Aldi's New $15 Pad Thai Meal Kit Is Causing A frenzy Among Shoppers - Here's Why

Looking for an easy and delicious meal that won't break the bank? Look no further than ALDI's newest Pad Thai meal kit!

This budget-friendly meal kit, which retails for $14.99, includes everything you need to make a delicious and customisable Pad Thai dish, including noodles, sauce, vegetables, condiments, and protein.

You can also add your own spices and extras to the dish to tailor it to your taste.

t8ZvJ0EMT1EuP71-iFrwjPo6k9qVm_CTEuJVjAhoTUKmmS6TYiHevTqjFrw1qDT-LJkgpEseU6ej8jfV-7YQEnP_EOQRvwRQ0hbQR5SumU221k_KIVbMe8IMz62UcmHgphqukISMcYPm4ZgJ

The $15 Pad Thai meal kit from ALDI can feed a family of four because of its large serving size. Credit: Facebook.

The meal kit has been proving its popularity among shoppers, with one mum going viral on Facebook after sharing a photo of the "delicious find" from her local ALDI store.

"Thought we'd try the Pad Thai in a box tonight, may I say it was delicious," she wrote along with some photos of the meal kit.

"But note to self, don't put the whole bag of chilli in next time."

As much as shoppers seem to be enjoying the meal kit, some have found that the included chilli pack is a bit too spicy, so they recommend using only a portion of it.

One person wrote: "We had that for the first time last night. The servings were huge! It fed 3 of us with a bit of leftover. Yeah, definitely don’t need the whole pack of chilli."

"I agree, really yummy but I too put the whole bag of chilli. Found out it's way too much for me. Will definitely buy it again but will only use a small amount of the chilli," another added.

A third chimed in: "Yes delicious!!! But putting a whole bag of chilli is way too spicy."

"Literally just finished ours for dinner, it was delicious," another said.

OKlPQe4VAD2gENdiWysZAt_7qkS0C9QPP6a7QLrw_ONlnXhvimcGVkhq2FcxHARp5X737aSlXBMSUStJRLEj7inLkPOKZvzQdSYGea_8oz9Fc6nRImeMqwnWz8eDIdcoI_mljUD3VACtxKsU
r8JJv2f0AY8SfD4bQxtgSSq9htpX4Lbde4DK849Jewn8NxpIreVRdGZFzwuSVqUXqsI4Tt00BlqpfdMW9Cb1rZHlj3HqlOkS5xa8DvE0-zPf0NTlTpTIzzfx9PRzArMI9D8H6lH_zQ4mcFun

The contents of the Pad Thai meal kit. Credit: Facebook.

Meanwhile, others said that they haven’t been able to spot the item at their local ALDI stores.

One user wrote: "I tried looking for it last time I was there and I couldn't find it."

"Looking forward to trying this!! In SA and hasn't been in our local Aldi yet," another said.

A third asked: "Looks yummy. I haven’t seen them in WA, are they in the deli/cheese area?"

Overall, this seems like a great meal kit that offers a delicious and easy-to-make meal for a reasonable price.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you looking forward to trying this dish? Let us know in the comments below!

Also, for those who are looking to make their own Pad Thai at home, we recommend checking out this video where Chef Marion shares how you can recreate the classic Thai dish using pantry ingredients:

Credit: YouTube/Marion’s Kitchen

Pantry Pad Thai

Ingredients

• 150g thin dried rice stick noodles
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • ¼ red onion, finely diced
  • 150g chicken thigh, cut into small cubes
  • 2 eggs, lightly whisked
  • ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion
  • 1 tbsp roughly chopped roasted cashews
  • lime wedges, to serve
  • chilli powder, to serve (optional)

Method

Step 1
Soak the noodles in room temperature water for 20-30 minutes.

Step 2
In the meantime, for the pad Thai sauce, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring every so often, for 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly.

Step 3
When you’re ready to cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Have that boiling on the side.

Step 4
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the red onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Then add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked. Pour in the egg and straight away, remove your noodles from the room temperature water and add them to the side pot of boiling water. Allow noodles to cook for 10-20 seconds and then use tongs to transfer the noodles straight into the wok. Pour over the pad Thai sauce and toss the whole lot together until well combined. Toss through the spring onion.

Step 5
Divide among serving plates. Top with cashews and serve with a lime wedge and chilli powder, if using.

Source: Marion’s Kitchen

Reactions: Toyo, BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
I'd really love to try this but all the items that I have seen on SDC that are supposed to be available at Aldi I've never been able to find at either of the two Aldi stores closest to me. Maybe they are just not available in Queensland. Perhaps they think we don't cook!

Reactions: Ricci
Definitely going to look for this at my Aldi & give it a try. Pad Thai is one of our favourites.

