Amazon Prime is set to DROP Jeremy Clarkson over controversial email apology to Harry and Meghan

It's been a tumultuous few weeks for Jeremy Clarkson after his controversial column about Meghan Markle saw him accused of hate and misogyny.

And the fallout continues for the broadcaster, with reports emerging that Amazon Prime Video is set to drop him after his ‘controversial apology’ to Prince Harry and Meghan.

Jeremy Clarkson, the presenter of shows such as The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm, has made headlines across the globe after he wrote an incendiary article about Meghan Markle.

The Duke of Sussex called the article about his wife ‘horrific, hurtful, and cruel’ during a recent interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby to discuss his new book, Spare.

This comes after Journalist Omid Scobie tweeted a statement from a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess who accused Mr Clarkson of ‘spreading dangerous conspiracy theories’ and ‘misogyny’.

royal1.jpg
The message was posted on the popular social media site, Twitter. Credit: Omid Scobie(@scobie)/Twitter

‘On December 25, 2022, Mr Clarkson wrote solely to Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex,’ the note read. It also described the contents of the apology as ‘Private and Confidential’.

‘Unless each of his other pieces were also written “in a hurry”, as he states, it is clear that this is not an isolated incident shared in haste, but rather a series of articles shared in hate.’

It was believed that as a result of Mr Clarkson’s articles, Amazon Prime Video, a video-on-demand, and streaming site, will no longer renew seasons of The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm.

Variety, an American magazine publisher, also stated that Clarkson’s Farm might end with season 3, which is expected to come out in 2024. The Grand Tour could end after four of its special episodes air, the last one is expected to come out in late 2024 as well.

Amazon has yet to issue a statement.

royal2.jpg
The streaming service reportedly cut ties with Jeremy Clarkson. Credit: Amazon Prime Video

Mr Clarkson, on the other hand, said he emailed both Harry and Megan on Christmas Day to apologise for his column in The Sun newspaper.

The gist of his piece in the newspaper said he dreamed of Meghan being ‘paraded naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her’. The article has since been removed from The Sun’s website.

This became the Independent Press Standards Organisation’s (IPSO) most complained-about article. IPSO is the regulator of the newspaper and magazine industry in the UK.

The Sun apologised and said it ‘regretted’ the publication of the piece, which had more than 25,000 IPSO complaints.

Mr Clarkson issued a statement on his social media channel and shared that his language in the column was ‘disgraceful’ and that he was ‘profoundly sorry’.

He wrote: ‘One of the strange things I've noticed in recent times is that whenever an MP or a well-known person is asked to apologise for something, no matter how heartfelt or profound that apology may be, it's never enough for the people who called for it in the first place.’

royal.jpg
This is the public statement the broadcaster provided. Credit: Jeremyclarkson1/Instagram

He emphasised in the apology how regretful he was over the column he wrote. He said: ‘I really am sorry. All the way from the balls of my feet to the follicles on my head. This is me putting my hands up. It’s a mea culpa with bells on.’

Mr Clarkson told reporters that he usually reads what he’s written before filing, but on that fateful day, he said he was ‘in a hurry’. He explained that when he finished writing, he just ‘pressed Send’ and didn’t expect it to blow up the next day.

‘I knew what had happened straight away,’ he shared. Mr Clarkson also stated that he was thinking of a similar scene from the popular TV show Game of Thrones, but that he had ‘forgotten to mention’ this.

‘So, it looked like I was actually calling for revolting violence to rain down on Meghan’s head,’ he continued.

jeremy.jpg
Mr Clarkson apologised to Harry and Meghan via private channels. Credit: Jeremyclarkson1/Instagram

The TV presenter described how his phone ‘went mad’ and how his close friends were furious over the incident.

‘Even my own daughter took to Instagram to denounce me,’ he said.

In the wake of this issue, Mr Clarkson said he wrote to everyone he worked with and apologised, including to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The Sun quickly apologised and I tried to explain myself. But still, there were calls for me to be sacked and charged with a hate crime. More than 60 MPs demanded action be taken. ITV, who make Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Amazon, who make Clarkson’s Farm and The Grand Tour, were incandescent.’

Mr Clarkson said he will 'try' to be 'interesting and vigilant' at the same time in future columns.

The recent controversy over Jeremy Clarkson's column about the Duchess of Sussex is not an isolated incident. Unfortunately, hate articles are becoming an increasingly common occurrence in newspapers and magazines.

Studies have shown that hate speech is often found in articles relating to topics such as race, gender, and politics. There is also evidence to suggest that hate articles are often linked to the promotion of fake news.

This not only harms the public's perception of certain topics but can also lead to the spread of misinformation and the promotion of negative stereotypes.
Key Takeaways

• Harry and Meghan have rebuffed an apology from Jeremy Clarkson over his column about Meghan.
  • The apology from Mr. Clarkson was marked as Private and Confidential, but the couple has accused him of ‘spreading dangerous conspiracy theories, and misogyny’.
  • Amazon Prime Video will not be working with Clarkson beyond seasons of The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm that they have previously commissioned.
  • Clarkson has issued a long statement on his Instagram apologising for his column, saying the language he used was ‘disgraceful’ and he was ‘profoundly sorry’.
What can you say about this, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
If that’s what he said, an apology won’t take that back. It was a vile thing to put on paper, whether you like her or not.

Reactions: Ricci
It's been a tumultuous few weeks for Jeremy Clarkson after his controversial column about Meghan Markle saw him accused of hate and misogyny.

And the fallout continues for the broadcaster, with reports emerging that Amazon Prime Video is set to drop him after his ‘controversial apology’ to Prince Harry and Meghan.

Jeremy Clarkson, the presenter of shows such as The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm, has made headlines across the globe after he wrote an incendiary article about Meghan Markle.

The Duke of Sussex called the article about his wife ‘horrific, hurtful, and cruel’ during a recent interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby to discuss his new book, Spare.

This comes after Journalist Omid Scobie tweeted a statement from a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess who accused Mr Clarkson of ‘spreading dangerous conspiracy theories’ and ‘misogyny’.

View attachment 11780
The message was posted on the popular social media site, Twitter. Credit: Omid Scobie(@scobie)/Twitter

‘On December 25, 2022, Mr Clarkson wrote solely to Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex,’ the note read. It also described the contents of the apology as ‘Private and Confidential’.

‘Unless each of his other pieces were also written “in a hurry”, as he states, it is clear that this is not an isolated incident shared in haste, but rather a series of articles shared in hate.’

It was believed that as a result of Mr Clarkson’s articles, Amazon Prime Video, a video-on-demand, and streaming site, will no longer renew seasons of The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm.

Variety, an American magazine publisher, also stated that Clarkson’s Farm might end with season 3, which is expected to come out in 2024. The Grand Tour could end after four of its special episodes air, the last one is expected to come out in late 2024 as well.

View attachment 11781
The streaming service reportedly cut ties with Jeremy Clarkson. Credit: Amazon Prime Video

Mr Clarkson, on the other hand, said he emailed both Harry and Megan on Christmas Day to apologise for his column in The Sun newspaper.

The gist of his piece in the newspaper said he dreamed of Meghan being ‘paraded naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her’. The article has since been removed from The Sun’s website.

This became the Independent Press Standards Organisation’s (IPSO) most complained-about article. IPSO is the regulator of the newspaper and magazine industry in the UK.

The Sun apologised and said it ‘regretted’ the publication of the piece, which had more than 25,000 IPSO complaints.

Mr Clarkson issued a statement on his social media channel and shared that his language in the column was ‘disgraceful’ and that he was ‘profoundly sorry’.

He wrote: ‘One of the strange things I've noticed in recent times is that whenever an MP or a well-known person is asked to apologise for something, no matter how heartfelt or profound that apology may be, it's never enough for the people who called for it in the first place.’

View attachment 11779
This is the public statement the broadcaster provided. Credit: Jeremyclarkson1/Instagram

He emphasised in the apology how regretful he was over the column he wrote. He said: ‘I really am sorry. All the way from the balls of my feet to the follicles on my head. This is me putting my hands up. It’s a mea culpa with bells on.’

Mr Clarkson told reporters that he usually reads what he’s written before filing, but on that fateful day, he said he was ‘in a hurry’. He explained that when he finished writing, he just ‘pressed Send’ and didn’t expect it to blow up the next day.

‘I knew what had happened straight away,’ he shared. Mr Clarkson also stated that he was thinking of a similar scene from the popular TV show Game of Thrones, but that he had ‘forgotten to mention’ this.

‘So, it looked like I was actually calling for revolting violence to rain down on Meghan’s head,’ he continued.

View attachment 11778
Mr Clarkson apologised to Harry and Meghan via private channels. Credit: Jeremyclarkson1/Instagram

The TV presenter described how his phone ‘went mad’ and how his close friends were furious over the incident.

In the wake of this issue, Mr Clarkson said he wrote to everyone he worked with and apologised, including to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The Sun quickly apologised and I tried to explain myself. But still, there were calls for me to be sacked and charged with a hate crime. More than 60 MPs demanded action be taken. ITV, who make Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Amazon, who make Clarkson’s Farm and The Grand Tour, were incandescent.’

Mr Clarkson said he will 'try' to be 'interesting and vigilant' at the same time in future columns.

The recent controversy over Jeremy Clarkson's column about the Duchess of Sussex is not an isolated incident. Unfortunately, hate articles are becoming an increasingly common occurrence in newspapers and magazines.

Studies have shown that hate speech is often found in articles relating to topics such as race, gender, and politics. There is also evidence to suggest that hate articles are often linked to the promotion of fake news.

This not only harms the public's perception of certain topics but can also lead to the spread of misinformation and the promotion of negative stereotypes.
Key Takeaways

• Harry and Meghan have rebuffed an apology from Jeremy Clarkson over his column about Meghan.
  • The apology from Mr. Clarkson was marked as Private and Confidential, but the couple has accused him of ‘spreading dangerous conspiracy theories, and misogyny’.
  • Amazon Prime Video will not be working with Clarkson beyond seasons of The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm that they have previously commissioned.
  • Clarkson has issued a long statement on his Instagram apologising for his column, saying the language he used was ‘disgraceful’ and he was ‘profoundly sorry’.
What can you say about this, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Since when stating the truth requires an apology, she is an objectionable woman of doubtful heritage

Reactions: Verdexon and Ricci

View attachment 11780

View attachment 11781

View attachment 11779

View attachment 11778

Key Takeaways

So it's ok for news outlets to keep broadcasting all the rubbish Harry keeps coming out with about his family, which is not just any ordinary family, it's the British Royal Family, but JC comes up with one of his usual remarks and everyone goes mad about it.🙄

He doesn't need Amazon Prime. There's now plenty of other media outlets for his programmes for him to choose from. Personally there's nothing on there to see that I'd ever want to pay extra for.

Every time Jeremy Clarkson opens his mouth just lately he puts his foot right in up to the knee. What's that well known saying, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"?! :rolleyes:

Reactions: MarieL
Clarkson has a history of being a dipstick and what he said was totally out of line regardless of what you think of Harry and Meghan.

Reactions: Ricci and MarieL

View attachment 11780

View attachment 11781

View attachment 11779

View attachment 11778

Key Takeaways

Jeremy Clarkson must also apologise to Meghan. In multiple articles, including one, where he is fantasizing about Meghan's funeral. Jeremy Clarkson calls Prince Harry "Harold" a name that was only found out after Harry's book "Spare" was released this month- " -Harold"- is a name only his family calls him! -All Jeremy Clarkson had to say was, “I’m sorry Meghan, what I wrote was wrong and I hope you can find a way to forgive me.”- but in his typical mysoginistic contemptable attitude Jeremy Clarkson only directed his apology to Harry !! Jeremy Clarkson doesn't think he has to actually apologise to Meghan Duchess of Sussex as he doesn't regard her as a real human being ...So he must also apologise to Meghan only! As it was a despicable vile insult to Meghan only!.- Also he'd written many more nasty hatefilled multiple articles on Meghan.
It’s very clear that Clarkson is getting info directly from the royal family PR department or possibly Camilla- as Jeremy Clarkson attended a gathering with Camilla the day before Clarkson wrote that disgusting article-? So it seems that the RF approve of Jeremy Clarkson hatefilled fantasy of “parading Meghan naked with excrement thrown at her ” - As they refuse to condemn it.? As Harry said "silence is betrayal"-
Royal Watchers never discussed Harry as Harold.. .
Jeremy's a sad nasty old hack who's refused to apologise to Meghan directly.
And he has the gall to wonder why they refuse his fake phony apology!
Even his daughter was repulsed by him!

I would add that I encourage everyone to read Harry's book" Spare" - Harry does not attack his family, on the contrary he writes loving funny memories of his father and brother plus Kate and actually even Camilla.! People will be surprised.
Who Harry does clearly attack are the toxic mendacious nasty nefarious media + the Buck Palace leaker, of which it's sadly clear Camilla is one. The British Tabloids have written negative nasty articles on Harry since he was a 14 yr child - that's child abuse. Harry has 38 yrs of the toxic gutter British Tabloids for 38 yrs. They never thought he'd be able to fight back re the Buck Palace gag!
It's why they're all in a frenzy now !

