American woman obsesses over ‘life-changing’ Australian bread, but Aussies beg to differ

In a Reddit post, an American traveller shared her obsession with the most fantastic bread she’s ever had in her American life.

The post was titled “I ate bread in Australia, and it ruined my life”, and managed to amass over 400 comments.

The woman wrote in detail about how the bread was a “godsend” and how she would “pay just to live off of that toast” for the rest of her life.

“Guys, I can't live without that bread. Ever since I got back to America, I've been in pursuit of a bread that can deliver just as well. But I've found nothing,” she added.

“Am I doomed to live for the rest of my life without that bread? How am I supposed to go on knowing that such delicacies lie on the other side of the planet, and I have no means of access? American bread is small, thinly sliced. It's not as fluffy.”

“Please help.”

The post was already shared two years ago but resurfaced on Wednesday when a writer from Sydney tweeted about it, saying, “This is the saddest thing I've ever read in my entire life.”

MXQmC4n6RvQyxfIc9Jnj_otj8IiHfl_dgcGSmdBnmFs7ZAHYSFbziMaGpUeLuARlhbnD2k4QCNDWpC-ecUE7r0g0jDukx8TNPLL2_RgJ34YNfpOxOtggE2iAwzR3WKnVOjUAMIBl

The woman later clarified that the bread she tasted was TipTop bread. Photo from user lemonlucid on Reddit.

Kara Schlegl tweeted a screenshot of the old Reddit post on her Twitter page with over 13,200 followers.

Naturally, hundreds of Aussies replied and agreed with the writer, claiming the bread wasn't even 'close' to the best the country has to offer.

“That's like the bread you buy when they're out of everything that isn't home brand,” one man responded.

“She bought Tip Top bread and thought it was the best bread she'd ever tasted. Sh*t. I am so spoiled with my $7 sourdoughs from The Gordon Street Bakery,” another Twitter user wrote.

1635400236125.png

Other users agreed with the American woman when she said bread in the US generally tasted awful.

One user wrote: “Lived in the US for close to a year. I ate their bread; it’s bad. Bland, processed, sugar-added badness. To make matters worse, I couldn't even find real butter to spread on it.”

“Can confirm. Lived in the US for 18 years. The bread is too sweet, and the cheese is too yellow,” a third added.

Kara followed up her original tweet, saying, “Nothing has f*cked me up more than learning Americans put sugar into their bread. That's cake, my friends. That's cake.”

1635400290709.png
1635400349615.png

Sponsored
My son lives in L A with his wife and child. I have visited there four times and it’s very true that they put sugar in their bread.As someone else pointed out their orange cheese is not nice either.
( I definitely had a wonderful time there so I hope to go back)

Reactions: Tricia
I've tasted American food - it's all-round awful. I can understand why this lady was in such a tizz over Tip Top

American woman obsesses over ‘life-changing’ Australian bread, but Aussies beg to differ

In a Reddit post, an American traveller shared her obsession with the most fantastic bread she’s ever had in her American life.

The post was titled “I ate bread in Australia, and it ruined my life”, and managed to amass over 400 comments.

The woman wrote in detail about how the bread was a “godsend” and how she would “pay just to live off of that toast” for the rest of her life.

“Guys, I can't live without that bread. Ever since I got back to America, I've been in pursuit of a bread that can deliver just as well. But I've found nothing,” she added.

“Am I doomed to live for the rest of my life without that bread? How am I supposed to go on knowing that such delicacies lie on the other side of the planet, and I have no means of access? American bread is small, thinly sliced. It's not as fluffy.”

“Please help.”

The post was already shared two years ago but resurfaced on Wednesday when a writer from Sydney tweeted about it, saying, “This is the saddest thing I've ever read in my entire life.”

MXQmC4n6RvQyxfIc9Jnj_otj8IiHfl_dgcGSmdBnmFs7ZAHYSFbziMaGpUeLuARlhbnD2k4QCNDWpC-ecUE7r0g0jDukx8TNPLL2_RgJ34YNfpOxOtggE2iAwzR3WKnVOjUAMIBl

The woman later clarified that the bread she tasted was TipTop bread. Photo from user lemonlucid on Reddit.

Kara Schlegl tweeted a screenshot of the old Reddit post on her Twitter page with over 13,200 followers.

Naturally, hundreds of Aussies replied and agreed with the writer, claiming the bread wasn't even 'close' to the best the country has to offer.

“That's like the bread you buy when they're out of everything that isn't home brand,” one man responded.

“She bought Tip Top bread and thought it was the best bread she'd ever tasted. Sh*t. I am so spoiled with my $7 sourdoughs from The Gordon Street Bakery,” another Twitter user wrote.

Other users agreed with the American woman when she said bread in the US generally tasted awful.

One user wrote: “Lived in the US for close to a year. I ate their bread; it’s bad. Bland, processed, sugar-added badness. To make matters worse, I couldn't even find real butter to spread on it.”

“Can confirm. Lived in the US for 18 years. The bread is too sweet, and the cheese is too yellow,” a third added.

Kara followed up her original tweet, saying, “Nothing has f*cked me up more than learning Americans put sugar into their bread. That's cake, my friends. That's cake.”

Aussie bread IS good. US bread is loaded with sugar!