Aussie driver's dirty deed could cost them a whopping $660 fine! Don't make the same mistake!

A little discretion can go a long way—especially when faced with inconvenient nature calls. Let's delve into the story of a Sydney man who found himself in a rather precarious situation, risking a hefty $660 fine due to his hasty and indiscreet roadside relief!

The incident was captured on a dashcam recording in the inner-city suburb of Redfern. The video shows the man hastily pulling up by the side of the road, displaying a sense of urgency.

compressed-screenshot.jpeg
The unfortunate moment was captured by a nearby dashcam. Source: Reddit

After quickly scanning his surroundings and checking his phone, he assumes an anxious stance. He then walks around the front of his car, taking another cautious look around before returning to the driver's side.

But here comes the unexpected twist! Instead of simply getting back into his vehicle, he utilises the open door as a makeshift privacy screen. Without wasting any time, he squats between the open door and the driver's seat, unabashedly relieving himself on the street.

Once finished, he hurriedly readjusts his attire and makes a swift escape.

Australia has had its fair share of ‘phantom poo-joggers’ capturing headlines over the years, reminding us of bizarre nocturnal incidents.

From the infamous Brisbane Executive incident to the unforgettable Roxy Jacenko episode in Sydney, it seems our nation can't resist these tales. Yet, these incidents raise a curious question: what motivates someone to risk such public embarrassment?

compressed-giorgio-trovato-XatMS2NXIpo-unsplash.jpeg
Finding a suitable alternative becomes essential when nature calls, and a bathroom is elusive. Photo by Giorgio Trovato on Unsplash

Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia has delved into the matter, exploring potential factors such as anger, anxiety, a desire to make a statement, intoxication, or even underlying health conditions.

While it's uncertain what motivated the man in Redfern, he may have felt he had no other option. Nonetheless, such actions can have serious legal consequences.

In New South Wales, for instance, such behaviour falls under offensive conduct legislation. If brought before a Local Court magistrate, he could potentially face a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine.

Key Takeaways
  • A Sydney man was caught on dashcam defecating in public on the side of the street in the inner city suburb of Redfern.
  • Australia has seen several incidents of individuals making headlines for their public bowel movements, often known as 'bog bandits’.
  • The footage of the latest incident was shared on a Sydney subreddit and allegedly took place in 2020.
  • In NSW, such an act falls under offensive conduct legislation and can lead to a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine if dealt with by a magistrate in the Local Court.

We all know that nature's call can strike unexpectedly, but it's in our best interest to avoid gaining a reputation as the next ‘bog bandit’ and facing a hefty $660 fine. So, let's be mindful and find a discreet solution when caught in a tricky situation.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the story. How do you feel about the potential consequences and the hefty fine mentioned? We're interested in your perspectives on this light-hearted topic!

Sponsored
I head for a Macca's and use their facilities. Another disgusting episode I witnessed was a man urinating in the flower bed at a pub carpark - why the hell didn't he just go a use their toilets?
I can witness that every weekend in the oval behind where I live and what's even worse is MOTHERS encouraging their sons to do the same. The toilets are not more than 3 meters away!

It does not appear to be a busy area with all the trees about. Also, no person appears in the photo. I would not approve of what he did but when nature calls what choice does one have?
He could clean it up

Oh dear.
One would have to know the reasoning before casting the first stone.
Looking at things objectively, sometimes people get to the point of desperation and it's either making a mess on your seat, or going with the only other choice. There is also the factor of toughing it out whilst not concentrating on the road and possibly driving in an erratic manner.
I think back to the time a friend of mine went to China for business some years ago. He said the rail system was pretty good, but on the majority of suburban train stations there were no public toilets available. Many a time he would be sitting in his seat only to witness a person outside his window crouching where they stood to do what they had to do. Nobody paid any attention or take anyone to task. It would be fair to assume this didn't rate a mention on social media either.
It's all too easy to judge the actions of others. I do hope I am never placed in a situation where a choice like this has to be made.
I reckon the bloke in this footage felt bad enough as it was before social media got hold of him.

A little discretion can go a long way—especially when faced with inconvenient nature calls. Let's delve into the story of a Sydney man who found himself in a rather precarious situation, risking a hefty $660 fine due to his hasty and indiscreet roadside relief!

The incident was captured on a dashcam recording in the inner-city suburb of Redfern. The video shows the man hastily pulling up by the side of the road, displaying a sense of urgency.

View attachment 22090

After quickly scanning his surroundings and checking his phone, he assumes an anxious stance. He then walks around the front of his car, taking another cautious look around before returning to the driver's side.

But here comes the unexpected twist! Instead of simply getting back into his vehicle, he utilises the open door as a makeshift privacy screen. Without wasting any time, he squats between the open door and the driver's seat, unabashedly relieving himself on the street.

Australia has had its fair share of ‘phantom poo-joggers’ capturing headlines over the years, reminding us of bizarre nocturnal incidents.

From the infamous Brisbane Executive incident to the unforgettable Roxy Jacenko episode in Sydney, it seems our nation can't resist these tales. Yet, these incidents raise a curious question: what motivates someone to risk such public embarrassment?

View attachment 22091
Finding a suitable alternative becomes essential when nature calls, and a bathroom is elusive. Photo by Giorgio Trovato on Unsplash

Criminal Defence Lawyers Australia has delved into the matter, exploring potential factors such as anger, anxiety, a desire to make a statement, intoxication, or even underlying health conditions.

