ALDI spoofs McDonald's and Domino's—leaving shoppers amused!

Ahh, ALDI—is there anything the discount supermarket can't do? Not only do they make budget-friendly shopping easier than ever, but they know how to bring the laughs, too!

That's right, shoppers have recently been left in stitches after ALDI, in a single day, managed to mock both McDonald's and Domino's!

The supermarket brand seemed to playfully mock the two fast-food titans using mobile advertisements, highlighting its comparable offerings.

This initiative started with a vehicle stationed outside a McDonald's outlet, seemingly in the UK, with a bold message on its exterior. The playful message stated: ‘Steve’s loving a Big Stack from ALDI.’

387826410_730716232417411_1319643332633978991_n.jpg
ALDI took a playful jab at McDonald's in their latest advertisement. Image source: Facebook (@AldiUK)

The advertisement displayed a man relishing a burger similar to a Big Mac, paired with a pack of frozen chips. Of course, the message is also a knock on their iconic tagline ‘I’m lovin’ it.’

A representative from ALDI also weighed in on the situation, remarking, ‘All we’re missing is an ice cream machine that never works.’

But while some would think one fast food giant is enough, ALDI had other plans. Later on, they made fun of a Domino’s shop, hinting at their expensive prices.

The ad displayed a man enjoying a pepperoni pizza slice with the words: ‘Dom knows a pizza that's a slice of the price’ next to him.

387748303_730673359088365_1360162911906001757_n.jpg
ALDI also cheekily teased Domino's Pizza in an advertisement. Image source: Image source: Facebook (@AldiUK)

The supermarket's antics have caused quite a reaction from the public.

‘You push your luck and it’s brilliant… Keep them coming,’ one individual remarked.

‘ALDI skating on thin ice since 1990,’ another chimed in.

‘Poking the lion again,’ observed a third, while someone else noted the humour would ‘take some topping.’

While many shoppers find humour in the cheeky advertising, ALDI has had issues due to its comparable items.

Last February, British retailer M&S settled with ALDI after a dispute regarding the copyright of its Colin the Caterpillar cake.

Potential legal troubles aside, we can't deny how funny the ads are!
Key Takeaways

• ALDI used mobile billboards to mock both McDonald’s and Domino’s with comical advertisements boasting about their similar but cheaper products.
  • The cheeky advertisements featured a man enjoying a burger resembling a Big Mac with frozen chips, and another man eating a slice of pepperoni pizza, both purchased from ALDI.
  • The supermarket's antics amused many shoppers, who found their cheeky marketing brilliant.
  • ALDI has previously run into issues with copyright over its similar products, as seen in its legal dispute with M&S over a caterpillar cake.
Out of curiosity, we'd love to hear what you think about ALDI's comedy-filled advertisements. Are they on the mark or much too cheeky? Members, share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Ahh, ALDI—is there anything the discount supermarket can't do? Not only do they make budget-friendly shopping easier than ever, but they know how to bring the laughs, too!

That's right, shoppers have recently been left in stitches after ALDI, in a single day, managed to mock both McDonald's and Domino's!

The supermarket brand seemed to playfully mock the two fast-food titans using mobile advertisements, highlighting its comparable offerings.

This initiative started with a vehicle stationed outside a McDonald's outlet, seemingly in the UK, with a bold message on its exterior. The playful message stated: ‘Steve’s loving a Big Stack from ALDI.’

View attachment 32285
ALDI took a playful jab at McDonald's in their latest advertisement. Image source: Facebook (@AldiUK)

The advertisement displayed a man relishing a burger similar to a Big Mac, paired with a pack of frozen chips. Of course, the message is also a knock on their iconic tagline ‘I’m lovin’ it.’

A representative from ALDI also weighed in on the situation, remarking, ‘All we’re missing is an ice cream machine that never works.’

But while some would think one fast food giant is enough, ALDI had other plans. Later on, they made fun of a Domino’s shop, hinting at their expensive prices.

The ad displayed a man enjoying a pepperoni pizza slice with the words: ‘Dom knows a pizza that's a slice of the price’ next to him.

View attachment 32284
ALDI also cheekily teased Domino's Pizza in an advertisement. Image source: Image source: Facebook (@AldiUK)

‘You push your luck and it’s brilliant… Keep them coming,’ one individual remarked.

‘Poking the lion again,’ observed a third, while someone else noted the humour would ‘take some topping.’

While many shoppers find humour in the cheeky advertising, ALDI has had issues due to its comparable items.

Last February, British retailer M&S settled with ALDI after a dispute regarding the copyright of its Colin the Caterpillar cake.

Key Takeaways

• ALDI used mobile billboards to mock both McDonald’s and Domino’s with comical advertisements boasting about their similar but cheaper products.
  • The cheeky advertisements featured a man enjoying a burger resembling a Big Mac with frozen chips, and another man eating a slice of pepperoni pizza, both purchased from ALDI.
  • The supermarket's antics amused many shoppers, who found their cheeky marketing brilliant.
  • ALDI has previously run into issues with copyright over its similar products, as seen in its legal dispute with M&S over a caterpillar cake.
Out of curiosity, we'd love to hear what you think about ALDI's comedy-filled advertisements. Are they on the mark or much too cheeky? Members, share your thoughts in the comments below!
Yes, it is high time someone took the mickey out of rising fast food prices and shrinking product sizes. Any chance they could do a send up of product shrinkage?

Totally agree, they don’t sell the best quality products
I shop around for instance Lettuce (I wrap them in alfoil so they last two weeks in the fridge) I get lettuce from Coles is always way cheaper and almost double in size. However, doing a comparable food shop for what I like (while having to purchase only known brands) is on average $35.00 more shopping anywhere than at Aldi, in my experience. And I personally will sacrifice a Brand name for equal quality anytime.

View attachment 32285

View attachment 32284

Key Takeaways

I would fix Mcdonalds' ice cream machine breaking down frequently.... had the same problem in our Wimpy franshise.

I shop around for instance Lettuce (I wrap them in alfoil so they last two weeks in the fridge) I get lettuce from Coles is always way cheaper and almost double in size. However, doing a comparable food shop for what I like (while having to purchase only known brands) is on average $35.00 more shopping anywhere than at Aldi, in my experience. And I personally will sacrifice a Brand name for equal quality anytime.
One thing springs to mind, but I know there are others. I buy Bega cheese slices and each one comes off in a whole piece. I bought from Aldi and I ended up with little pieces instead of a whole slice. Another was Philly cheese spreads easily but ALDI‘s brand tore the bread as it was so hard. I would rather pay a little more than buy things of lesser quality

Reactions: Ezzy and Pink lion
One thing springs to mind, but I know there are others. I buy Bega cheese slices and each one comes off in a whole piece. I bought from Aldi and I ended up with little pieces instead of a whole slice. Another was Philly cheese spreads easily but ALDI‘s brand tore the bread as it was so hard. I would rather pay a little more than buy things of lesser quality
Cheeeze that would upset me too.. in this instance I do agree as one needs to most definitely be selective when shopping these days.

When fuel and electricity prices come down I will no doubt pay no attention to what happens at the till but until then for me, its Aldi.
VIVE LA DIFFERRENCE..

Aldi vintage cheese slices NEVER goes into little pieces!!! It is just as good as any!!!

Reactions: Pink lion
Cheeeze that would upset me too.. in this instance I do agree as one needs to most definitely be selective when shopping these days.

When fuel and electricity prices come down I will no doubt pay no attention to what happens at the till but until then for me, its Aldi.
VIVE LA DIFFERRENCE..
Ha Ha Ha... prices of electricity and fuel will NEVER come down.... hell would freeze over first.... where Cole's advert chants Down Down down it will turn to Up Up Up

• Haha
Reactions: Pink lion