It's also a fascinating history fact book. I say that, because reading it you are reading history written in our life-time. !

Harry’s book is totally 5 stars it's an interesting account !
His main target is the British media.
It also gives us a glimpse of his relationships with his father and brother. The New York library has a year long waiting list to read " Spare"- Harry's book is has now hit the Guinness Book of records! It's a phenomenonal book which is a testament to Harry's global impact.

Attachments

• 20230114_172722.jpg
    20230114_172722.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 11780

View attachment 11781

View attachment 11779

View attachment 11778

Key Takeaways

Clarkson has a history of being a dipstick and what he said was totally out of line regardless of what you think of Harry and Meghan.
Well there were far worse comments made on this site about George Pell ...I don't remember you condemning any of those!!
Jeremy Clarkson must also apologise to Meghan. In multiple articles, including one, where he is fantasizing about Meghan's funeral. Jeremy Clarkson calls Prince Harry "Harold" a name that was only found out after Harry's book "Spare" was released this month- " -Harold"- is a name only his family calls him! -All Jeremy Clarkson had to say was, “I’m sorry Meghan, what I wrote was wrong and I hope you can find a way to forgive me.”- but in his typical mysoginistic contemptable attitude Jeremy Clarkson only directed his apology to Harry !! Jeremy Clarkson doesn't think he has to actually apologise to Meghan Duchess of Sussex as he doesn't regard her as a real human being ...So he must also apologise to Meghan only! As it was a despicable vile insult to Meghan only!.- Also he'd written many more nasty hatefilled multiple articles on Meghan.
It’s very clear that Clarkson is getting info directly from the royal family PR department or possibly Camilla- as Jeremy Clarkson attended a gathering with Camilla the day before Clarkson wrote that disgusting article-? So it seems that the RF approve of Jeremy Clarkson hatefilled fantasy of “parading Meghan naked with excrement thrown at her ” - As they refuse to condemn it.? As Harry said "silence is betrayal"-
Royal Watchers never discussed Harry as Harold.. .
Jeremy's a sad nasty old hack who's refused to apologise to Meghan directly.
And he has the gall to wonder why they refuse his fake phony apology!
Even his daughter was repulsed by him!

I would add that I encourage everyone to read Harry's book" Spare" - Harry does not attack his family, on the contrary he writes loving funny memories of his father and brother plus Kate and actually even Camilla.! People will be surprised.
Who Harry does clearly attack are the toxic mendacious nasty nefarious media + the Buck Palace leaker, of which it's sadly clear Camilla is one. The British Tabloids have written negative nasty articles on Harry since he was a 14 yr child - that's child abuse. Harry has 38 yrs of the toxic gutter British Tabloids for 38 yrs. They never thought he'd be able to fight back re the Buck Palace gag!
It's why they're all in a frenzy now !

It's also a fascinating history fact book. I say that, because reading it you are reading history written in our life-time. !

Harry’s book is totally 5 stars it's an interesting account !
His main target is the British media.
It also gives us a glimpse of his relationships with his father and brother. The New York library has a year long waiting list to read " Spare"- Harry's book is has now hit the Guinness Book of records! It's a phenomenonal book which is a testament to Harry's global impact.
Take off your WOKE Rose coloured glasses this is only his side of an ''exposé''..written for the sole purpose of making a quick buck!!

View attachment 11780

View attachment 11781

View attachment 11779

View attachment 11778

Key Takeaways

Well there were far worse comments made on this site about George Pell ...I don't remember you condemning any of those!!

Take off your WOKE Rose coloured glasses this is only his side of an ''exposé''..written for the sole purpose of making a quick buck!!

Reactions: Verdexon and Ricci
Evidently it was a game of thrones reference...distasteful but in typical JC fashion he was trying to be cynically funny. He has apologised for taking the movie reference too far...that should be enough. These two little Snowflakes (ginger and whinger)are prepared to dish out as much scorn as they can get away with but as soon as they cop something back they spit the dummy...typical of that generation!!
Had there been a similar comment made about Clarkson there wouldn't have been any criticism of That person....the hypocrisy from the WOKE knows no bounds. His only crime it would seem is that he is....
White,Male,Conservative,Successful and not of ''THEIR'' Tribe.