ALDI is taking us back to the 80s with this massive Christmas sale

What do you love most about Christmas? Is it spending time with family, decorating the tree, or tucking into some delicious holiday food?

For many of us here at the SDC, one of the best things about this time of year is getting to relive some of our favourite memories. Whether it’s watching a classic Christmas movie or slipping on a much-loved swimming gear that’s been stored away in the back of the wardrobe all year, there’s just something special about revisiting happy memories from Christmas days gone by.

And if you’re feeling extra nostalgic this holiday season, then we have some good news!

ALDI Australia has just announced their latest Special Buys sale, and it’s dedicated to everything 80s!

From neon-themed must-haves to old-school tech like boomboxes and rollerblades, 80s-inspired goodies are set to invade the supermarket chain's shelves.

4822_PD_388x314_11a.jpg

The range includes nostalgic items such as this $229 Boombox with a modern twist, allowing you to play music on them through your phone and other devices. Credit: ALDI.

If you're looking to head back in time (or simply show your grandchildren a glimpse of the past) then read on and start making a mental list – these nostalgic buys are not to be missed!

Here are the 80s-inspired items that you can get your hands on at ALDI:

Adult Roller Skates or Roller Blades ($49.99), available in a range of fun and attractive designs and sizes, place an order now, but these might not fit younger ones, so make sure you double-check the specs before you head home! For a little more protection, there is also a Protective Gear Set ($24.99) available.

80's Boombox with Cassette and CD player ($229), this nifty little device will essentially transport you back to the 1980s as it comes with a cassette and CD player, along with AUX, USB, and SD card slots. And if you and your grandkids are feeling brave enough to do some 80s karaoke, this is the gadget for you! It also has two mic inputs, so you can sing along with all your favourite pop hits and rock songs.

4822_PD_388x314_3a.jpg

These $49.99 Adult roller skates are also available. Credit: ALDI.

4822_PD_388x314_14a.jpg

Matchbox quizzes and games are also available. Credit: ALDI.

There's also a range of nostalgic trinkets that you can choose from, including mini arcade games, matchbox quizzes, retro mugs, and novelty soap on a rope.

Some keen ALDI fans have expressed their excitement over the range, with one user writing: 'I’m so down for those retro skates! I see so many people skating around by the beach and get so envious of how free they look but I’ve always stopped myself from buying them because of the price.'

'Cheaper ones from ALDI have me convinced it’s my time to shine!'

Another shopper added: 'I fell in love with Bono on a Boombox and I can't wait to relive this nostalgic decade again!'

'Roller skates are coming back into fashion as are most things from the 80s / 90s so this makes sense. Personally, if I knew where all my cassettes were, I’d probably get one of the boomboxes!' a third said.

A fourth commented: 'I seriously want allllll of these.'

Key Takeaways

• ALDI's latest Special Buys sale will be focused on all things 80s.
  • The range includes items such as roller skates, boomboxes and retro trinkets.
  • Fans are already excited about the range, with many saying they want to get their hands on everything.
  • The collection is available today, November 30.

If you're looking to get your hands on these nostalgic buys, then you might want to head out to your nearest ALDI stores now as the retailer is set to kick off the collection in its stores today, November 30.

Will these 80s-themed goodies be making an appearance on your Christmas shopping list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
What do you love most about Christmas? Is it spending time with family, decorating the tree, or tucking into some delicious holiday food?

For many of us here at the SDC, one of the best things about this time of year is getting to relive some of our favourite memories. Whether it’s watching a classic Christmas movie or slipping on a much-loved swimming gear that’s been stored away in the back of the wardrobe all year, there’s just something special about revisiting happy memories from Christmas days gone by.

And if you’re feeling extra nostalgic this holiday season, then we have some good news!

ALDI Australia has just announced their latest Special Buys sale, and it’s dedicated to everything 80s!

From neon-themed must-haves to old-school tech like boomboxes and rollerblades, 80s-inspired goodies are set to invade the supermarket chain's shelves.

4822_PD_388x314_11a.jpg

The range includes nostalgic items such as this $229 Boombox with a modern twist, allowing you to play music on them through your phone and other devices. Credit: ALDI.

If you're looking to head back in time (or simply show your grandchildren a glimpse of the past) then read on and start making a mental list – these nostalgic buys are not to be missed!

Adult Roller Skates or Roller Blades ($49.99), available in a range of fun and attractive designs and sizes, place an order now, but these might not fit younger ones, so make sure you double-check the specs before you head home! For a little more protection, there is also a Protective Gear Set ($24.99) available.

80's Boombox with Cassette and CD player ($229), this nifty little device will essentially transport you back to the 1980s as it comes with a cassette and CD player, along with AUX, USB, and SD card slots. And if you and your grandkids are feeling brave enough to do some 80s karaoke, this is the gadget for you! It also has two mic inputs, so you can sing along with all your favourite pop hits and rock songs.

4822_PD_388x314_3a.jpg

4822_PD_388x314_14a.jpg

There's also a range of nostalgic trinkets that you can choose from, including mini arcade games, matchbox quizzes, retro mugs, and novelty soap on a rope.

Some keen ALDI fans have expressed their excitement over the range, with one user writing: 'I’m so down for those retro skates! I see so many people skating around by the beach and get so envious of how free they look but I’ve always stopped myself from buying them because of the price.'

Another shopper added: 'I fell in love with Bono on a Boombox and I can't wait to relive this nostalgic decade again!'

'Roller skates are coming back into fashion as are most things from the 80s / 90s so this makes sense. Personally, if I knew where all my cassettes were, I’d probably get one of the boomboxes!' a third said.

Key Takeaways

• Fans are already excited about the range, with many saying they want to get their hands on everything.

If you're looking to get your hands on these nostalgic buys, then you might want to head out to your nearest ALDI stores now as the retailer is set to kick off the collection in its stores today, November 30.

Will these 80s-themed goodies be making an appearance on your Christmas shopping list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
I hope the grumpy old man T-shirt in big sizes 1 definitely coming home to my home

4822_PD_388x314_11a.jpg

4822_PD_388x314_3a.jpg

4822_PD_388x314_14a.jpg

Key Takeaways

not at those prices thankyou, I will happily go without the lot

Reactions: Ricci
I've just been taken back to childhood.
For years, I desperately wanted some roller skates. All the neighbours had them, and were willing to lend theirs to me at different times.
Finally, Mum got a bit together, and my turn came for my choice of gift.
Mum ordered the metal Dunlop roller skates from Melbourne Sports Depot.....the only place in Melbourne to buy good quality sports goods, not toys.
There were none in stock, as there'd been a Stevedore strike on the wharves, and nothing was being unloaded.
Unfortunately, the strike continued for another 8 months.
Finally, my roller skates arrived, but I was a High School by then, and the craze had died down.
I still used my roller skates +++ back then, I lived them despite waiting years for them.
I still have them.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the radio works off of the mains? I looked to see but all it said was that it run off of D batteries. If it does run from the mains I might look at it, I don't have a radio and this one does seem to have all the bells and whistles. :)

Ricci, one would hope it has a power cord to plug in.
I've looked at the details, but can't see any reference to one.
But in the data, it says 2x 10W RMS power output.
Does this mean it's plug-in?
Wish I knew for you.
I'd be taking a trip to Aldi, if possible, and having a look.
They have been released today, so they may all sell out today.
Any item purchased at Aldi can be returned within 60 days if it doesn't measure up Screenshot_20221130-115003.pngScreenshot_20221130-115304.png

@JayKay and @Ricci
I believe the "2x 10W RMS power output." reference is to the speaker (sound) outputs, and not the actual requirement to power up the device.
I'd suggest that at $299.00, it will most certainly have a mains input.
Cheers.

@JayKay and @Ricci
I believe the "2x 10W RMS power output." reference is to the speaker (sound) outputs, and not the actual requirement to power up the device.
I'd suggest that at $299.00, it will most certainly have a mains input.
Cheers.
Thank you for your response.
Ricci has seen it, so that's what's important.
I hope that helps her in deciding whether to try to get a player.

Reactions: AAM and Ricci
All I have to do now is consult the Piggy Bank!! :)
I think you deserve a treat for yourself, provided Piggy says yes.
If you go ahead, you have 60 days to see if it lives up to your expectations. If not, for whatever reason, you can return it to Aldi, no questions asked.
Happy shopping, hopefully.