Aussie driver's dirty deed could cost them a whopping $660 fine! Don't make the same mistake!

A little discretion can go a long way—especially when faced with inconvenient nature calls. Let's delve into the story of a Sydney man who found himself in a rather precarious situation, risking a hefty $660 fine due to his hasty and indiscreet roadside relief!

The incident was captured on a dashcam recording in the inner-city suburb of Redfern. The video shows the man hastily pulling up by the side of the road, displaying a sense of urgency.

compressed-screenshot.jpeg
The unfortunate moment was captured by a nearby dashcam. Source: Reddit

After quickly scanning his surroundings and checking his phone, he assumes an anxious stance. He then walks around the front of his car, taking another cautious look around before returning to the driver's side.

But here comes the unexpected twist! Instead of simply getting back into his vehicle, he utilises the open door as a makeshift privacy screen. Without wasting any time, he squats between the open door and the driver's seat, unabashedly relieving himself on the street.

Once finished, he hurriedly readjusts his attire and makes a swift escape.

Australia has had its fair share of ‘phantom poo-joggers’ capturing headlines over the years, reminding us of bizarre nocturnal incidents.

From the infamous Brisbane Executive incident to the unforgettable Roxy Jacenko episode in Sydney, it seems our nation can't resist these tales. Yet, these incidents raise a curious question: what motivates someone to risk such public embarrassment?

compressed-giorgio-trovato-XatMS2NXIpo-unsplash.jpeg
Finding a suitable alternative becomes essential when nature calls, and a bathroom is elusive. Photo by Giorgio Trovato on Unsplash

Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia has delved into the matter, exploring potential factors such as anger, anxiety, a desire to make a statement, intoxication, or even underlying health conditions.

While it's uncertain what motivated the man in Redfern, he may have felt he had no other option. Nonetheless, such actions can have serious legal consequences.

In New South Wales, for instance, such behaviour falls under offensive conduct legislation. If brought before a Local Court magistrate, he could potentially face a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine.

Key Takeaways
  • A Sydney man was caught on dashcam defecating in public on the side of the street in the inner city suburb of Redfern.
  • Australia has seen several incidents of individuals making headlines for their public bowel movements, often known as 'bog bandits’.
  • The footage of the latest incident was shared on a Sydney subreddit and allegedly took place in 2020.
  • In NSW, such an act falls under offensive conduct legislation and can lead to a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine if dealt with by a magistrate in the Local Court.

We all know that nature's call can strike unexpectedly, but it's in our best interest to avoid gaining a reputation as the next ‘bog bandit’ and facing a hefty $660 fine. So, let's be mindful and find a discreet solution when caught in a tricky situation.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the story. How do you feel about the potential consequences and the hefty fine mentioned? We're interested in your perspectives on this light-hearted topic!

Sponsored
Buy a bag of adult nappies and put them in the car. When you need to go put on the nappy and change it like you would if your child needed changing.
By the time you pulled your pants down and underwear it can be too late.

If it was for health reasons as long as he could prove it he should not be fined. People with irritable bowel and other similar health issues can have a sense of urgency without any previous warnings. He has my sympathy.
That applies to me. When the urge strikes, sometimes there simply isn't enough time to try to find a public convenience.

Face & name, should be plastered on every public mens' convenience. He'll need more than $600 to get himself a "new face" at the plastic surgeon's! What low-life bring into this country???
How do you know they weren't born here from descendants of first arrivals? Australia is m ore than capable of raising its own grubby citizens with no need to import them.

People get away with much more serious criminal acts than this! I live rurally & a toilet is usually not too far away but when i visit the city/metro area it can be so hard to find any toilet, let alone one that is open for public use etc & if you are not familiar wit the area it can be really tough, so maybe cut some slack if he wasnt a local!
How often travelling the dirt roads in Outback W.A. I had to 'go' urgently. You would look up and down that long road, not a car in sight, but when you were 'doing it' behind a little scrubby bush you could bet the house on a car or Road Train to appear from nowhere. Leave the poor man alone when you have to go you have to GO!

