Anthony Albanese reveals what he did to achieve his ‘glow up’ – and (despite rumours) it's not Botox!

We all want to look our best as we age, don't we, members? Whether that means trying a new hairstyle, getting some cosmetic work done or finally losing those stubborn kilos. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve our appearance and feel good about ourselves.

Of course, not all of us are blessed with movie star looks or a personal trainer and nutritionist on call. For most of us 'regular folks', making significant changes to our appearance requires hard work and dedication – two things that aren't always easy to come by.

But it seems one high-profile Aussie has managed to do just that – much to the amazement (and confusion) of the general public.

We are, of course, talking about none other than Prime Minister Anthony Albanese! Recently, Albo has been the subject of much discussion online after debuting what can only be described as a 'major glow-up'.

TXmsKhhVx9sTlR9Ni1K2HrZUKjc6fZ9LF-6F-WaE2iDw9yhBvx4uj1DGE97YFG9pYiQ9ATGz1-N_3FwhOqU-OtG0TE-YyH4MZw3ChwPabCXR6rbuVWAn2GgtVf9H4x1TXgbJbTKe9SKenfE4OPOIFnbQ1XS2gflngaE0VHTvTBe-9abQy786cgPQpA

Recently, rumours that Mr Albanese had 'work' done to make himself look younger made headlines. Credit: Japan Pool/AFP.

The Prime Minister appears to have lost weight and generally looks younger and healthier recently. Naturally, people were quick to speculate as to how he achieved this transformation.

Was it down to expensive cosmetic procedures like Botox or fillers? Perhaps he had some secret anti-ageing medical treatment up his sleeve?

Mr Albanese spoke to NovaFM's Fitzy and Wippa about the recent report in the Daily Mail, which claimed that his youthful looks might have been brought about by something 'injectable'.

The article also pointed out Mr Albanese's smoother complexion, following his weight loss and 'style' transformation. 'Have you had Botox, and how many fillers have you had, Prime Minister?'' he was asked on the radio show.

The Prime Minister was quick to shut down these rumours, simply laughing off the claims and suggesting that whoever wrote the article was 'having Botox in the wrong place'.

Then, Mr Albanese's weight loss journey, during which he shed more than 15 kilos in preparation for the election, became the subject of the radio show's conversation.

When asked what his one tip or secret is for shedding those unwanted kilos, the Prime Minister then went on to reveal his greatest weight loss tip – simply giving up bread!

Mr Albanese also said that stopping himself from snacking between meals was a big help in losing weight and that cutting carbs was key. Aside from those necessary 'sacrifices', he also credited a large part of his transformation to giving up alcohol – although he still enjoys an occasional beer or two!

'I get to have a beer every now and then. Both light and heavy,' he explained. 'I have the odd hot chip and all of that. Not be too religious about it. It took a long period. It was over 18 months.'

KNJ3t8BPwrwcoKSRe4_KGWwQmOmQBjIeUJF2CxgQZGqkLoECVvcUimcAY1ywkjwXiSIpto9WhMjhn55weK1z0xAsNE7vlE-1pLV5UbLD6V6IOD9gU0oNmc8J6ETn2vqAdUOiRPDykbByLmrHc2GgdTAdPwGjp7fNF4WvDfxo1RRIiEfsnhgbMai3YA

Albanese attributed his recent physical transformation to clean eating. Credit: The Sydney Morning Herald.

Also, the Prime Minister revealed that the fact that he was able to walk away from a horrible car accident was a big motivation in his weight loss journey.

'The real motivation, I don't recommend this, was to have a near life-ending car crash. That gives you a bit of a wake-up call,' he said.

'That's what happened to me. I was determined to get fitter after I had an accident in January almost two years ago now, and that was a real wake-up call to get fit and get healthy and it's worked. I feel much better for it.'

We all know that the older we get, the more our metabolism slows down, and it becomes increasingly difficult to shed those extra kilos. Exercise is important, of course, but what we put into our bodies is just as crucial when it comes to weight management.

Giving up unhealthy foods altogether is always a good idea if you're looking to improve your health... but as Albo pointed out himself: moderation is key. As long as we allow ourselves an occasional treat here and there (like 'the odd hot chip', as he put it), we should be able to avoid binge eating habits. We shouldn't beat ourselves up too much over our food choices!

So what do you think of this story, members? Does our Prime Minister inspire you to make healthier choices in life as well? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
So many people are getting botox.

A couple of years ago I noticed a fellow workers lips which looked very swollen, I asked her if she was having an allergic reaction, she looked at me strange , I said your lips look really swollen.
Another college whispered, she has been getting lip fillers ( botox) to be honest it looked awful.

As for diet , it's good to eat healthy but I also feel it's ok to eat what you want but in moderation.

