Are you guilty of making this trolley mistake at ALDI? ‘Honestly never thought of this’

Whether it’s for a full grocery shop or a quick grab of essentials, ALDI is a popular pick for many Australians. So, if you regularly shop at ALDI, you’re probably familiar with their trolley system.

However, one customer raised a lesser-known ALDI trolley issue and it’s caused shoppers to quickly re-examine how they are using the trolleys – as it could be directly impacting other customers.

From filling sippy cups to carrying toddlers and making sure they’re safe while the family is out and about, being a parent is one of the hardest (but most rewarding) jobs in the world.

That’s why when one mum put out a desperate plea to other ALDI shoppers on a popular Facebook page, she was met with an intensely supportive reaction.

In her post, the mother asked customers who shop at the supermarket to show more care when returning their ALDI trolley to the allocated bays.

trolley.jpg
One mum posted a desperate plea to other ALDI shoppers on a popular Facebook group. Credit: emirkhan bal/Pexels

As many of you are probably familiar with, ALDI trolleys operate using a coin system. To gain access to a trolley, customers must insert a gold coin or store token. Once customers have finished shopping, they must return their trolleys to the designated bays and attach them to another cart in order to receive their gold coin or trolley token back.

This system incentivises shoppers to return their trolleys to the designated bays, however, the coins do get jammed in the slots at times – making it a frustrating experience for customers. You can read one shopper’s complaint about this here.

But what does this have to do with the mum’s plea? Well, unfortunately, many customers do not return the trolleys to the correct bays, resulting in some pretty frustrating experiences for those with small children. It’s something many shoppers have probably never even realised!

As the mum pointed out, when standard trolleys are placed in front of baby-friendly carts, it can be very tough for already-tired parents to access them.

‘Just a note to those of you without babies,’ she wrote in her post.

trolley2.jpg
The mum asked other people not to place standard trolleys with baby carrier trolleys. Credit: Facebook

‘When returning your trolley, please walk the extra two metres and return your trolley to the trolley bay that doesn’t have the baby seats attached to them,’ she shared.

The mum explained further: ‘By putting your trolley behind the baby seat trolleys, it means that parents who have little ones that need those baby seats can no longer access them without removing all the ones in the way first - which isn’t easy when you’re also holding a baby.’

She clarified that what she shared wasn’t meant to be a ‘nasty post’, but just something to make people realise that what they are doing when trying to save a few seconds inconveniences others.

Thousands of Facebook users flocked to the comments and shared their reactions to the post. Many agreed with the mum’s point of view and described their own experiences as well.

‘Yes! Juggling a toddler and a newborn currently and this is so frustrating! Please be considerate of those sleep-deprived parents,’ one said.

Another shared: ‘I’ve literally had to go home without doing my shopping because of this exact reason as there was no way I could carry my baby and all my groceries without access to these trolleys.’

While a third wrote that carrying a baby in one arm, plus their bags, and holding their other toddler’s hand in the other makes it difficult for them to access the right shopping carts.

‘It is pure laziness on their part! The baby/bags/coin juggle struggle is real!’

Someone else declared, and another explained that parents already have ‘enough on their hands’ without having to juggle kids and a trolley at the same time.

‘Common courtesy, people,’ they added.

Others agreed that this was a timely message for any supermarket shopper to read.

‘Thanks for showing me this. I’ll be sure not to put a regular trolley in front of a baby seat one,’ one explained. She added that she would have never even thought about this, and appreciated the reminder as she is now a mum.

‘And if you see a parent struggling to get the baby trolley out, take 10 seconds out of your day to help,’ someone suggested.

A second agreed and said that despite having two kids, she never thought about this issue. ‘And 100 per cent sure I have been guilty of it,’ she added.
Key Takeaways
  • An ALDI customer has asked shoppers to be considerate when returning trolleys, especially when it comes to trolleys with baby seats.
  • The mother said when standard trolleys are placed with baby-friendly carts, it can cause difficulties for shoppers with children.
  • Thousands of Facebook users reacted to the post, with many agreeing with her point of view.
  • Others said it was a timely message for any supermarket shopper to read, suggesting that people should offer to help a parent if they are struggling with a trolley and a baby.
Have you ever thought about this trolley ‘issue’, members? Tell us about it in the comments below!

Sponsored
Let alone the Aldi problems -- why can't the stoobidhead dumbsh*ts who wheel the different-sized trolleys around at Woolies (let's say) park them in the right fashion when they've finished with them? Smaller ones shoild go into smaller ones, bigger ones get parked with bigger ones, they all go with the small end pushed into the large side and, most importantly, they all should go in STRAIGHT, not thrown willy-nilly sideways in the bay. Goddlemighty, you'd think it was rocket science, not straightforward common sense or manners. But those two qualities are sadly lacking these days.

