Aldi fans are going wild over this $4.99 easy-to-make truffle treat

Aldi fans are going wild over this $4.99 easy-to-make truffle treat
Aldi had fans going wild over the re-release of Aldi’s famous Mushroom & Truffle Flavoured Potato Gratin which you can get your hands on for only $4.99.

We all know that adding the ever-sought-after truffle to any food item levels up the flavour of that dish. That is why it is no surprise that each time Aldi releases a dish with truffle in it, fans flock to the stores to get the treats for themselves.

ytz6DszOUtdVMlExYsht_hn14YUiB7ZVkKCHqK4Jlt0EyxtItYxaN-4KZwR4MT2SlO1ARYHQy35-xNlLa7PkMZZJp4HpvqtqpXHWSi3bayaDKP0kWFkQbCTkW0oKdbW5yK0OeEI=s1600

This $4.99 Mushroom & Truffle Flavoured Potato Gratin had Aldi fans wild. Credit: Aldi.
TikTok user and Aldi fan, @emilyclairwebster, took to TikTok to share a clip of her reviewing Aldi's mushroom and truffle potato gratin.

The clip, which amassed over 1000 likes, shows the TikTok user popping the potato gratin in the airfryer at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, saying "they come out so beautifully crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside".

The Aldi fan also called the treats 'delicious' and suggested that this potato gratin makes a great snack or side dish.

The highly sought-after treat did not only go viral on TikTok, with Facebook users also singing their praises for the product.

"Loved this! Tasted like an expensive side dish. Please keep these in store, I want to add them to my Xmas menu," one person said on Aldi's Facebook page.

Another added: "Ohhh yes yes yes!! Finally back in store at Aldi. Picked up 4 boxes today. 6th October 2021. Thank yooooouuu Still the same price as last year at $4.99! Stock up people, whilst stocks last!!"

"I have told so many people about these," a third wrote. "They are insanely delicious!!!"

Aside from the Mushroom & Truffle Potato Gratin, fans are also raving about other Aldi truffle-flavoured dishes including the porcini mushroom, truffle triangoli, and truffle mustard.

Facebook users expressed their love for the treats in the Aldi Mum's Facebook group.

"Love the truffle mustard!! Amazing on toasted ham and cheese sandwiches," one mum wrote.

Aldi stocks a range of truffle-flavoured delights, both regularly or for special buys, which include truffle brie, truffle paste, scotch steak with mushroom and truffle butter, and truffles-in-a-jar.

Yb0fJIEEpSzB2c-hhRUuLsoNzF5PBs8f0WI6NMEpnbGUv82uC5ivDmM67Sxt0p5MDwVStpVmAsezflB4Uj9uTfXepqiaKGfQkwnJ8Z46cNrE0fDZRkmmLILWaMkLPdqfnQ4UaRU=s1600

Aldi stocks their stores with a collection of truffle-flavoured food items which are available either on a regular basis or for special buys. Credit: Getty Images.

But what's the fuss about the ever-sought-after truffle?

Food futurologist Morgaine Gaye told The Guardian: "Truffle has that umami, savoury profile you see in miso and tahini."

"It's part of this shift away from sweetness towards more exotic, savoury flavours – and it’s part of the rising interest in the health benefits of fungi," the expert added.

Will you try Aldi’s truffle-flavoured treats? Tell us in the comments below.

Sponsored
I've also never tried it! I always thought it was too expensive but I'm going to try now that this is available :D

I don't think so it says truffle "flavored"...so what are the ingredients/chemicals (or numbers) that mimic and make up the flavor

Reactions: Larry10 and Angie
I don't think so it says truffle "flavored"...so what are the ingredients/chemicals (or numbers) that mimic and make up the flavor
@Jude you’re absolutely right I should’ve read more carefully 😳 that must be why it’s so cheap