Beware of what kind of water filtration system you buy. There are some really overpriced duds on the market. I went through this exercise a few years ago as I live in the country and only have access to rain and spring water.
Buy what YOU need. Not what they want to sell you.

Beware of what kind of water filtration system you buy. There are some really overpriced duds on the market. I went through this exercise a few years ago as I live in the country and only have access to rain and spring water.
Buy what YOU need. Not what they want to sell you.
thank you for those comments, We also live in a rural area although we do have scheme water which unfortunately is well known to be very hard, bad tasting and mostly undrinkable. After some consultation with locals I eventually contacted a plumber who is known and reliable, he had a sample of our water tested and advised that yes it was very hard with an over abundance of particles in it so advised a Filtration system to suit our house. His quote to source and install it was within the budget we had set so he has recieved the OK to proceed, I am looking forward to having decent water for the first time since we moved here, we only plumbed in rain water tanks to service the garden when we built the house as we were not aware of the problem with the water then, hindsight is a wonderful thing !!