ALDI ