Aussie man falls in love with wife all over again after a horrific accident

Most of you folks probably believe that the happy ending depicted in typical romantic films—in which a couple faces unimaginable hardships together but ultimately finds their way back to each other's arms—can never actually happen in real life.

But we're willing to bet that after reading about this young man and how he fell in love with his wife all over again, you'll have a change of heart!

otAcMnsotjQGwhpENJJB7jpyUH7uYb2xUw1P9EIIAez7JgnLkuNsLf-7k3x6LmkDuU_mbCjXcPpMkT9GWefBDhsRyIk-FMurpwDWC8PsKdoVkEf-RK44YiZ-wDgjxp_nEaG1amIRMK3kkacoozsDS0FGD9BgGBKmGdbPFeVkzIYg8wQUB6KbUg95UQ

A terrible accident changed the course of Luke and Melissa's lives forever. Credit: Luke and Melissa Buckton/7News.

Like the love stories shown in thousands of romantic films these days, Luke Buckton and Melissa's love story is not without its ups and downs.

One of the hardest challenges they had to overcome came in May of 2017—the day the couple's life was completely flipped upside down as a result of a tragic accident.

Nine months after they tied the knot in Bali, Melissa received a devastating phone call from Luke's work colleague, and right there and then, she knew something wasn't right.

She later discovered that Luke was left fighting for his life in the ICU following a tragic motorbike accident that left him unable to walk or communicate.

Luke was in a coma for some time, and when he regained consciousness, he had no idea who Melissa was.

Even though it was a horrible situation, Luke remembered thinking, at the time, that he was a 'lucky guy' since a beautiful woman was taking care of him every day.

'I feel like I've won the lotto,' he said in an interview with Sunrise.

Luke claims his affection for Melissa has never wavered, even though he has lost all memory and cannot recall their wedding or any other significant events from their life together.

'I get this warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach and my heart when I look at Melissa… I'm a lucky bugger.'

WnWYXwyiycx6wmpWeiVbbURgYA6R6JI6tvbn1I0e2PevmA7FHchjtEn2GfSYLCfZFnz5oUEa40QggfI4IsBfhA6pn1vyQ43n-nw4kNaU1jsj5XZSgIlUC9dlvm1xfTeYEdppdFIRqOKG8Qblya-LpF3Ix3a3yotWgdYuka_IxF1vBtp3eTR5YFiwtg

Luke was involved in a motorcycle accident that left him paralysed and unable to recall the past. Credit: Luke Buckton/7News.

Following his near-death experience from a severe brain injury, Luke was hospitalised for nine months and underwent 18 months of rehabilitative therapy.

On the other hand, Melissa understood exactly what she needed to do during that difficult time: stay by her husband's side at all times. Even after everything that had happened, he was still the same person, she realised.

'There's so much of his personality that's still there, which is why I couldn't just give up,' she said.

'You take your vows seriously. I guess when we said, 'For better, for worse, in sickness and health', I actually meant it. He's my best friend; he always has been and still is.'

Over the years, Melissa has helped Luke remember things by filling in the blanks of his life.

Despite his frustration over his inability to recollect even the most simple details of their relationship, such as their first meeting, first kiss, wedding day, and more, his wife was not worried.

'They're just memories,' said Melissa. 'What matters is now, here in the present moment.'

The good news was that Luke gradually regained more of his memories from before the accident, even if they only came in fragments. He even dreamed about their first dance together as a couple, and Melissa told him that all of the things he saw in his dream were true.

Yhfb8mzRc5iOSNs79zW1Bv2V9bJV8xyxdtRKf6M2zFhgTzpPH7Ir19eJq_7WiYHPwgQiNHCbhJ2OUHnCJvHzs21Er70c66wlKRyQuutkF6FZqTzY7Eqa4YVNluVwktMoWTmDwxGLiqf5pBOAKDBsltItKuWtMfHOHZeEyHu24aacz91azSP3J-fBkg

The three of them are now a happy family. Credit: The Courier Mail.

A few years ago, the couple's lives took another dramatic turn when Melissa learned she was pregnant, and they would soon be a family of three.

When the mum-to-be showed Luke the positive pregnancy test, he was taken by surprise, and both of them were overwhelmed with emotions. 'We were so happy that we couldn't contain our joy. We've got a new life,' they said.

When Melissa gave birth to their son Micah in August 2021, Luke claimed he finally felt 'whole' again, proving that their love could conquer any obstacle.

This just goes to show that love really is bigger than life's obstacles… So, folks, what do you think of Luke and Melissa's love story? Did it touch your heart as much as it did ours? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
“For better, for worst, till death do us part”. They are vows made before God and should be uphold. Something that new generations seem too forget, unfortunately 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Most of you folks probably believe that the happy ending depicted in typical romantic films—in which a couple faces unimaginable hardships together but ultimately finds their way back to each other's arms—can never actually happen in real life.

