn't climb on the bed and do this. I think the old fashioned peg on the corners is the easiest method to me. And in the video looks like you have to remake the sheet part of the bed. I like to give my doona and cover a good shake to spread out the feathers and down. ;)
Glad I'm not the only one who likes the peg method! Actually now I use big bulldog clips instead of pegs.

Two questions:
I always iron my doona covers, pillow cases and occasionally the top section of the flat sheet if it's crinkled. I think ironed bed linen looks and feels so much nicer. Also, I don't understand people not using a top sheet these days! Using a top sheet means you don't need to wash your doona cover as often, and also your doona doesn't slide off the bed during the night!