Reactions: Ricci and Thecla
We all want to look our best as we age, don't we, members? Whether that means trying a new hairstyle, getting some cosmetic work done or finally losing those stubborn kilos. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve our appearance and feel good about ourselves.

Of course, not all of us are blessed with movie star looks or a personal trainer and nutritionist on call. For most of us 'regular folks', making significant changes to our appearance requires hard work and dedication – two things that aren't always easy to come by.

But it seems one high-profile Aussie has managed to do just that – much to the amazement (and confusion) of the general public.

We are, of course, talking about none other than Prime Minister Anthony Albanese! Recently, Albo has been the subject of much discussion online after debuting what can only be described as a 'major glow-up'.

TXmsKhhVx9sTlR9Ni1K2HrZUKjc6fZ9LF-6F-WaE2iDw9yhBvx4uj1DGE97YFG9pYiQ9ATGz1-N_3FwhOqU-OtG0TE-YyH4MZw3ChwPabCXR6rbuVWAn2GgtVf9H4x1TXgbJbTKe9SKenfE4OPOIFnbQ1XS2gflngaE0VHTvTBe-9abQy786cgPQpA

Recently, rumours that Mr Albanese had 'work' done to make himself look younger made headlines. Credit: Japan Pool/AFP.

The Prime Minister appears to have lost weight and generally looks younger and healthier recently. Naturally, people were quick to speculate as to how he achieved this transformation.

Was it down to expensive cosmetic procedures like Botox or fillers? Perhaps he had some secret anti-ageing medical treatment up his sleeve?

Mr Albanese spoke to NovaFM's Fitzy and Wippa about the recent report in the Daily Mail, which claimed that his youthful looks might have been brought about by something 'injectable'.

The article also pointed out Mr Albanese's smoother complexion, following his weight loss and 'style' transformation. 'Have you had Botox, and how many fillers have you had, Prime Minister?'' he was asked on the radio show.

The Prime Minister was quick to shut down these rumours, simply laughing off the claims and suggesting that whoever wrote the article was 'having Botox in the wrong place'.

Then, Mr Albanese's weight loss journey, during which he shed more than 15 kilos in preparation for the election, became the subject of the radio show's conversation.

When asked what his one tip or secret is for shedding those unwanted kilos, the Prime Minister then went on to reveal his greatest weight loss tip – simply giving up bread!

Mr Albanese also said that stopping himself from snacking between meals was a big help in losing weight and that cutting carbs was key. Aside from those necessary 'sacrifices', he also credited a large part of his transformation to giving up alcohol – although he still enjoys an occasional beer or two!

'I get to have a beer every now and then. Both light and heavy,' he explained. 'I have the odd hot chip and all of that. Not be too religious about it. It took a long period. It was over 18 months.'

KNJ3t8BPwrwcoKSRe4_KGWwQmOmQBjIeUJF2CxgQZGqkLoECVvcUimcAY1ywkjwXiSIpto9WhMjhn55weK1z0xAsNE7vlE-1pLV5UbLD6V6IOD9gU0oNmc8J6ETn2vqAdUOiRPDykbByLmrHc2GgdTAdPwGjp7fNF4WvDfxo1RRIiEfsnhgbMai3YA

Albanese attributed his recent physical transformation to clean eating. Credit: The Sydney Morning Herald.

Also, the Prime Minister revealed that the fact that he was able to walk away from a horrible car accident was a big motivation in his weight loss journey.

'The real motivation, I don't recommend this, was to have a near life-ending car crash. That gives you a bit of a wake-up call,' he said.

'That's what happened to me. I was determined to get fitter after I had an accident in January almost two years ago now, and that was a real wake-up call to get fit and get healthy and it's worked. I feel much better for it.'

We all know that the older we get, the more our metabolism slows down, and it becomes increasingly difficult to shed those extra kilos. Exercise is important, of course, but what we put into our bodies is just as crucial when it comes to weight management.

Giving up unhealthy foods altogether is always a good idea if you're looking to improve your health... but as Albo pointed out himself: moderation is key. As long as we allow ourselves an occasional treat here and there (like 'the odd hot chip', as he put it), we should be able to avoid binge eating habits. We shouldn't beat ourselves up too much over our food choices!

So what do you think of this story, members? Does our Prime Minister inspire you to make healthier choices in life as well? Let us know in the comments!
I think getting healthier is the best idea he has had in the last 12 months, and I am so glad that it does not affect me.

Reactions: Ricci
That’s a good example of all those people getting Botox all the time. I know some people are obsessed with it. They cannot live without a new shot every month or so. It’s a disease for sure because they don’t like themselves as they are anymore and don’t change themselves naturally but choose this artificial help.
I have nothing against Botox itself. Doctors from https://www.denverfacialplastics.com/plastic-surgery/brow-lift can help people with severe issues get a better look. A little bit of it might really make you look younger, but there’s always a line you shouldn’t cross.

Last edited: