Aussie chef blown away by Coles’ new ‘basket on wheels’

Supermarket giants are always coming out with new ways to make our shopping experience more convenient (and hopefully, more bargains to save us a bit of money as well).

We’ve seen everything from self-checkouts and online grocery stores with delivery services to the popular ‘Click & Collect’ feature.

The latest addition to Coles' repertoire seems to be a 'basket on wheels', which was spotted by Instagram famous chef from Sydney, Nagi Maehashi.

In a recent post, she explained that she was impressed with the new ‘wheely baskets’ at her local Coles. Nagi can be seen pushing the trolley around the store easily.

‘This is not a joke. I was seriously so impressed with the wheely baskets that I took the video and sent it to a friend, praising @colessupermarkets for this innovation.’ she wrote.

Seems promising, eh? Unfortunately, a little while later, Nagi realised she was pushing around the store’s basket rack, mistaking it for a new trolley as she stumbled across the last basket in the stack.

TNulsKTGwXyuEPoYbfR2YFlKHTnF4KqS7ZwOhSaZOpwngGh76VddKCg6tWzgoXoLY4IBvymHrODiijvjIH7ZUX6zY_Z89dCG6_1MwqVJp3nvH_AiNPVgSmx4ruuMSDUtjViYDoEhDp1NLilDB6mmBYMTIoXn64xjfw3Zr7CCSI5VhtpTnbXyjl-7Tw
2yV82SgqIVZItIU6AQEDd557FiDagZpAw5JT3Kb8rEu8XuIgke29_RbV0A55WXcLhEFPlT91eM9d2lmVlnBSHMboPVP1Uf-zTNuuyYCXBw92OqFdNM0rSRQeQTtachWyDtDaMsB6-hIUrdkSF8F509w2xGykYwNPPgNirL5lz6mPG9_a2qNcKzC_cA

Oopsie daisy! That doesn't look right... Source: @recipe_tin

‘I was so impressed with Coles’ new wheely baskets. Turns out it wasn’t!’

Thousands found the chef’s silly mix-up hilarious and reassured Nagi that she wasn’t the first person to commit the blunder.

‘I worked at Coles and this used to happen all the time.’ a user who claimed to be a former supermarket employee commented.

‘I actually laughed out loud!’ another said, alongside several laughing emojis.

‘This is so funny. You need to sell this idea to them!’ a third suggested, while a fourth said: ‘Oh, Nagi… I can’t stop laughing.’

Coles’ official Instagram account also left a comment, teasing: ‘Wheely easy mistake to make!’

To which one more responded: ‘Well played, Coles.’

What are your thoughts about Nagi’s hilarious mix-up? Are you guilty of doing it too? Share your funny supermarket moments with us in the comments!

Watch the full Instagram video below:

Source: @recipe_tin

Sponsored
Tested my patience when I worked for this mob. When there are only one of them at a register, how can you mistake them for a wheeled basket? These were often taken on purpose by customers who did not want to carry their basket.

Reactions: Ricci
Supermarket giants are always coming out with new ways to make our shopping experience more convenient (and hopefully, more bargains to save us a bit of money as well).

We’ve seen everything from self-checkouts and online grocery stores with delivery services to the popular ‘Click & Collect’ feature.

The latest addition to Coles' repertoire seems to be a 'basket on wheels', which was spotted by Instagram famous chef from Sydney, Nagi Maehashi.

In a recent post, she explained that she was impressed with the new ‘wheely baskets’ at her local Coles. Nagi can be seen pushing the trolley around the store easily.

‘This is not a joke. I was seriously so impressed with the wheely baskets that I took the video and sent it to a friend, praising @colessupermarkets for this innovation.’ she wrote.

Seems promising, eh? Unfortunately, a little while later, Nagi realised she was pushing around the store’s basket rack, mistaking it for a new trolley as she stumbled across the last basket in the stack.

TNulsKTGwXyuEPoYbfR2YFlKHTnF4KqS7ZwOhSaZOpwngGh76VddKCg6tWzgoXoLY4IBvymHrODiijvjIH7ZUX6zY_Z89dCG6_1MwqVJp3nvH_AiNPVgSmx4ruuMSDUtjViYDoEhDp1NLilDB6mmBYMTIoXn64xjfw3Zr7CCSI5VhtpTnbXyjl-7Tw
2yV82SgqIVZItIU6AQEDd557FiDagZpAw5JT3Kb8rEu8XuIgke29_RbV0A55WXcLhEFPlT91eM9d2lmVlnBSHMboPVP1Uf-zTNuuyYCXBw92OqFdNM0rSRQeQTtachWyDtDaMsB6-hIUrdkSF8F509w2xGykYwNPPgNirL5lz6mPG9_a2qNcKzC_cA

Thousands found the chef’s silly mix-up hilarious and reassured Nagi that she wasn’t the first person to commit the blunder.

‘I worked at Coles and this used to happen all the time.’ a user who claimed to be a former supermarket employee commented.

‘This is so funny. You need to sell this idea to them!’ a third suggested, while a fourth said: ‘Oh, Nagi… I can’t stop laughing.’

Coles’ official Instagram account also left a comment, teasing: ‘Wheely easy mistake to make!’

What are your thoughts about Nagi’s hilarious mix-up? Are you guilty of doing it too? Share your funny supermarket moments with us in the comments!

😆 OMG….no way would I admit to (let alone post on social media), that I had made such a dumb mistake!! Wow 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci

Silly sausage 😆

Reactions: Thecla