The comment by a couple of those that replied show to me the lack of common sense today. You can see a line of trolleys all with baby seats and it doesn't occur to you that yours doesn't suit that line? Come on folks, start thinking when you are out, be aware of what is around you. I am an87 year old and really get annoyed with those who do not think.

The comment by a couple of those that replied show to me the lack of common sense today. You can see a line of trolleys all with baby seats and it doesn't occur to you that yours doesn't suit that line? Come on folks, start thinking when you are out, be aware of what is around you. I am an87 year old and really get annoyed with those who do not think.
Hear, bloody hear!

Whether it’s for a full grocery shop or a quick grab of essentials, ALDI is a popular pick for many Australians. So, if you regularly shop at ALDI, you’re probably familiar with their trolley system.

However, one customer raised a lesser-known ALDI trolley issue and it’s caused shoppers to quickly re-examine how they are using the trolleys – as it could be directly impacting other customers.

From filling sippy cups to carrying toddlers and making sure they’re safe while the family is out and about, being a parent is one of the hardest (but most rewarding) jobs in the world.

That’s why when one mum put out a desperate plea to other ALDI shoppers on a popular Facebook page, she was met with an intensely supportive reaction.

In her post, the mother asked customers who shop at the supermarket to show more care when returning their ALDI trolley to the allocated bays.

View attachment 13251
One mum posted a desperate plea to other ALDI shoppers on a popular Facebook group. Credit: emirkhan bal/Pexels

As many of you are probably familiar with, ALDI trolleys operate using a coin system. To gain access to a trolley, customers must insert a gold coin or store token. Once customers have finished shopping, they must return their trolleys to the designated bays and attach them to another cart in order to receive their gold coin or trolley token back.

This system incentivises shoppers to return their trolleys to the designated bays, however, the coins do get jammed in the slots at times – making it a frustrating experience for customers. You can read one shopper’s complaint about this here.

But what does this have to do with the mum’s plea? Well, unfortunately, many customers do not return the trolleys to the correct bays, resulting in some pretty frustrating experiences for those with small children. It’s something many shoppers have probably never even realised!

As the mum pointed out, when standard trolleys are placed in front of baby-friendly carts, it can be very tough for already-tired parents to access them.

View attachment 13252
The mum asked other people not to place standard trolleys with baby carrier trolleys. Credit: Facebook

‘When returning your trolley, please walk the extra two metres and return your trolley to the trolley bay that doesn’t have the baby seats attached to them,’ she shared.

The mum explained further: ‘By putting your trolley behind the baby seat trolleys, it means that parents who have little ones that need those baby seats can no longer access them without removing all the ones in the way first - which isn’t easy when you’re also holding a baby.’

She clarified that what she shared wasn’t meant to be a ‘nasty post’, but just something to make people realise that what they are doing when trying to save a few seconds inconveniences others.

Thousands of Facebook users flocked to the comments and shared their reactions to the post. Many agreed with the mum’s point of view and described their own experiences as well.

‘Yes! Juggling a toddler and a newborn currently and this is so frustrating! Please be considerate of those sleep-deprived parents,’ one said.

Another shared: ‘I’ve literally had to go home without doing my shopping because of this exact reason as there was no way I could carry my baby and all my groceries without access to these trolleys.’

While a third wrote that carrying a baby in one arm, plus their bags, and holding their other toddler’s hand in the other makes it difficult for them to access the right shopping carts.

‘It is pure laziness on their part! The baby/bags/coin juggle struggle is real!’

Someone else declared, and another explained that parents already have ‘enough on their hands’ without having to juggle kids and a trolley at the same time.

Others agreed that this was a timely message for any supermarket shopper to read.

‘Thanks for showing me this. I’ll be sure not to put a regular trolley in front of a baby seat one,’ one explained. She added that she would have never even thought about this, and appreciated the reminder as she is now a mum.

‘And if you see a parent struggling to get the baby trolley out, take 10 seconds out of your day to help,’ someone suggested.

A second agreed and said that despite having two kids, she never thought about this issue. ‘And 100 per cent sure I have been guilty of it,’ she added.
Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer has asked shoppers to be considerate when returning trolleys, especially when it comes to trolleys with baby seats.
  • The mother said when standard trolleys are placed with baby-friendly carts, it can cause difficulties for shoppers with children.
  • Thousands of Facebook users reacted to the post, with many agreeing with her point of view.
  • Others said it was a timely message for any supermarket shopper to read, suggesting that people should offer to help a parent if they are struggling with a trolley and a baby.
Have you ever thought about this trolley ‘issue’, members? Tell us about it in the comments below!

