ALDI Recipe: Winner Winner 3-Ingredient Chicken Dinner!

Did you have an incredibly busy day, and now that it’s almost time for dinner, you have no idea what to make? Don't worry—we've all been there!

If ever you find yourself lacking the time (and the energy) to prepare and cook a meal, then allow us, your kind and friendly neighbours here at the SDC, to assist you.

Here, we're going to share a dish that's making waves in a lot of homes throughout Australia right now! Very little preparation is required, and you can get all you need in a single trip to the store.

On a popular Facebook group, hundreds of ALDI shoppers were sent into a frenzy over this three-ingredient Chicken and Rice dinner recipe that will surely satisfy the whole family.

The home cooks said all they need is ALDI's Boneless Butterflied Chicken—which comes in a variety of marinade flavours, including Spiced Mango, Greek Style and Spicy BBQ—a packet of rice, and some chicken stock to create the dish, and it's already a huge hit.

oLZS0ezkeo8XuAys_e-4maC7wWQOA_5I8XZjRv5fJOIo2y2zzj1pZQbOk1q0R-GBvtWf6o7BgmxxmQTgdWCgw1zu8ysK83aTcL2GrVwDtZlQjUuleUK4U76aP3cM7BIBx7mPn5NVKilVSXXMh3TFOOEXmYpA2O_iG0RviVXf8lLCi2YRpItS0K09jQ

Aussies are going crazy over the easy chicken and rice dish. Credit: Facebook.

Here's how to make it. For the ingredients, you will need:
  • 1 packet of ALDI Boneless Butterflied Chicken (any flavour you prefer)
  • 1 (or 2, depending on the number of people) cup/s of rice (basmati, jasmine, arborio and long grain are all suitable)
  • 2 cups of water or chicken stock
And here are the steps to follow:
  1. To start, pour a cup of rice across the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish, then top it with the uncooked chicken you bought from ALDI.
  2. After that, pour 2 cups of water or chicken stock over the rice and chicken.
  3. Once all the ingredients are in place, chuck the whole dish in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius (or until the chicken and the rice is cooked thoroughly). The rice should be cooked through but still have a little crunch on the edges and top, and the chicken skin should be golden brown.

And that's it, folks! With only three ingredients and three easy steps to follow, you can have a family-friendly weekday meal that everyone will surely love. The recipe is delicious, and the price is right; what more could we ask for?

On the Facebook group ALDI Mums, it seems that many others agree.

One mum commented on the recipe, saying she tried it for her family's dinner this week and she was surprised at the result. 'Jumped on the chicken and rice train; it came out perfect!'

Another fellow ALDI shopper added: 'I doubled it - family of six here. So two cups of rice and a litre of stock with jasmine rice. It was really yummy.' A third user joined the conversation and said, 'Did this with the Spicy BBQ Chicken, and it was amazing!'

'One of the yummiest and easiest meals I've ever made. The family loved it,' a fourth added.

This is your sign, folks! If you're looking for a quick and easy, family-friendly recipe, better save this article and keep it in your back pocket – you never know when you might need it!

Will you be trying this?

Sponsored
Did you have an incredibly busy day, and now that it’s almost time for dinner, you have no idea what to make? Don't worry—we've all been there!

If ever you find yourself lacking the time (and the energy) to prepare and cook a meal, then allow us, your kind and friendly neighbours here at the SDC, to assist you.

Here, we're going to share a dish that's making waves in a lot of homes throughout Australia right now! Very little preparation is required, and you can get all you need in a single trip to the store.

On a popular Facebook group, hundreds of ALDI shoppers were sent into a frenzy over this three-ingredient Chicken and Rice dinner recipe that will surely satisfy the whole family.

The home cooks said all they need is ALDI's Boneless Butterflied Chicken—which comes in a variety of marinade flavours, including Spiced Mango, Greek Style and Spicy BBQ—a packet of rice, and some chicken stock to create the dish, and it's already a huge hit.

oLZS0ezkeo8XuAys_e-4maC7wWQOA_5I8XZjRv5fJOIo2y2zzj1pZQbOk1q0R-GBvtWf6o7BgmxxmQTgdWCgw1zu8ysK83aTcL2GrVwDtZlQjUuleUK4U76aP3cM7BIBx7mPn5NVKilVSXXMh3TFOOEXmYpA2O_iG0RviVXf8lLCi2YRpItS0K09jQ

• 1 (or 2, depending on the number of people) cup/s of rice (basmati, jasmine, arborio and long grain are all suitable)
  1. To start, pour a cup of rice across the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish, then top it with the uncooked chicken you bought from ALDI.
  3. Once all the ingredients are in place, chuck the whole dish in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius (or until the chicken and the rice is cooked thoroughly). The rice should be cooked through but still have a little crunch on the edges and top, and the chicken skin should be golden brown.

And that's it, folks! With only three ingredients and three easy steps to follow, you can have a family-friendly weekday meal that everyone will surely love. The recipe is delicious, and the price is right; what more could we ask for?

One mum commented on the recipe, saying she tried it for her family's dinner this week and she was surprised at the result. 'Jumped on the chicken and rice train; it came out perfect!'

Another fellow ALDI shopper added: 'I doubled it - family of six here. So two cups of rice and a litre of stock with jasmine rice. It was really yummy.' A third user joined the conversation and said, 'Did this with the Spicy BBQ Chicken, and it was amazing!'

'One of the yummiest and easiest meals I've ever made. The family loved it,' a fourth added.

This is your sign, folks! If you're looking for a quick and easy, family-friendly recipe, better save this article and keep it in your back pocket – you never know when you might need it!

Will you be trying this?
Sounds pretty bland…vegetables ?????

I've tried this and it's excellent ! The whole point of this dish is to pop it all in one tray and bung it in the oven when you're short of time. You can add any kind of flavouring you like. With or without vegetables. It's very versatile. Try it 😃

One mighty problem for me is I don't eat rice ever. Even when I taught English in China I had only one meal of rice & which made me all the more determined to never eat rice again as a vegetable . yuck!

• Wow
Reactions: Macarj and Ricci

Will you be trying this?
I read comments before I made this and glad I did. I put in strips of sun dried tomatoes and sliced up three mushrooms. I wish I had added more to the rice as to be quite honest I found the dish quite bland. My husband made no comment at all If he had liked it he would have said so. I have yet to ask him LOL. I would make again but really add a lot more to the dish....i.e. olives, zucchini as well as a lot more sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms.

Reactions: Ricci