SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Luckyus

Luckyus

Dec 18, 2021
Here, There and Everywhere?
An Unexpected Invitation

Sam had been in the computer business for 25 years and was finally sick of the stress. He quit his job and bought 50 acres of land in Minnesota as far from humanity as possible. Sam saw the postman once a week and got groceries once a month. Otherwise, it was total peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost total isolation, he was just finishing dinner when someone knocked on his door.

He opened it and there was a big, bearded man standing there. "Name's Leon... Your neighbor from four miles away... Having a party Saturday... thought you'd like to come."

"Great," says Sam. "After six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."

As Leon was leaving he stopped, "Gotta warn you there's gonna be some drinkin'." "Not a problem... after 25 years in the computer business, I can drink with the best of 'em."

Again, as he started to leave Leon stopped. "More 'n' likely gonna be some fightin' too."

Sam says, "Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again."

Once again Leon turned from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties, too."

"Now that's not a problem," says Sam, "I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there...by the way, what should I wear?"

Leon stopped in the doorway again and said,

"Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us."

An Unexpected Invitation

Sam had been in the computer business for 25 years and was finally sick of the stress. He quit his job and bought 50 acres of land in Minnesota as far from humanity as possible. Sam saw the postman once a week and got groceries once a month. Otherwise, it was total peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost total isolation, he was just finishing dinner when someone knocked on his door.

He opened it and there was a big, bearded man standing there. "Name's Leon... Your neighbor from four miles away... Having a party Saturday... thought you'd like to come."

"Great," says Sam. "After six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."

As Leon was leaving he stopped, "Gotta warn you there's gonna be some drinkin'." "Not a problem... after 25 years in the computer business, I can drink with the best of 'em."

Again, as he started to leave Leon stopped. "More 'n' likely gonna be some fightin' too."

Sam says, "Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again."

Once again Leon turned from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties, too."

"Now that's not a problem," says Sam, "I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there...by the way, what should I wear?"

Leon stopped in the doorway again and said,

"Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us."
Lol Wild sex and drinks fights, with a wild man ? Hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I moved to acreage in the country and it was almost exactly like that. After many years I sold up and moved back to the sane suburbs, where I belong

We went farming and were in a country area for 7 years, after 5 years the local folks started to talk to us "townies". We eventually sold up and went back to the city. Was good being on the farm for the kids as they all learnt a heap of skills they would have not tried in the city.

I moved to acreage in the country and it was almost exactly like that. After many years I sold up and moved back to the sane suburbs, where I belong
For sure, you don't mean even the wild... ah never mind :LOL:

We went farming and were in a country area for 7 years, after 5 years the local folks started to talk to us "townies". We eventually sold up and went back to the city. Was good being on the farm for the kids as they all learnt a heap of skills they would have not tried in the city.
Why'd you and @RTS move back, if you don't mind us asking? The both of you must have heaps of stories to tell :D

For sure, you don't mean even the wild... ah never mind :LOL:

Why'd you and @RTS move back, if you don't mind us asking? The both of you must have heaps of stories to tell :D
We moved back after the illness of my brother in laws wife, she passed from cancer, he lost focus, sold we sold up and came back to the city. We were lucky to have sold then as we had farmed thru 7 good years, the 2 years after we sold up were drought years.

We moved back after the illness of my brother in laws wife, she passed from cancer, he lost focus, sold we sold up and came back to the city. We were lucky to have sold then as we had farmed thru 7 good years, the 2 years after we sold up were drought years.
What started out as a joke, now makes me feel like slashing me wrists?

• Wow
I do hope all is as well as can be, then.

Thank you for sharing too @Goodbloke :)

Reactions: Goodbloke