Made a lot more difficult Johnny with narrow minnded people watching you and photographing even in normal circumstances people staring total strangers men staring at other men they don’t know and woman as we WHY………….. do you know this person No and it’s been proved it’s not nonsense so why"???
I'm sorry, but I've no idea what you are trying to say!

There is a very useful phone app everyone should have. It shows the public toilets near to where you are, and usually the opening times, etc. The app is called "Where is Public Toilet".

I don't give a stuff what people think but i am not going to sit in my car and crap myself, I'll pay the fine.

Reactions: Observer
Too many cynical people with their thoughts and comments without looking at the facts properly and taking things in to consideration. Hope you all get away with it when you get caught out and in desperate need for a toilet

People get away with much more serious criminal acts than this! I live rurally & a toilet is usually not too far away but when i visit the city/metro area it can be so hard to find any toilet, let alone one that is open for public use etc & if you are not familiar wit the area it can be really tough, so maybe cut some slack if he wasnt a local!

Easy solution I have used many times all over the place. Pull out you smart phone and go to Google Maps. Type in 'toilet near me' and you have instant directions to the closest one, and many others.

Reactions: Observer
Ther
A little discretion can go a long way—especially when faced with inconvenient nature calls. Let's delve into the story of a Sydney man who found himself in a rather precarious situation, risking a hefty $660 fine due to his hasty and indiscreet roadside relief!

The incident was captured on a dashcam recording in the inner-city suburb of Redfern. The video shows the man hastily pulling up by the side of the road, displaying a sense of urgency.

View attachment 22090
The unfortunate moment was captured by a nearby dashcam. Source: Reddit

After quickly scanning his surroundings and checking his phone, he assumes an anxious stance. He then walks around the front of his car, taking another cautious look around before returning to the driver's side.

But here comes the unexpected twist! Instead of simply getting back into his vehicle, he utilises the open door as a makeshift privacy screen. Without wasting any time, he squats between the open door and the driver's seat, unabashedly relieving himself on the street.

Once finished, he hurriedly readjusts his attire and makes a swift escape.

Australia has had its fair share of ‘phantom poo-joggers’ capturing headlines over the years, reminding us of bizarre nocturnal incidents.

From the infamous Brisbane Executive incident to the unforgettable Roxy Jacenko episode in Sydney, it seems our nation can't resist these tales. Yet, these incidents raise a curious question: what motivates someone to risk such public embarrassment?

View attachment 22091
Finding a suitable alternative becomes essential when nature calls, and a bathroom is elusive. Photo by Giorgio Trovato on Unsplash

Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia has delved into the matter, exploring potential factors such as anger, anxiety, a desire to make a statement, intoxication, or even underlying health conditions.

While it's uncertain what motivated the man in Redfern, he may have felt he had no other option. Nonetheless, such actions can have serious legal consequences.

In New South Wales, for instance, such behaviour falls under offensive conduct legislation. If brought before a Local Court magistrate, he could potentially face a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney man was caught on dashcam defecating in public on the side of the street in the inner city suburb of Redfern.
  • Australia has seen several incidents of individuals making headlines for their public bowel movements, often known as 'bog bandits’.
  • The footage of the latest incident was shared on a Sydney subreddit and allegedly took place in 2020.
  • In NSW, such an act falls under offensive conduct legislation and can lead to a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine if dealt with by a magistrate in the Local Court.

We all know that nature's call can strike unexpectedly, but it's in our best interest to avoid gaining a reputation as the next ‘bog bandit’ and facing a hefty $660 fine. So, let's be mindful and find a discreet solution when caught in a tricky situation.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the story. How do you feel about the potential consequences and the hefty fine mentioned? We're interested in your perspectives on this light-hearted topic!
There is an app in WA that shows you were the nearest toilets are. So if you tend to get caught short like many seniors can recommend.