Aussie Couple Receives Note about Their Crying Baby. You Won't Believe What It Says!

Caring neighbours are a blessing whether you're young or old, but for new parents they really can make all the difference. Unfortunately, not all neighbours are as understanding or accommodating as we'd like, so it's always such a pleasant surprise when we find a decent and considerate neighbour like the one Western Australia mother, Amy Marks, found.

It wasn't long ago that Marks was still learning the ropes of motherhood. With a newborn and a 21-month-old son ‘in her hands’ it’s no surprise her household was often filled with the sound of a crying baby.

But just when she was getting anxious about keeping the neighbours awake, a very special surprise with a note outside her door made her day: 'Hey, we are your neighbours from behind you,' the note read, 'We have heard your little bub crying a few times and thought we would drop off some nappies and wipes as we know how tough the early days are! We hope this brightens your day.'

Screenshot 2023-11-20 121931.png
A thoughtful and caring neighbour indeed! We need more of their kind! Image: Facebook.

Marks posted a photo of the gesture on social media and said that their baby is quite restless and 'often doesn't settle until 10pm'.

'We were worried about keeping the neighbours awake but it’s warming to know that some people understand the nighttime struggle,' she said.

Marks also shared that a lot of parents have it harder than she does, so the thoughtful gesture of her neighbours was greatly appreciated.

Indeed, a number of other Aussie parents took to social media to express their pleasant surprise at the heartening gesture.

'More people should be neighbours like this,' one person commented. 'Gifts and understanding, what more can you ask for?' another said. 'What wonderful neighbours to have. That brought tears to my eyes,' a third wrote.

As it turns out, the Marks' experience wasn't a unique case either. Many other mothers shared their own experiences with compassionate neighbours:

'50 years ago, my baby daughter was born in a small Central Queensland town,' one commenter wrote. 'I was coping reasonably well but we had a prolonged period of wet weather and I really struggled to get nappies dry. Suddenly a neighbour from across the road appeared at my door with a pile of dry, folded nappies. Her five children were all well past the nappy stage but she still had them stored away. What an angel. I had never been so grateful in my life before and not since either.'

parents-holding-smiling-baby_23-2148354824.jpg
Babies just need time, attention and a little bit of extra love to make their day brighter! Image: Freepik.

Another said: 'I had a lovely neighbour who used to come hold and cuddle my twins while we chatted and it helped me get a few things done.'

Acts of kindness, such as the one demonstrated by this Aussie couple's neighbours, are not only endearing but also deeply rooted in human psychology. When understanding why people perform acts of kindness, it is essential to recognise the underlying principles of empathy, compassion, and altruism, which drive human beings to help others.

Empathy is the innate ability to understand and share the feelings of others, often spurring us to alleviate someone's discomfort or stress.

While compassion is an emotional response that goes a step further, sensing not just one’s difficulties but wishing to alleviate it.

Lastly, altruism or selfless concern for the well-being of others plays a significant role in acts of kindness. Altruistic actions often come with no expectation of reciprocation or reward. They are fuelled by the simple joy of giving and making others' lives a bit easier.

Studies have also shown that these altruistic behaviours can significantly boost the mood of the helper or 'giver', often referred to as a ‘helper's high’. Acts of kindness activate the region in your brain associated with pleasure, social connection, and trust. So, not only does it make the receiver's life better, but it can also positively impact the mental health of the giver.

Hence, the psychology behind acts of kindness is fascinating. It proves that not only do they make our neighbourhoods friendlier and more supportive, but they contribute to individual happiness as well. It's, indeed, a win-win situation for everyone involved! Let's not underestimate the power of a kind act and propagate this cycle of positivity.

Key Takeaways
  • A Western Australia mother shared the kind gesture her neighbours made responding to her baby's crying.
  • The neighbours had left a note along with baby supplies, expressing their understanding and hope to brighten her day.
  • Many Australians have expressed their appreciation for this display of kindness and understanding towards new parents.
  • This gesture prompted other mothers to share their own experiences with considerate neighbours.

It is heartwarming to see such compassionate stories being shared. After all, parenthood can be challenging at times, so it's amazing to see a community come together to support one another. Let's make sure we all do our part to keep each other and our neighbourhood safe and friendly!

You may want to pay it forward and show a little kindness to anyone that resides near you – they sure will appreciate it! Do you have some stories like these acts of kindness? Share some in the comments below!

Sponsored
Caring neighbours are a blessing whether you're young or old, but for new parents they really can make all the difference. Unfortunately, not all neighbours are as understanding or accommodating as we'd like, so it's always such a pleasant surprise when we find a decent and considerate neighbour like the one Western Australia mother, Amy Marks, found.

It wasn't long ago that Marks was still learning the ropes of motherhood. With a newborn and a 21-month-old son ‘in her hands’ it’s no surprise her household was often filled with the sound of a crying baby.

But just when she was getting anxious about keeping the neighbours awake, a very special surprise with a note outside her door made her day: 'Hey, we are your neighbours from behind you,' the note read, 'We have heard your little bub crying a few times and thought we would drop off some nappies and wipes as we know how tough the early days are! We hope this brightens your day.'

View attachment 35241
A thoughtful and caring neighbour indeed! We need more of their kind! Image: Facebook.

Marks posted a photo of the gesture on social media and said that their baby is quite restless and 'often doesn't settle until 10pm'.

'We were worried about keeping the neighbours awake but it’s warming to know that some people understand the nighttime struggle,' she said.

Marks also shared that a lot of parents have it harder than she does, so the thoughtful gesture of her neighbours was greatly appreciated.

Indeed, a number of other Aussie parents took to social media to express their pleasant surprise at the heartening gesture.

'More people should be neighbours like this,' one person commented. 'Gifts and understanding, what more can you ask for?' another said. 'What wonderful neighbours to have. That brought tears to my eyes,' a third wrote.

As it turns out, the Marks' experience wasn't a unique case either. Many other mothers shared their own experiences with compassionate neighbours:

'50 years ago, my baby daughter was born in a small Central Queensland town,' one commenter wrote. 'I was coping reasonably well but we had a prolonged period of wet weather and I really struggled to get nappies dry. Suddenly a neighbour from across the road appeared at my door with a pile of dry, folded nappies. Her five children were all well past the nappy stage but she still had them stored away. What an angel. I had never been so grateful in my life before and not since either.'

View attachment 35242
Babies just need time, attention and a little bit of extra love to make their day brighter! Image: Freepik.

Another said: 'I had a lovely neighbour who used to come hold and cuddle my twins while we chatted and it helped me get a few things done.'

Acts of kindness, such as the one demonstrated by this Aussie couple's neighbours, are not only endearing but also deeply rooted in human psychology. When understanding why people perform acts of kindness, it is essential to recognise the underlying principles of empathy, compassion, and altruism, which drive human beings to help others.

Empathy is the innate ability to understand and share the feelings of others, often spurring us to alleviate someone's discomfort or stress.

While compassion is an emotional response that goes a step further, sensing not just one’s difficulties but wishing to alleviate it.

Lastly, altruism or selfless concern for the well-being of others plays a significant role in acts of kindness. Altruistic actions often come with no expectation of reciprocation or reward. They are fuelled by the simple joy of giving and making others' lives a bit easier.

Studies have also shown that these altruistic behaviours can significantly boost the mood of the helper or 'giver', often referred to as a ‘helper's high’. Acts of kindness activate the region in your brain associated with pleasure, social connection, and trust. So, not only does it make the receiver's life better, but it can also positively impact the mental health of the giver.

Hence, the psychology behind acts of kindness is fascinating. It proves that not only do they make our neighbourhoods friendlier and more supportive, but they contribute to individual happiness as well. It's, indeed, a win-win situation for everyone involved! Let's not underestimate the power of a kind act and propagate this cycle of positivity.

Key Takeaways

• A Western Australia mother shared the kind gesture her neighbours made responding to her baby's crying.
  • The neighbours had left a note along with baby supplies, expressing their understanding and hope to brighten her day.
  • Many Australians have expressed their appreciation for this display of kindness and understanding towards new parents.
  • This gesture prompted other mothers to share their own experiences with considerate neighbours.

It is heartwarming to see such compassionate stories being shared. After all, parenthood can be challenging at times, so it's amazing to see a community come together to support one another. Let's make sure we all do our part to keep each other and our neighbourhood safe and friendly!

You may want to pay it forward and show a little kindness to anyone that resides near you – they sure will appreciate it! Do you have some stories like these acts of kindness? Share some in the comments below!

Reactions: PattiB and Useless
What I always did was when my neighbours had babies or were sick I would make a lasagne or casserole and take into them . I did this for maybe 6 neighbours. My next door neighbour was an alcoholic and always sick , he had diabetes , nearly every night we took in a plate of food cooking for 15 people one more plate wasn't anything

All these neighbours have either moved or passed away .

My neighbour 3 doors down lost his wife unexpectedly end of September she was 43 with 3 kids. Hubby took them a tray of lasagne. I would have continued making food but I know both their families are taking food

Every now and then I bake and give cakes and biscuits to my new neighbour next door and the only remaining old neighbour directly behind me.

Just a little thing like this shows others that you care.

I had great neighbours. Years ago when I went into labour, we woke our neighbour at 1.30am. We didn’t have family around, so she came over and stayed with my 2 year old daughter, while my husband and I went to hospital to have our son. A wonderful lady. I hope she is enjoying heaven!

View attachment 35241

View attachment 35242

Key Takeaways

I went down a couple of houses as I could always hear the child screaming . It was a young lady with profound disabilities . I backed ver good friends with the family and often helped her mum during the week . This gave mum time to do other chores or go to the shop . After a year or so I was awarded a neighbour of the year award and on Australia Day given the award by the then premier of Qld . I never expected anything for helping but this was amazing

It is gestures like this make you appreciate to what ends people go to make a strangers life a little bit better,but with people today some may feel that it is easier not to get involved which is a sad situation in today’s world.i hope we all do one thing a day to make life easier .😊😊

We had amazing neighbours of 44 years where our kids grew up. We moved interstate but stayed close friends. Our kids, now adults are our extended family. After hubby passed at an early age the neighbour very much became a father figure to my kids to this day. Sadly his wife passed 2 years ago. Our other neighbour always checks in on him, cooked meals for him and I always caught up with him when interstate. Sadly a week before xmas the other neighbour could not get a response at the door from him nor answer his phone. After checking with his children if they had spoken recently, it was decided to call police for a welfare check. As suspected, sadly he had suddenly passed away in the home. If not for the good neighbour he may not have been discovered for days. So thankyou to her and all good neighbours. RIP Andy.

It was on this mornings news of a young man who ran into a neighbours home and pulled her out after a firecracker went into her house.

His comment was ' I just did what anyone else would do'

What he did, what the neighbour in the post did, what everyone all the neighbours in this post did is what we say is The Very Australian Thing to do.

In a recent post someone commented if I here un Australian or Australian again !!!

Well this one's very Australian and I hope you read this one.

My new neighbour has a new baby. I was going to take them a bowl of fresh blueberries that I picked, however they weren't home. Not sure which country they are from, but probably went home for the Christmas/New Year, so will catch up when they return.

My new neighbour has a new baby. I was going to take them a bowl of fresh blueberries that I picked, however they weren't home. Not sure which country they are from, but probably went home for the Christmas/New Year, so will catch up when they return.
How thoughtful @Penny4! Giving them a true taste of the kind Aussie spirit!

So much emphasis is placed on the bad side of things by media and social pages. Sad but true.
There are wonderful people out there who wear their heart on their sleeves and expect nothing in return.
The generosity of spirit and caring acts demonstrated on this post serve to prove the point.
As well as kind and supportive neighbours, think about the thousands of volunteers out there who give of themselves every day.
We only need to open our hearts and minds to the goodness out there amongst all the painful life experiences and events. Gives me hope for the generations to come.

I have always helped out neighbours, from new mums to an older couple where the wife had dementia and her hubby was trying to look after her at home. I cooked them a meal or made a salad everyday until she went into care. I would twice a week sit with her for a few hours so hubby had time to shop or garden or whatever he needed to do. At the time I had 2 young kids and worked 3 nights a week at a hospital. My hubby helped out by minding our kids if he needed to, they were both at school then. My hubby helped by mowing and doing odd jobs for them. After the wife was placed in care we continued helping the hubby until he moved to live with one of his sons. They were such a wonderful old couple. Now where we live most of our neighbours are like us, older with no kids at home anymore. We all help each other by feeding pets, keeping an eye on houses when people are away, making sure bins are put out and brought in. We grow veggies and fruit and give excess to our neighbours, I often make gramma pies, mulberry pies, rhubarb and apple pies, scones etc and make extra for some of our neighbours depending on their likes. One lot of younger neighbours who had 2 toddlers who loved to come pick flowers, watch our fish, play with the cat, moved away last year. We get letters and drawings from the kids a few times a year even though they can’t write properly yet. It is so special. We write and send cards to them as well. The grandmother has called to see us since they left to thank us for everything we did for them and told us the kids still talk about us and our pets, garden etc. the grandparents have also moved away now and we have an open invitation to visit and stay with both families if we visit the town they live in. We hope to visit them this year. It is so easy to be considerate to other people, especially your neighbours, as none of us ever know when we might need to call on them for assistance. We are lucky to have lived in smaller towns where it is easy to get to know our neighbours and other residents, I’m not sure it would be as easy living in the big cities.

Reactions: Ezzy