Aussie mum’s ‘Frozen’ cake takes a hilariously disastrous turn

There’s nothing a parent won’t do for their kids — even make a cake straight out of their child’s nightmares. Kidding!

Such is the experience of one well-meaning Aussie mum, whose cake baking adventure for her three-year-old tyke’s birthday ended up having a twist fit for nightmares after a less than desirable attempt at recreating the Disney movie Frozen’s main characters Elsa and Anna (and a small Olaf snowman at the front!).

YlEnjcZFQPhZu9LMS4XQhKOLkVz5iJfFJNPPWJw7BZZTj3E9teQi7O08qB7SZuk2WKGqbsbsiabG1uLLGoz0lTBv8XR2pn0PL7Q7417aW5SJK5vDM8acl6q8p9kUj5ASvCM4JWdcRUIC8A9nMY4wM_KqGfqjEuhaQad7hJ27dt60URMp9hAH27PnOQ

Elsa, Anna, and Olaf featured in the Aussie mum’s birthday cake effort for her daughter. Credit: Facebook

The mum explained her creation on Facebook: 'White chocolate and chocolate mud cakes, homemade buttercream, ice shards made from white chocolate dyed a light blue and attempted to make Elsa, Anna and Olaf from fondant.'

In the words of one commenter, however, the result was ‘scary’.

The figures were mostly unrecognisable if not for the theme, and had odd, misshapen heads that were far from their inspirations’ faces.

Others quickly joined the fray and made cheeky remarks on the cake while recognising the mum’s effort.

7y-WcEKwaotxzADiJSbRfp6oKZhxS_016o8dX7a_Tc59zsmwE2XChNcmlcb0HOYCFI_tfOcmdXQqbDuJe0or41GroQe4JYLTYJwAp9VjtAwiNrVEMHIJGg2-E7nGD6z7lRnBF-3goHvZXChqy_EndfxDuGni5-wRk3dZgGFnRN_DCnlWq8yjkaEv1Q

Elsa and Anna of Disney’s Frozen. Credit: Pinterest

One joked, 'Frozen... Ice addicts... Same, same. But in all seriousness, this is an unreal effort. Well done. The ice shards look awesome.'

'This looks like us after one of our dinner parties,' another said.

'While the girls may look like zombies, I can appreciate how much work went into this,' added one more.

Others did not spare time to jest and highlighted the difficulty of creating cake art.

A sympathetic commenter wrote, ‘I know professional cake decorators who refuse to attempt self-made figures because they are too hard so they outsource. You should be super proud of yourself.'

'Well done. I tried making something small with fondant with my friend for my daughter’s birthday once and it ended up being a good laugh. It was too hard. But we had fun trying,' added another commenter.

Despite the jokes hurled at the mum, it seems all is well for her daughter, who apparently did not mind her mum’s Frozen franken-cake — at least, according to mum.

‘My three-year-old daughter loved it,’ she said.

The lead characters of Frozen commonly feature in cake mishaps.

dF_hhijPoaT4iTyIDyR_XYhwhndQb_V3TlOz0d0FJ7ruVcAMKs3QQisNGUQtsK0PhIAv8_cRu7eEg0jPR6M_2ZYEwxvr1CWDUofqCKNlZR-YrfqU-CMPqxElUXRr2uVSQrkvvXjDfb4o8roNrGvB8K1Sy0kTUoFDQJhMhs3yHA01oSKKG8E1nk1dbw

This ‘spray tan’ Elsa shocked a New York family in 2015. Credit: Imgur

In 2015, a family in New York, USA, was surprised to receive a ‘spray tan’ Elsa, wildly different from what they were expecting.

The comments then followed a similar trend to what the Aussie mum went through, with some offering sympathy, and some offering jokes.

One commenter wrote, ‘The sad thing is, as horrific as it looks, someone put serious time into making that cake. Every misshapen blob, every terrifying curve and flourish. There are hours and hours of terrible craftsmanship here.'

Source: Walt Disney Animation Studios

'Does the purchase price include 3 free counselling visits for the kids at the party?' another jokingly asked.

What can you say about our Aussie mum’s attempt at a Frozen cake?

Do you have similar funny baking experiences? We’re sure her daughter appreciated the effort!

Let us know and share your comments below!

Sponsored
I make kids cakes, I've done everything from train cakes , chest boards, soccer fields , castles and more and let me say it's not that easy.

