ALDI shopper’s surprising ‘Nutella’ discovery

In today's world, it feels like goods are getting more and more expensive by the day. Everything from food to energy bills is skyrocketing faster than we can count.

This is why we’re always passionate about letting you know how to get the most bang for your buck. After all, everyone loves a good deal, right?

For Aussies on a budget, ALDI has always been a fan favourite when it comes to scoring bargains. And today’s story is no different.

A recent discovery by an ALDI shopper sparked quite the controversy after she found a jaw-dropping similarity between the ingredient lists of the original Nutella and ALDI’s version, Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread.

What's more, the budget-friendly option at ALDI costs just $2.49 for 400g, while the same size Nutella jar is priced at $5.70 at Woolworths and Coles – over double the price!

nutella1.jpg
The shopper compared the ingredients between the two products. Credit: Facebook

Sharing on a popular Facebook group, the shopper said: ‘Can’t believe it took me this long to switch.’

‘Been paying so much for Nutella only to find out now that ALDI’s chocolate hazelnut spread tastes the same and also has 13 per cent hazelnut in them! My kids said it tastes the same. No more paying double the price for me,’ she continued.

She mentioned that her friend believed the ALDI version might have recently ‘changed’.

‘A friend just told me that it used to taste different or not as good, but she recently had to buy the ALDI version again due to budget constraints, and she said it does taste very similar to Nutella now,’ the shopper explained.

‘Those of you who tried it the last time should try it again! Maybe it has changed!’

nutella2.jpg
The shopper shared some photos online as well. Credit: Facebook

And it seems that many social media users agree! Some of them have even said that ALDI's chocolate spread tastes nearly ‘identical’ to Nutella.

‘I totally agree! I had it AGES ago, and it tasted yucky and very different. Now it almost tastes the same as Nutella. I eat it straight from the container,’ raved one member.

Another chimed in: ‘Same! I bought it today, and it tasted identical.’

Yet another commented: ‘I buy it all the time. My kids love it. They never say it doesn’t taste like the Nutella brand.’

And for the ultimate test? A blind taste! One member revealed: ‘We did a blind taste test with my teenage daughter and her friend. Neither could tell the difference.’

‘Only just discovered this, and it tastes identical,’ another agreed.

However, a few weren't as convinced, saying they still preferred Nutella.

‘I don’t think it tastes the same. I’d love for it to be, but nope,’ countered one.

Another responded: ‘Definitely doesn’t taste the same for me (yep, even did a blind taste test) – but it’s still good! Just different. I much prefer the taste of Nutella, but if I feel like getting this one, I do.’

An ALDI spokesperson was thrilled to hear the positive reactions of so many shoppers.

‘Our exclusive range of products is specially curated to deliver the absolute best quality at the lowest possible price,’ the spokesperson said.

‘Customers simply don’t have to pick between quality and affordability when they shop at ALDI.’

‘We are always delighted when customers find an ALDI exclusive brand product they love, like Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread. Where applicable, we compare our products to “well-known” brands before they hit shelves to ensure that they taste just as good, if not better, and are always at a great price,’ the spokesperson explained.

‘Value for money without compromising on taste and quality is the ultimate win-win for Aussie shoppers.’

Key Takeaways
  • An ALDI customer discovered that Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread has an almost identical ingredient list to the original Nutella version.
  • The ALDI version costs $2.49 for a 400g jar, while the same size Nutella is priced at $5.70 at Woolworths and Coles.
  • Many Facebook users agreed that the two spreads taste 'identical’, while some still prefer Nutella.
  • An ALDI spokesperson said their products are curated to deliver the best quality at the lowest possible price, and they are delighted when customers find an ALDI-exclusive brand product they love.
So, members, have you tried ALDI's version of Nutella yet? What’s your verdict? Does it taste the same? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

If not, perhaps it's time to give it a go and see if your taste buds can tell the difference! With the dollars you save, you may just find yourself feeling a little bit sweeter.

Sponsored
Been buying this for some years now. First couple of jars seemed a little more runny than Nutella, now the improvement has us going straight for Bramwells at the cheaper price and we can no longer tell the difference. This product is not new; has she been hiding under a rock to have only just discovered this?

I shop at ALDI’s and Coles. Every week I try a different product from ALDI and I haven‘t found any I don’t like.

In today's world, it feels like goods are getting more and more expensive by the day. Everything from food to energy bills is skyrocketing faster than we can count.

This is why we’re always passionate about letting you know how to get the most bang for your buck. After all, everyone loves a good deal, right?

For Aussies on a budget, ALDI has always been a fan favourite when it comes to scoring bargains. And today’s story is no different.

A recent discovery by an ALDI shopper sparked quite the controversy after she found a jaw-dropping similarity between the ingredient lists of the original Nutella and ALDI’s version, Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread.

What's more, the budget-friendly option at ALDI costs just $2.49 for 400g, while the same size Nutella jar is priced at $5.70 at Woolworths and Coles – over double the price!

View attachment 21942
The shopper compared the ingredients between the two products. Credit: Facebook

Sharing on a popular Facebook group, the shopper said: ‘Can’t believe it took me this long to switch.’

‘Been paying so much for Nutella only to find out now that ALDI’s chocolate hazelnut spread tastes the same and also has 13 per cent hazelnut in them! My kids said it tastes the same. No more paying double the price for me,’ she continued.

She mentioned that her friend believed the ALDI version might have recently ‘changed’.

‘A friend just told me that it used to taste different or not as good, but she recently had to buy the ALDI version again due to budget constraints, and she said it does taste very similar to Nutella now,’ the shopper explained.

‘Those of you who tried it the last time should try it again! Maybe it has changed!’

View attachment 21943
The shopper shared some photos online as well. Credit: Facebook

And it seems that many social media users agree! Some of them have even said that ALDI's chocolate spread tastes nearly ‘identical’ to Nutella.

‘I totally agree! I had it AGES ago, and it tasted yucky and very different. Now it almost tastes the same as Nutella. I eat it straight from the container,’ raved one member.

Another chimed in: ‘Same! I bought it today, and it tasted identical.’

Yet another commented: ‘I buy it all the time. My kids love it. They never say it doesn’t taste like the Nutella brand.’

And for the ultimate test? A blind taste! One member revealed: ‘We did a blind taste test with my teenage daughter and her friend. Neither could tell the difference.’

‘Only just discovered this, and it tastes identical,’ another agreed.

However, a few weren't as convinced, saying they still preferred Nutella.

‘I don’t think it tastes the same. I’d love for it to be, but nope,’ countered one.

Another responded: ‘Definitely doesn’t taste the same for me (yep, even did a blind taste test) – but it’s still good! Just different. I much prefer the taste of Nutella, but if I feel like getting this one, I do.’

An ALDI spokesperson was thrilled to hear the positive reactions of so many shoppers.

‘Our exclusive range of products is specially curated to deliver the absolute best quality at the lowest possible price,’ the spokesperson said.

‘Customers simply don’t have to pick between quality and affordability when they shop at ALDI.’

‘We are always delighted when customers find an ALDI exclusive brand product they love, like Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread. Where applicable, we compare our products to “well-known” brands before they hit shelves to ensure that they taste just as good, if not better, and are always at a great price,’ the spokesperson explained.

‘Value for money without compromising on taste and quality is the ultimate win-win for Aussie shoppers.’

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer discovered that Bramwell’s Choc Hazelnut Spread has an almost identical ingredient list to the original Nutella version.
  • The ALDI version costs $2.49 for a 400g jar, while the same size Nutella is priced at $5.70 at Woolworths and Coles.
  • Many Facebook users agreed that the two spreads taste 'identical’, while some still prefer Nutella.
  • An ALDI spokesperson said their products are curated to deliver the best quality at the lowest possible price, and they are delighted when customers find an ALDI-exclusive brand product they love.
So, members, have you tried ALDI's version of Nutella yet? What’s your verdict? Does it taste the same? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

If not, perhaps it's time to give it a go and see if your taste buds can tell the difference! With the dollars you save, you may just find yourself feeling a little bit sweeter.
Not a Nutella fan but the Aldi Cornflakes, Choco rice, weetbix are the same as Kelloggs and Sanatarium and guess what they are cheaper 👍

Reactions: terri
Personally I think it (Nutella) tastes horrible but my wife loves it. 😕 She tells me she's bought the Aldi one before and liked it. Didn't even notice it on the trolley at the time. I also wouldn't have it as it seems there's 2 teaspoons of sugar in each serving. ☹️

As Aldi likes calling things by different names, they should have called it 'Notnutella'.👍