Ol Geeza

May 5, 2023
Another email scam

This is a screenshot of a screenshot that got past spam. Scammers will throw out posts probably to multiple email addresses in the chance you might have an account with a particular website, and you will click on BAM spyware installed. Other so-called emails might refer to Austpost mail address confirmation asking for a small fee to deliver your parcel.

Screenshot_20230705_042933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another email scam

This a screen shot of a screen shot that got past spam. Scammers will throw out post probably to multiple email addresses in the chance you might have a account with a particular website and you will click on and BAM spyware installed. Other so-called emails might refer about Austpost mail address confirmation asking for a small fee to deliver your parcel. Don't be gullable ignore block report. Some of the scams I hear people get stung by I often think they would still believe in the tooth fairy.
This is a great reminder! However, certain people are more vulnerable to these types of scams than others. :( That's why it's so important to keep everyone as informed as possible, and we can't thank you enough for taking part in that! :D

Another email scam

This is a screenshot of a screenshot that got past spam. Scammers will throw out posts probably to multiple email addresses in the chance you might have an account with a particular website, and you will click on BAM spyware installed. Other so-called emails might refer to Austpost mail address confirmation asking for a small fee to deliver your parcel.

Yep..had a few of the aussie post ones...but aussie post asking for delivery money...that's just too obvious, and quite frankly, so is the above scam...I just report them and block them.

I get literally hundreds of these a week for various companies most overseas like Kholes in USA. I report thm all as phishing scams and delete.

And linked to that Australia Post scam are others claiming you have to pay import costs on a parcel and they very helpfully add a link so you can pay immediately. DON'T. Delete instead.

My thoughts - if the Tax office wants to give me money they have my bank account number, if Australia Post wants to deliver a parcel (which I haven’t ordered) they are welcome to do so, and there is no business that will send you a parcel without you previously having paid ‘delivery charges’.

Don’t get sucked in, dear readers. Even if you have ordered something don’t pay a second delivery fee and call the company you ordered it from about any so-called ‘missed’ delivery.

My daily exercise is to delete strange (scam) emails in the inbox snd in the junk box immediately and then go to the delete box, purge the emails and delete them again AND permanently. Works like a charm 😁✅

Totally agree. I just on Tuesday got caught with an email I thought was from my internet service provider asking me tp update my payment details which I knew I had to do. I was only half awake, saw the logo and other business details, click the link enter my credit card details not noticing the Web address was incorrect. Shortly after I started to get notifications about codes for setting up Google Wallet. It was at this stage I realised what had happened. I went to my browser and saw the Web address was totally wrong.

Fortunately ANZ Falcon syst noticed this was happening and blocked the card. Sage for me. I called the bank to report what had happened and found put that my card was blocked. So card cancelled, new card coming. Only last month my credit card details was used by a person, whose details I have and will be reporting to the Police when I'm feeling better. Been sick for weeks, antibiotics are helping. That person decided to go on an obl8ne shopping spree. I check my account quite often and noticed these transactions appearing on a Sunday, was sick in bed. Rang the bank, card blocked, cancelled new one issued. Now that's being replaced. Totally inconvenient both times. How that person got my details I don't know. But there jave been many large companies hacked Optus being one of them, where I have our mobile phone account.

I'm pretty much according to my daughter the last person she would expect to be caught. Only reason this time was I was falling asleep, don't sleep well, heard my phone ping. Thought it might be important, groggily read a message and feel into the trap.

Please read things carefully, if needed call up the business and double check its an email or message from them.

My Brother-in-law got caught 5 yrs ago, phone call he thought was legitimate. Lost $11,000. He was physically sick for several days about it. It was everything he had in his account. I loaned him some money until he got back on his feet.

I got one from the United States treasury department Insignia highlighted, a while back, telling me this is my final warning that I need to pay up some huge amount or I am going to Prison.

Sometimes I like to play. I replied and said THANK **** for that your emails were starting to annoy me.

I told them I have been living in a tin shack on the edge of the great sandy desert... in outback Australia for the past thirty years.

They didn't reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterAUS
I got one from the United States treasury department Insignia and all a while back, telling me this is my final warning that I need to pay up some huge amount or I am going to Prison.

Sometimes I like to play. I replied and said THANK **** for that your emails were starting to annoy me.

I told them I have been living in a tin shack on the edge of the great sandy desert... in outback Australia for the past thirty years.

They didn't reply.
It can be fun to do that but remember that if you reply they then know your email address is live and you could be subjected to ongoing scams with different names. Block the sender!

It can be fun to do that but remember that if you reply they then know your email address is live and you could be subjected to ongoing scams with different names. Block the sender!
Blocking senders DOES NOT WORK as scammers anchor themselves in our computer and I have NEVER been able to find anyone to assist in how to remove them.