I think she did a wonderful job sculpturing those dolls, those eyes are awesome.
Most would have used a real doll and stuck it in the cake..

Well done to her 👏 👍

There’s nothing a parent won’t do for their kids — even make a cake straight out of their child’s nightmares. Kidding!

Such is the experience of one well-meaning Aussie mum, whose cake baking adventure for her three-year-old tyke’s birthday ended up having a twist fit for nightmares after a less than desirable attempt at recreating the Disney movie Frozen’s main characters Elsa and Anna (and a small Olaf snowman at the front!).

YlEnjcZFQPhZu9LMS4XQhKOLkVz5iJfFJNPPWJw7BZZTj3E9teQi7O08qB7SZuk2WKGqbsbsiabG1uLLGoz0lTBv8XR2pn0PL7Q7417aW5SJK5vDM8acl6q8p9kUj5ASvCM4JWdcRUIC8A9nMY4wM_KqGfqjEuhaQad7hJ27dt60URMp9hAH27PnOQ

Elsa, Anna, and Olaf featured in the Aussie mum’s birthday cake effort for her daughter. Credit: Facebook

The mum explained her creation on Facebook: 'White chocolate and chocolate mud cakes, homemade buttercream, ice shards made from white chocolate dyed a light blue and attempted to make Elsa, Anna and Olaf from fondant.'

The figures were mostly unrecognisable if not for the theme, and had odd, misshapen heads that were far from their inspirations’ faces.

Others quickly joined the fray and made cheeky remarks on the cake while recognising the mum’s effort.

7y-WcEKwaotxzADiJSbRfp6oKZhxS_016o8dX7a_Tc59zsmwE2XChNcmlcb0HOYCFI_tfOcmdXQqbDuJe0or41GroQe4JYLTYJwAp9VjtAwiNrVEMHIJGg2-E7nGD6z7lRnBF-3goHvZXChqy_EndfxDuGni5-wRk3dZgGFnRN_DCnlWq8yjkaEv1Q

One joked, 'Frozen... Ice addicts... Same, same. But in all seriousness, this is an unreal effort. Well done. The ice shards look awesome.'

'While the girls may look like zombies, I can appreciate how much work went into this,' added one more.

Others did not spare time to jest and highlighted the difficulty of creating cake art.

A sympathetic commenter wrote, ‘I know professional cake decorators who refuse to attempt self-made figures because they are too hard so they outsource. You should be super proud of yourself.'

'Well done. I tried making something small with fondant with my friend for my daughter’s birthday once and it ended up being a good laugh. It was too hard. But we had fun trying,' added another commenter.

Despite the jokes hurled at the mum, it seems all is well for her daughter, who apparently did not mind her mum’s Frozen franken-cake — at least, according to mum.

dF_hhijPoaT4iTyIDyR_XYhwhndQb_V3TlOz0d0FJ7ruVcAMKs3QQisNGUQtsK0PhIAv8_cRu7eEg0jPR6M_2ZYEwxvr1CWDUofqCKNlZR-YrfqU-CMPqxElUXRr2uVSQrkvvXjDfb4o8roNrGvB8K1Sy0kTUoFDQJhMhs3yHA01oSKKG8E1nk1dbw

In 2015, a family in New York, USA, was surprised to receive a ‘spray tan’ Elsa, wildly different from what they were expecting.

The comments then followed a similar trend to what the Aussie mum went through, with some offering sympathy, and some offering jokes.

One commenter wrote, ‘The sad thing is, as horrific as it looks, someone put serious time into making that cake. Every misshapen blob, every terrifying curve and flourish. There are hours and hours of terrible craftsmanship here.'

'Does the purchase price include 3 free counselling visits for the kids at the party?' another jokingly asked.

Do you have similar funny baking experiences? We’re sure her daughter appreciated the effort!

It's not great, but points for trying, not easy I’m sure! But she posted on socials so expect the criticism!!

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I am 65 and my children are 38 and 36 and I made many cakes for them and even with the Women's Weekley Birthday Cake cookbook (which I still have) I had disasters as far as decorating went but the cake usually tasted great.

Reactions: Liz, Ezzy and Ricci

Well done. "Better to have tried & failed than to have never tried at all". As she stated, her 3 year old enjoyed it, & isn't that what this was all about? Making something they could enjoy.