While it's uncertain what motivated the man in Redfern, he may have felt he had no other option. Nonetheless, such actions can have serious legal consequences.

In New South Wales, for instance, such behaviour falls under offensive conduct legislation. If brought before a Local Court magistrate, he could potentially face a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney man was caught on dashcam defecating in public on the side of the street in the inner city suburb of Redfern.
  • Australia has seen several incidents of individuals making headlines for their public bowel movements, often known as 'bog bandits’.
  • The footage of the latest incident was shared on a Sydney subreddit and allegedly took place in 2020.
  • In NSW, such an act falls under offensive conduct legislation and can lead to a maximum penalty of three months imprisonment and/or a $660 fine if dealt with by a magistrate in the Local Court.

We all know that nature's call can strike unexpectedly, but it's in our best interest to avoid gaining a reputation as the next ‘bog bandit’ and facing a hefty $660 fine. So, let's be mindful and find a discreet solution when caught in a tricky situation.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the story. How do you feel about the potential consequences and the hefty fine mentioned? We're interested in your perspectives on this light-hearted topic!
I have ONCE had to relieve myself, but fortunately, only urine.
I was being driven home to a regional town in MidWest, from a procedure in Perth.
We pulled into a side, dirt road and I relieved myself, between front and back doors, and put the used tissues, in a plastic bag. I can't imagine this guy's situation.

Really if it was just dash-cam footage how would you know and after all he looked around saw No on coming cars or people maybe Theresa T name on photo shots has a boring life like it’s not unusual to see a person maybe come out from around a bush ,tree ect they may have had a reason but so what really isn’t it topic for the next friends night out or lunch some people sadly have bad inconvenience heard of it maybe if you get it you will remember this day

Reactions: Beeno & Deb
You would have assuming no one was in the car with the dash cam, otherwise why wouldn't you toot the horn (& live dangerously with the fear of a fine for tooting in a non emergency) just to watch the resulting panic on his face and potential soiling of his legs & pants. hehehehe

Having been caught in a somewhat similar circumstance, what do you do? Stranger in a strange area, no idea where shops, toilets or parks are: stomach gurgling and rumbling; pressure building rapidly.
If it not habitual or an attempt at public exposure - how about a bit of understanding. It could well be you one day, especially as we are not getting any younger.

But Alan you would have to be in the car with the dash cam to pick it out and remember this guy looked around to check all quiet also does a dash cam do screen shots and edit out the number plates no someone had to be there
Having been caught in a somewhat similar circumstance, what do you do? Stranger in a strange area, no idea where shops, toilets or parks are: stomach gurgling and rumbling; pressure building rapidly.
If it not habitual or an attempt at public exposure - how about a bit of understanding. It could well be you one day, especially as we are not getting any younger.
hi tony you have it wrong I’m with you I actually sympathise with the man at his car Peony no we’re to go and so what. Theresa T is the one filming and posting this in the beginning she has to much time on her hands I truly feel sorry for the man maybe it’s a medical issues. What is infuriating is people like this Theresa T posting the pictures and glaring at someone sadly a bit unfortunate can’t she just ignore and move on most would not even notice but obviously not tony I’ve been there to as some one said there is always someone watching yes but why but no answer but if I was taking a leak near my car it’s on social men the next day Now WHY

View attachment 22090

View attachment 22091

Key Takeaways

He could have gone to Maccas or a similar place where they clean the loos regularly. unlike the council's public loos (don't know about other areas, but mine is pretty slack) which often are not too clean. The Dump Droppers are disgusting!

Maybe he should have scooped it like the dog walkers have to for the dogs.

Reactions: Ezzy
Hopefully, he cleaned up afterward, if not then it is a disgusting act and the book should be thrown at him together with a bog roll.
I have my doubts about cleaning up. The story said he merely pulled up his pants & made a hasty retreat. Just hope nobody put their foot in it or drove through this mess. Yak!

Reactions: Mr Chips
My first thoughts were hungry jacks, Macca's, shopping centres, pubs or perhaps a building site. This sort of action is inappropriate in our civilized world. A bucket was suggested or something like a doggie poop bag. Would have been ideal if he had a large plastic bag which he emptied his contents into after which he could pick up the bag & dispose of it & the contents. Hate to be doing his laundry or standing next to him in public. Nothing but an animal like action.

View attachment 22090

View attachment 22091

Key Takeaways

Diverticulitis or Krohns disease can cause this type of urgency and if there are no public toilets available what choice would He have, it is that urgent and that serious.

And the saga continues definition to discretion how about mind your own business move on why are you so concerned about others actions stop staring

Reactions: Observer

View attachment 22090

View attachment 22091

Key Takeaways

Face & name, should be plastered on every public mens' convenience. He'll need more than $600 to get himself a "new face" at the plastic surgeon's! What low-life bring into this country???

Reactions: Ezzy

View attachment 22090

View attachment 22091

Key Takeaways

Buy a bag of adult nappies and put them in the car. When you need to go put on the nappy and change it like you would if your child needed changing.

Reactions: Robbo3006
Buy a bag of adult nappies and put them in the car. When you need to go put on the nappy and change it like you would if your child needed changing.
Yeah, I agree. Do it in public so someone else can take a cam shot of you in your nakedness :)

View attachment 22090

View attachment 22091

Key Takeaways

If it was for health reasons as long as he could prove it he should not be fined. People with irritable bowel and other similar health issues can have a sense of urgency without any previous warnings. He has my sympathy.

Reactions: Observer