Aussie couple left with gruesome doorstep discovery

While most of us have heard of peculiar things being left on doorsteps–from misdelivered parcels to the occasional pizza flyer–a story from South Australia is one of the more disturbing ones we’ve come across.

A couple enjoying the tranquillity of a quiet suburban life in Murray Bridge experienced an incident that shocked them to the core.

Instead of a Sunday edition newspaper or a blooming pot plant waiting for them outside…the couple found a severed horse head laid at their doorstep.

Photo_20230830_145334_0000.png
A severed horse head was found on the doorstep of a couple in South Australia. Image source: 7News / The Advertiser.

One neighbour reacted to the shocking discovery by saying, 'I hope they get the b******s that done it.'

The disbelief echoed as another local dweller voiced his astonishment and said: 'I’m shocked to think that’s happened here.'

The police were immediately summoned to the scene, and a police spokesperson confirmed and explained the situation: 'Murray Bridge Police are investigating after an animal head was found at a Murray Bridge address last night.'

'Police have yet to locate the outstanding remains of the animal.'

For those with valuable tip-offs, the South Australian police encourages contacting them or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

This incident is not an isolated occurrence in a series of malicious acts towards animals. Far North Queensland's wildlife authorities are grappling with an equally disturbing case. The death of a crocodile discovered in Townville's Ross River is believed to be caused by a grotesque 'poaching' device.

This formidable 2.6-metre beast is thought to have fallen prey to cold-blooded poachers who targeted it in the mangroves.

'Disturbingly, wildlife officers found a large hook attached to the wired rope, and they believe the hook was baited in a deliberate attempt to target and kill the crocodile,' a local official remarked.

Australia possesses a robust series of state and territory laws aimed to tackle animal abuse head-on, to deter those contemplating such grisly deeds, or punish those who've succumbed to the temptation.

For instance, in South Australia, where our horse head debacle unfolded, those found guilty of 'serious animal cruelty' can face imprisonment for up to four years or a hefty fine of up to $50,000 under the Animal Welfare Act 1985. For wildlife like the ill-fated crocodile in Queensland, the Nature Conservation Act 1992 posits strict penalties for illegal poaching.

In the past, animal cruelty was viewed as property damage, a far cry from today’s understanding of animals as sentient beings deserving of care and respect.
Key Takeaways

• A South Australian couple were shocked to discover a severed horse head on their doorstep.
  • The incident occurred in the normally quiet Carsten Drive in Murray Bridge, prompting a police investigation.
  • Police are yet to locate the outstanding remains of the animal, and anyone with information is being urged to contact police or Crime Stoppers.
  • This act is part of an alarming trend of cruel animal incidents, including a recent case in Queensland where a crocodile was killed with a suspected 'poaching' device.
Readers, remember that if you encounter information or incidents like these, please notify the authorities immediately. Together, we can create a safer environment for our diverse wildlife, pets, and even ourselves.

What are your thoughts on this disturbing story, members? Has anything similar occurred in your area? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Ive just read through some of the answers below in regards to the very disturbing story about the horse's head being found on the doorstep of a home. I've read some of the comments from one or two people that appear to find this story amusing and are cracking jokes about it and then when people comment about their " not funny at all reply" these people are having a go at them telling them to " oh lighten up will you" or " oh C'mon will you,I was only trying to make a joke " . Well,I would like to say to those people that find this atrocity at all funny that you are not any one I would have any interest in of ever engaging with again in this forum on any subject. And before you think to send an answer back to me telling me " to lighten up" or " C'mon I was only joking" or " where's your sense of humour" DONT bother, because I will NOT respond. I am terribly upset in reading what happened to that beautiful animal and absolutely astounded and disappointed in reading some of the replys from my fellow humans but NOT surprised. And to the people that did find that sad story funny in any way,I leave you with this. Psychopaths usually start by hurting animals before they move on to humans.🤔
You are talking about me. That's fine, I've got a thicker skin than most.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm my own harshest critic.

That is the most disgusting answer given. You should be ashamed of yourself, animal hater!
Hey Pommyoz,
Don't let that imbecile upset you. He sounds like an absolute moron. And hey Pommyoz,you know what,no wonder he's using the name Littleboy. Comes with a little brain.!!!!!!😀😄😆 Or maybe another part of his anatomy is "little" 😄😆🤣😉

Hey Pommyoz,
Don't let that imbecile upset you. He sounds like an absolute moron. And hey Pommyoz,you know what,no wonder he's using the name Littleboy. Comes with a little brain.!!!!!!😀😄😆 Or maybe another part of his anatomy is "little" 😄😆🤣😉
Here we go! An internet slanging match with barbed posts at 10 paces. Or should that be handbags?