But we're willing to bet that after reading about this young man and how he fell in love with his wife all over again, you'll have a change of heart!

otAcMnsotjQGwhpENJJB7jpyUH7uYb2xUw1P9EIIAez7JgnLkuNsLf-7k3x6LmkDuU_mbCjXcPpMkT9GWefBDhsRyIk-FMurpwDWC8PsKdoVkEf-RK44YiZ-wDgjxp_nEaG1amIRMK3kkacoozsDS0FGD9BgGBKmGdbPFeVkzIYg8wQUB6KbUg95UQ

A terrible accident changed the course of Luke and Melissa's lives forever. Credit: Luke and Melissa Buckton/7News.

Like the love stories shown in thousands of romantic films these days, Luke Buckton and Melissa's love story is not without its ups and downs.

One of the hardest challenges they had to overcome came in May of 2017—the day the couple's life was completely flipped upside down as a result of a tragic accident.

Nine months after they tied the knot in Bali, Melissa received a devastating phone call from Luke's work colleague, and right there and then, she knew something wasn't right.

She later discovered that Luke was left fighting for his life in the ICU following a tragic motorbike accident that left him unable to walk or communicate.

Luke was in a coma for some time, and when he regained consciousness, he had no idea who Melissa was.

Even though it was a horrible situation, Luke remembered thinking, at the time, that he was a 'lucky guy' since a beautiful woman was taking care of him every day.

'I feel like I've won the lotto,' he said in an interview with Sunrise.

Luke claims his affection for Melissa has never wavered, even though he has lost all memory and cannot recall their wedding or any other significant events from their life together.

'I get this warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach and my heart when I look at Melissa… I'm a lucky bugger.'

WnWYXwyiycx6wmpWeiVbbURgYA6R6JI6tvbn1I0e2PevmA7FHchjtEn2GfSYLCfZFnz5oUEa40QggfI4IsBfhA6pn1vyQ43n-nw4kNaU1jsj5XZSgIlUC9dlvm1xfTeYEdppdFIRqOKG8Qblya-LpF3Ix3a3yotWgdYuka_IxF1vBtp3eTR5YFiwtg

Luke was involved in a motorcycle accident that left him paralysed and unable to recall the past. Credit: Luke Buckton/7News.

Following his near-death experience from a severe brain injury, Luke was hospitalised for nine months and underwent 18 months of rehabilitative therapy.

On the other hand, Melissa understood exactly what she needed to do during that difficult time: stay by her husband's side at all times. Even after everything that had happened, he was still the same person, she realised.

'There's so much of his personality that's still there, which is why I couldn't just give up,' she said.

'You take your vows seriously. I guess when we said, 'For better, for worse, in sickness and health', I actually meant it. He's my best friend; he always has been and still is.'

Over the years, Melissa has helped Luke remember things by filling in the blanks of his life.

Despite his frustration over his inability to recollect even the most simple details of their relationship, such as their first meeting, first kiss, wedding day, and more, his wife was not worried.

'They're just memories,' said Melissa. 'What matters is now, here in the present moment.'

The good news was that Luke gradually regained more of his memories from before the accident, even if they only came in fragments. He even dreamed about their first dance together as a couple, and Melissa told him that all of the things he saw in his dream were true.

Yhfb8mzRc5iOSNs79zW1Bv2V9bJV8xyxdtRKf6M2zFhgTzpPH7Ir19eJq_7WiYHPwgQiNHCbhJ2OUHnCJvHzs21Er70c66wlKRyQuutkF6FZqTzY7Eqa4YVNluVwktMoWTmDwxGLiqf5pBOAKDBsltItKuWtMfHOHZeEyHu24aacz91azSP3J-fBkg

The three of them are now a happy family. Credit: The Courier Mail.

A few years ago, the couple's lives took another dramatic turn when Melissa learned she was pregnant, and they would soon be a family of three.

When the mum-to-be showed Luke the positive pregnancy test, he was taken by surprise, and both of them were overwhelmed with emotions. 'We were so happy that we couldn't contain our joy. We've got a new life,' they said.

When Melissa gave birth to their son Micah in August 2021, Luke claimed he finally felt 'whole' again, proving that their love could conquer any obstacle.

This just goes to show that love really is bigger than life's obstacles… So, folks, what do you think of Luke and Melissa's love story? Did it touch your heart as much as it did ours? Let us know in the comments!
Yes certainly touched my heart in the best way. I am sure they still have a long way to go with Luke's memory but nothing can stop them from having a beautiful lifelong relationship as a family now. "Love overcomes all".

upheld maybe
Thanks for the correction, I appreciate it. English is not my first language and sometimes I make mistakes. But I accept when people correct me, because I believe it’s the way to learn. Thank you 😊

Reactions: Ezzy