ALDI coffee wins ‘world’s best’ at the 2024 Golden Bean Awards!

The Golden Bean Awards is a prestigious event that recognises the best coffee beans from around the globe.

This year, a humble supermarket brand from Australia has taken the international coffee scene by storm.

ALDI Australia's Lazzio coffee beans claimed the top spot in the Large Chain category at the 2024 World Series of the Golden Bean Awards.

While the coveted coffee brand has been a five-time winner at the Australian Golden Bean Awards, this is the first time it has clinched an international title, beating out competition from larger, more established coffee chains.

Photo_20240301_081550_0000.png
ALDI’s Lazzio coffee beans won the 2024 World Series of the Golden Bean Awards. Credit: ALDI Unpacked

In 2022, ALDI’s Lazzio coffee also won the Overall Large Chain Champion in the Golden Bean Award.

The award-winning Lazzio range includes medium and dark coffee beans, organic ground coffee, single-origin beans from Brazil and Colombia, and a new premium coffee blend called Lazzio Luxe Blend Beans ($21.99).

Despite the international recognition, the prices for these world-class beans start from $4.99, making them an affordable luxury for coffee lovers.

Daniel Quinlan, ALDI Australia’s Coffee Buying Director, expressed his pride in the achievement, attributing the win to the company's close involvement with quality supplier partners.

'As a nation obsessed with its coffee, we’re proud to partner with Black Bag Roasters to bring locally roasted, award-winning, world-class coffee to our customers,' he said.

‘Adding to our golden trophies with this World Series is another nod to the quality we work hard to deliver to our customers by working closely with the best supplier partners.’

Black Bag Roasters, the Melbourne-based business behind the roasting of Lazzio coffee beans, was equally thrilled with the recognition.

Director Lance Brown said, 'Our nine-year partnership with ALDI continues to take us to new heights, and we couldn’t be more pleased with this result.'

Florida-based coffee company Haven Coffee Roasters was the overall champion for the best coffee at the World Series event.
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI Australia's Lazzio coffee beans have won the title of the world’s best coffee beans produced by a large chain at the 2024 Golden Bean Awards World Series.
  • The coffee is roasted by Melbourne's Black Bag Roasters, and this is the first time it has won an international title despite previous national successes.
  • The Lazzio range includes various coffee options, such as medium and dark roast beans and a new premium coffee blend called Lazzio Luxe Blend Beans.
  • ALDI Australia and Black Bag Roasters have expressed pride and gratitude for the international recognition, highlighting their commitment to quality and strong partnership.
Do you like drinking coffee? Have you tried ALDI’s Lazzio Coffee range? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Coffee is not my cup of ☕️ tea😉but my son is a coffee connoisseur so will pass the info onto him, thank you.

I raced out yesterday and bought one of the light and dark roast varieties to compare with my current Lavaza dark blend. Fixed up the gaggia machine, poured a glass of each and had the soda water in between tastings. Found the aldi light to be watery, the dark to be ok, but left an unpleasant aftertaste and the Lavaza to be the winner, hands down. I don’t know what the panel of judges consists of, but not true coffee lovers. My views only. Try it out

• Haha
Reactions: siameezer
I've been drinking the Dark variety for more than a year now and I love it.

yes i have tried most of these we like it strong so the Dark ones were good just on the last of the Luxe Blend which isn't pictured but is by Lazzio its a blend of the Peru & Colombia beans and is also very good.
i would recommend them as well and at the price
I raced out yesterday and bought one of the light and dark roast varieties to compare with my current Lavaza dark blend. Fixed up the gaggia machine, poured a glass of each and had the soda water in between tastings. Found the aldi light to be watery, the dark to be ok, but left an unpleasant aftertaste and the Lavaza to be the winner, hands down. I don’t know what the panel of judges consists of, but not true coffee lovers. My views only. Try it out
its all a matter of taste and we all have different tastes otherwise there would only be one supplier in the world !! I might try the Lavaza you never know if you don't try

No, but I will! Heard last night on tv that coffee will be $6 a cup or even more soon. Well I refuse to pay that. I do not drink much coffee...only one a day so I will have it for breakfast as I normally do.

Reactions: maherdj
I’ve tried Lazzio and it’s really good, but I prefer their coffee machine and pods even better (to the extent that I am usually disappointed if drinking coffee out) .

I used to use ''LAVAZA'' WHEN ON SPECIAL. & sometimes ;;VITTORIA' these days i have been using ''LAZIO'' from ALDI. AROUND $12 I can't tell the difference between LAZIO & LAVAZA & LAVAZA IS USUALLY AROUND $40----LONG LIVE LAZIO.

Reactions: magpie1