ALDI shoppers are loving this $50 Christmas gift idea

Christmas is a little over a month away and savvy shoppers are getting their lists ready (and checking them twice!) to make sure they don't forget anything (or anyone) come December 25th.

Looking for the right gift for a person can be quite a challenge, especially if that person is the artsy kind.

What do you give to make their inner Picasso or da Vinci jump in joy?

Well, lucky for you, we found the perfect solution: ALDI's Wooden Art Box Set!

The box features 151 pieces of various art materials such as colour pastels, oil and watercolour paints, paintbrushes, and felt-tip pens perfect for kids and grandkids (of an appropriate age).

The set, sold for $49.99, is set to hit ALDI shelves in time for the holidays.

The item will also be sold from November 9, only while stocks last, so be quick!

4522_SB_PD_388x314_45a.jpg
ALDI’s Wooden Art Box Set has many excited to use it as a holiday gift. Credit: ALDI

Upon ALDI’s announcement of its Wooden Box Set, hundreds took to social media to share their excitement for the find.

'Sounds perfect...if you ask me.' one woman said.

Another one added, 'I love this, I'll have to check them out.'

'I've got this, (it's) very handy to take away all in one case.' said a third.

Some shared their experiences with it as a gift.

One grandpa wrote, 'I bought three last year for the grandkids. Great value.'

A grandma also chimed in: 'I bought one each for my two granddaughters and they were a smash hit.'

And for others, the box set took them on a quick trip down memory lane.

One woman shared, 'This reminds me of the ones we used to get for Christmas as kids.'

'Getting this sort of thing...was the best.' another said.

Now, if you're on a tight budget and think $50 is something you can't let loose at the moment, don't worry!

ALDI has a more budget-friendly $29.99 Art Case, which comes with acrylic, watercolour, and oil paints, paint brushes, pencils, a mixing palette, and a mixing tray.

4522_SB_PD_388x314_44b.jpg
ALDI also has a more affordable $29.99 set of art materials. Credit: ALDI

You don't have to box yourself in with only these sets as gift options though.

Aside from art supplies, other great gift ideas for artistic people include blank canvases, books on art (check out your local secondhand bookshop), or even gift certificates to specialty shops to give them flexibility in choosing their own items.

While you think about what gifts to buy, you might want to check out these delicious treats from Woolies, or this Aussie mum’s amazing gift-wrapping technique sure to help you with awkwardly shaped items.

Key Takeaways

• Aldi is releasing a 151-piece wooden art box set that includes oil and watercolour paints, oil pastels, pencils, and other essentials for budding artists.
  • The set retails for $49.99 and will be available on November 9 while supplies last.
  • Social media users are excited about the release of the set, with many saying they remember getting similar sets as kids.
And if you want a laugh or two, you could take a look at this list of, er… odd items from a celebrity’s gift guide.

So, what do you think of these latest holiday offerings from ALDI? Are they something you’d consider giving as a gift?

Or maybe you have other gift ideas?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Source: YouTube/Irit Landgraf

Sponsored
If I had just one artistic bone in my body (which I don't) I would love one of these sets!:rolleyes:
Maybe you should challenge yourself you might be surprised what you can actually do. I would start off with sketching.

Hubby just tested positive to covid and isn't boosted. Thank goodness I had it first and don't have to worry catching it from him