2 teaspoons cinnamon
¾ cups sultanas
2 apples, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ¼ cups milk
4 tablespoons honey
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
Mix in sultanas and grated apples.
In a separate bowl, whisk butter, honey, milk, egg and vanilla.
Add to flour mixture and stir gently.
Spoon into muffin pan.

Oven 180 degrees or 160 degrees fan forced.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

* I've used wholemeal S/R flour in the pic.

apple and sultana muffins (1).jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored
These muffins look very good and more my style of muffins , no refined sugar either . I don’t use butter , use yoghurt , the apples keeps them moist as well and I use cranberries in stead of sultanas and I do freeze them as well.
Yesterday I made a big load of rocky road and heathy copycat Twix bars , but i made them in my silicone round cups as it is hard to cut the chocolate on top without breaking them . I put most of it in the freezer , keeps well and take out what I need for visitors or meeting friends .Thank you for sharing this recipe . :) .

Reactions: Ezzy and Penny4
These muffins look very good and more my style of muffins , no refined sugar either . I don’t use butter , use yoghurt , the apples keeps them moist as well and I use cranberries in stead of sultanas and I do freeze them as well.
Yesterday I made a big load of rocky road and heathy copycat Twix bars , but i made them in my silicone round cups as it is hard to cut the chocolate on top without breaking them . I put most of it in the freezer , keeps well and take out what I need for visitors or meeting friends .Thank you for sharing this recipe . :) .
Apples and cranberries would be nice too. When you substitute yoghurt, do you use the exact amount as the butter?
I sometimes substitute olive oil for butter, however olive oil is a different ratio.
Your copycat Twix bars sound delish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy
Apples and cranberries would be nice too. When you substitute yoghurt, do you use the exact amount as the butter?
I sometimes substitute olive oil for butter, however olive oil is a different ratio.
Hopefully she will put up the copy cat twice bar recipe

I just add a couple of table spoons of yoghurt , but I do not measure it as such , they always turn out nice.