I found where they nest.

If you go to new mail and type in only one letter (the letter A for instance) then press the scroll bar a number of email addresses starting with the letter A will appear.

To continue through the alphabet like this, is to find about sixty email addresses (scam sites included) If you were to again repeat the exercise, adding another letter after the letter a more will appear and so on and so forth potentially HUNDREDS are breeding in there Hidden from view.

The thing is as they are NOT in our contacts list, we can't delete them.

No internet advice and no forum advice to clear them, has been discovered so far.

I figure EVERY LAPTOP AND PC is infected as this is where they hide. Can you offer myself and all readers of your response advice please?

Soaking my laptop overnight in water, would most definitely do it, but (sigh) its not a very logical solution.

Reactions: Tamaya
You’re so right. As much as it is tempting to give a deserving reply it is better to block. Thinking of it, the same applies to not do nice friends who drives us insane and in person … just block them 🤪

Reactions: PeterAUS
Another email scam

how easily some are sucked into these scams. my latest is a mobile call from australia post and if anyone falls for that one they have marbles not brains.

Blocking senders DOES NOT WORK as scammers anchor themselves in our computer and I have NEVER been able to find anyone to assist in how to remove them.

I found where they nest.

If you go to new mail and type in only one letter (the letter A for instance) then press the scroll bar a number of email addresses starting with the letter A will appear.

To continue through the alphabet like this, is to find about sixty email addresses (scam sites included) If you were to again repeat the exercise, adding another letter after the letter a more will appear and so on and so forth potentially HUNDREDS are breeding in there Hidden from view.

No internet advice and no forum advice to clear them, has been discovered so far.

I figure EVERY LAPTOP AND PC is infected as this is where they hide. Can you offer myself and all readers of your response advice please?

Soaking my laptop overnight in water, would most definitely do it, but (sigh) its not a very logical solution.
This is a great advice and one thing about me is that I am very patient to go through this process! Earmarked as weekend task!

I found where they nest.

Actually, one solution is to add those addresses to your contacts. Right-click on the address and add it as a contact. Then go to your contacts and block the email address and delete. That works!

Actually, one solution is to add those addresses to your contacts. Right-click on the address and add it as a contact. Then go to your contacts and block the email address and delete. That works!
This is definitely an alternative - accept and immediately delete or block. Question: as soon this is done (especially deleted) they will disappear from the email list a-z right? I seem to have thousands silently accumulated over the years 😳 are they dormant?

This is definitely an alternative - accept and immediately delete or block. Question: as soon this is done (especially deleted) they will disappear from the email list a-z right? I seem to have thousands silently accumulated over the years 😳 are they dormant?
Blocking then immediately removing them from my deleted file does not work 115 (actual number) of scam emails blocked this year and my ESET security system triples that.

They arrive quite regularly and given how many must be in there and no doubt with weird locators like axn etc as their first identification, it sounds like a trudge to fix.

I will give it a tr, its just that there's so much I need to type already as I am preparing to launch a website and though I am a writer I am not at all highly educated in office procedures and I am no typist.

I was hoping for a JUST DO THIS! thing that sprays their nest... thank you for assisting me however I suspect there is about a hundred of the little buggers at least in my laptop, plus as I said, they keep on coming.

Still its good training for the trials of notoriety I guess, so I should not complain ha ha ha

Blocking then immediately removing them from my deleted file does not work 115 (actual number) of scam emails blocked this year and my ESET security system triples that.

They arrive quite regularly and given how many must be in there and no doubt with weird locators like axn etc as their first identification, it sounds like a trudge to fix.

I will give it a tr, its just that there's so much I need to type already as I am preparing to launch a website and though I am a writer I am not at all highly educated in office procedures and I am no typist.

I was hoping for a JUST DO THIS! thing that sprays their nest... thank you for assisting me however I suspect there is about a hundred of the little buggers at least in my laptop, plus as I said, they keep on coming.

Still its good training for the trials of notoriety I guess, so I should not complain ha ha ha
It will stop the emails from that particular email address. It will not stop all the others though. All the sender has to do is change a single letter in the name or URL and your block will fail (because it is not the same address). Unfortunately, scammers and spammers are very adept at doing that. I have been getting literally hundreds recently from supposed organisations in South Africa, the UK and Brazil!

Reactions: Pink lion
It will stop the emails from that particular email address. It will not stop all the others though. All the sender has to do is change a single letter in the name or URL and your block will fail (because it is not the same address). Unfortunately, scammers and spammers are very adept at doing that. I have been getting literally hundreds recently from supposed organisations in South Africa, the UK and Brazil!
I get American notifications.. what a weird world..