American man shares Weet-Bix ‘obsession’

Weet-Bix, the hearty whole-grain breakfast biscuit, has been fueling Australians for nearly a century.

Now, what many of us know as a breakfast staple has gained another fan—all the way from the United States.

A 24-year-old American man has declared his newfound love for Weet-Bix, and claims that he’s 'obsessed' with it.

He was so enamoured by the whole-grain wheat cereal that he had boxes of it shipped to his home in the US.

SDC 23.png
An American man became ‘obsessed’ with Weet-Bix. Image source: Instagram/@weetbixau.

Tired of the excessively sugared cereals prevalent in American supermarkets, he decided to take a chance on our humble Weet-Bix. This decision, by all counts, changed his morning routine forever.

He revealed his daily ritual includes six Weet-Bix bars dissolved in milk and strawberry protein powder, occasionally revelling in the decadence of adding crumbled Biscoff biscuits.

'As an American, why did no one ever tell me about Weet-Bix?' the man asked online.

'This [stuff] is like crack, and I love it. All American cereal is sugar, sugar, sugar, and Weet-Bix takes on whatever flavour I want, and it gets mushy so easy.'

'Thank you for my new favourite breakfast. I've had Weet-Bix a few different ways but can't wait to try all the ways Australians eat it.'

Many shared their favourite ways to enjoy this Aussie breakfast classic in response.

'I ate this for years with a bit of honey or brown sugar on top,' one shared.

'When I was a kid, it was with homemade stewed peaches on top with a little bit of sugar,' another added.

While a third said: 'I usually just have cold milk, and eat it really fast. I like it when it still has the crunch, but without the dryness.'

And a fourth suggested: 'My hack is Weet-Bix with 1/3 cup of nutty muesli scattered on top.'

'Fresh fruit too, especially berries, banana or stone fruit. Add a dollop of good yoghurt and you've got so much nutrition…!'

Foreign appreciation for traditional Australian fare doesn't end there.

'Party Shirt' DJ duo, Xavier Di Petta and Nick Iavarone, recently tried the customary Bunnings Warehouse sausage sizzle whilst on tour Down Under.

The humble snag in bread, topped with onion, and drizzled with sauce, proved to be an instant hit.

Nick doused his in tomato sauce and mustard and took a huge bite. He then spent a few seconds processing what he ate before blurting: 'F**k yeah!'

Similarly, Australian coffee has managed to enamour American taste buds.

Tilly Kearns, an Australian Olympic water polo player, told her boyfriend that Aussie coffee was 'much better' than its US counterpart.

Her boyfriend did not believe her…until he tried it for himself!

After being in Sydney for a week, the Olympian took her boyfriend out to try a cappuccino.

After sipping the coffee, her boyfriend immediately said: 'It's good s*** Matilda, it's good s***.'

Conversely, Aussies travelling to the US often reel at the amount of sugar laden into American food staples.

'One thing that always blows me away is the amount of sugar and such in American foods,' one shared.

'My wife and I always put on at least 5kg when we travel—even if we don't eat out too much.'

Moreover, it seems that the transition for Aussie wrestlers and athletes isn’t as smooth for those accustomed to a more balanced diet due to the amount of sugar and corn syrup in the food.
Key Takeaways
  • An American man became so fond of Australian breakfast food Weet-Bix, he had boxes of it shipped to him in the US.
  • Feeling dissatisfied with the high sugar content of American cereals, he tried Weet-Bix, which has then become his favourite breakfast meal.
  • He shared his new breakfast routine of consuming six bars of Weet-Bix with milk and strawberry protein powder, occasionally adding Biscoff biscuits.
  • Other non-Australians have similarly expressed their love for Australian food and beverages like the Bunnings sausage sizzle and Australian coffee, saying they surpass their American counterparts.
Members, are you a fan of Weet-Bix too? How do you like your Weet-Bix in the morning? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Yes I get that. I just have an objection to the tax avoidance issue mostly. That would amount to a great deal of $
Maybe you should do your research as well and put your mind at rest either way.🤔

Maybe you should do your research as well and put your mind at rest either way.🤔
I did - all money goes out of Australia and no tax paid. I like to buy Australian made as much as possible expecting money to stay here, just like to think I am doing what is best for us.

Reactions: DLHM and Littleboy8
I did - all money goes out of Australia and no tax paid. I like to buy Australian made as much as possible expecting money to stay here, just like to think I am doing what is best for us.
Yeah I get you and it makes you wonder though what other companies are doing the same thing that we don’t know about. But I can’t change my tastebuds unfortunately. And whose letting them get away with it🤔so I’m sticking with my weetbix😍

Yeah I get you and it makes you wonder though what other companies are doing the same thing that we don’t know about. But I can’t change my tastebuds unfortunately. And whose letting them get away with it🤔so I’m sticking with my weetbix😍
I'll see your two Weet Bix and raise you three Vita Brits....

Now on the other hand if they were destroying the wilderness or harming animals or children that would be a different story.😢I’d gladly change.😋
I'm definitely not suggesting that you should change anything. This is about me not realising this fact and it is very important to me that I support who supports us, and by us I mean all Australians. Maybe not so sure that no harm is being done.... I definitely need to pay more attention.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I have three VITA BRITS. I refuse to support a religious tax evading, devil dodging entity such as the Seventh Day Adventists. Was married to one, divorced her and wound up with a Mormon!! What's wrong with me???
Not sure, but I married two alcoholics. The first was a pub goer, he practically lived there. The second one drank at home, didn't seem such a problem, but of course it was.
Got it right the third time though, 30 years and counting.

Reactions: Knell
Yes I get that. I just have an objection to the tax avoidance issue mostly. That would amount to a great deal of $
Thats all religions - most are nothing but a business. At least Seventh Day Adv. have a good hospital. Prefer the weetbix bites with banana