I'd really love to try this but all the items that I have seen on SDC that are supposed to be available at Aldi I've never been able to find at either of the two Aldi stores closest to me. Maybe they are just not available in Queensland. Perhaps they think we don't cook!
I live in Rockhampton and we can get all of their meal packs here. In fact I have tried all of them and they are not only easy but yummy as well

Pad Tai is meant to have a bite to it, hence the chilli. If you cut back on the chilli you may as well be going to the local Chinese restaurant and asking for their toned down version

Looking for an easy and delicious meal that won't break the bank? Look no further than ALDI's newest Pad Thai meal kit!

This budget-friendly meal kit, which retails for $14.99, includes everything you need to make a delicious and customisable Pad Thai dish, including noodles, sauce, vegetables, condiments, and protein.

You can also add your own spices and extras to the dish to tailor it to your taste.

t8ZvJ0EMT1EuP71-iFrwjPo6k9qVm_CTEuJVjAhoTUKmmS6TYiHevTqjFrw1qDT-LJkgpEseU6ej8jfV-7YQEnP_EOQRvwRQ0hbQR5SumU221k_KIVbMe8IMz62UcmHgphqukISMcYPm4ZgJ

The $15 Pad Thai meal kit from ALDI can feed a family of four because of its large serving size. Credit: Facebook.

The meal kit has been proving its popularity among shoppers, with one mum going viral on Facebook after sharing a photo of the "delicious find" from her local ALDI store.

"Thought we'd try the Pad Thai in a box tonight, may I say it was delicious," she wrote along with some photos of the meal kit.

"But note to self, don't put the whole bag of chilli in next time."

As much as shoppers seem to be enjoying the meal kit, some have found that the included chilli pack is a bit too spicy, so they recommend using only a portion of it.

One person wrote: "We had that for the first time last night. The servings were huge! It fed 3 of us with a bit of leftover. Yeah, definitely don’t need the whole pack of chilli."

"I agree, really yummy but I too put the whole bag of chilli. Found out it's way too much for me. Will definitely buy it again but will only use a small amount of the chilli," another added.

A third chimed in: "Yes delicious!!! But putting a whole bag of chilli is way too spicy."

"Literally just finished ours for dinner, it was delicious," another said.

OKlPQe4VAD2gENdiWysZAt_7qkS0C9QPP6a7QLrw_ONlnXhvimcGVkhq2FcxHARp5X737aSlXBMSUStJRLEj7inLkPOKZvzQdSYGea_8oz9Fc6nRImeMqwnWz8eDIdcoI_mljUD3VACtxKsU
r8JJv2f0AY8SfD4bQxtgSSq9htpX4Lbde4DK849Jewn8NxpIreVRdGZFzwuSVqUXqsI4Tt00BlqpfdMW9Cb1rZHlj3HqlOkS5xa8DvE0-zPf0NTlTpTIzzfx9PRzArMI9D8H6lH_zQ4mcFun

The contents of the Pad Thai meal kit. Credit: Facebook.

Meanwhile, others said that they haven’t been able to spot the item at their local ALDI stores.

One user wrote: "I tried looking for it last time I was there and I couldn't find it."

"Looking forward to trying this!! In SA and hasn't been in our local Aldi yet," another said.

A third asked: "Looks yummy. I haven’t seen them in WA, are they in the deli/cheese area?"

Overall, this seems like a great meal kit that offers a delicious and easy-to-make meal for a reasonable price.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you looking forward to trying this dish? Let us know in the comments below!

Also, for those who are looking to make their own Pad Thai at home, we recommend checking out this video where Chef Marion shares how you can recreate the classic Thai dish using pantry ingredients:

Credit: YouTube/Marion’s Kitchen

Pantry Pad Thai

Ingredients

• 150g thin dried rice stick noodles
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • ¼ red onion, finely diced
  • 150g chicken thigh, cut into small cubes
  • 2 eggs, lightly whisked
  • ¼ cup finely sliced spring onion
  • 1 tbsp roughly chopped roasted cashews
  • lime wedges, to serve
  • chilli powder, to serve (optional)

Method

Step 1
Soak the noodles in room temperature water for 20-30 minutes.

Step 2
In the meantime, for the pad Thai sauce, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring every so often, for 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly.

Step 3
When you’re ready to cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Have that boiling on the side.

Step 4
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the red onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Then add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked. Pour in the egg and straight away, remove your noodles from the room temperature water and add them to the side pot of boiling water. Allow noodles to cook for 10-20 seconds and then use tongs to transfer the noodles straight into the wok. Pour over the pad Thai sauce and toss the whole lot together until well combined. Toss through the spring onion.

Step 5
Divide among serving plates. Top with cashews and serve with a lime wedge and chilli powder, if using.

Source: Marion’s Kitchen

Marion's Pantry Pad Thai Chicken looks great but there are no measurements for the sauce in the recipe