Let alone the Aldi problems -- why can't the stoobidhead dumbsh*ts who wheel the different-sized trolleys around at Woolies (let's say) park them in the right fashion when they've finished with them? Smaller ones shoild go into smaller ones, bigger ones get parked with bigger ones, they all go with the small end pushed into the large side and, most importantly, they all should go in STRAIGHT, not thrown willy-nilly sideways in the bay. Goddlemighty, you'd think it was rocket science, not straightforward common sense or manners. But those two qualities are sadly lacking these days.

and there aren't enough bays. At one end of the centre there is Woolies- 2 sizes plus baby, Aldi, Big W, but only 2 or 3 bays. Then the other end has Kmart and Coles (2 sizes plus baby) and they are generally 2 bays. And then people may use one trolley the full length of the shopping centre and so in total there 9 trolley types and max. bays are only 3. Put more bays in and more regularly spaced through the carparks, especially places like Noarlunga Colonnades. And there just maybe less left stranded. For some reason centre thinks only shoppers need them near the store, but only has so many car spaces, so the shoppers needing them maybe a fair distance away with no trolley bays close by.

View attachment 13251

View attachment 13252

Key Takeaways

As a senior my peeve is the trolleys from other businesses, that are put in the outdoor Aldi trolley bay, making it impossible to retrieve you're coin without having to walk back to the store, especially in bad weather! Luckily, I am still mobile enough to do that, others are not. In saying that it is more than likely other seniors who are responsible. If you want respect show it!

My son-in-law drops me off at our local shopping centre & finds me a large trolly (any type) so I have something to lean on & help me walk the whole shopping centre. Then when I am finished he comes back to collect me & unload the goodies into the car before stashing the trolly for collection in a trolly bay. This works well as I have no little babies to worry about any more.

As a senior my peeve is the trolleys from other businesses, that are put in the outdoor Aldi trolley bay, making it impossible to retrieve you're coin without having to walk back to the store, especially in bad weather! Luckily, I am still mobile enough to do that, others are not. In saying that it is more than likely other seniors who are responsible. If you want respect show it!
Nah, mate. Such a simple answer to this vexing question assumes there is a definite level of courtesy, nous and commom sense at large in the community. Instead, a lot of the citizenry walking and driving around these days seem to be charter members of the UJack society, raised that way by uncaring parents.

View attachment 13251

View attachment 13252

Key Takeaways

Nah, mate. Such a simple answer to this vexing question assumes there is a definite level of courtesy, nous and commom sense at large in the community. Instead, a lot of the citizenry walking and driving around these days seem to be charter members of the UJack society, raised that way by uncaring parents.
I hear you, but I am on a mission to do all those very things you suggest proving to at least 1 person at a time, that there are still those who are caring, considerate and understanding about others and our community. Lol, wish me luck!

I REALLY DONT LIKE ALDI TROLLEYS. THE HANDLES ARE FAR TOO HIGH AND EMPTYING ITEMS OUT OF THE DEEP TROLLEY IS DIFFICULT. I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE AVERAGE HEIGHT AT 5’6”, SO GOODNESS KNOWS HOW SHORTER PEOPLE MANAGE. 😳 THANK GOODNESS THEY FINALLY INTRODUCED BASKETS. 👍

Mar. 18,2023 UPDATE : HOORAY!!! ALDI HAVE INTRODUCED THE SMALLER TROLLEYS IN THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. THANK YOU ALDI - I NOW DON’T HAVE TO ‘pinch’ A WOOLIES ONE TO USE INSTORE. ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: Tervueren
With mobility issues is one of the reasons I don't shop at ALDI's is that their trolleys are too deep and I am 5ft 2inch, also at most ALDI's the trolley return is no were near the disables parking bays. I feel the mother's issue over the trolley for babies is a very valid one and maybe ALDI could have staff checking every few hours to make access to those trolley is available for parents/carers.

No, it's not too difficult for people with one head to handle, this perplexing trolley-stacking problem. The trouble arises whenever the stoobidheads are let loose on the streets without a licence allowing them to mix with the general population. Add to that the normal (as displayed by these idiots) way of recognising anything short of their own little world and that's when they show their true, selfish colours. "I'm allright, Jack. Up yours" is their attitude.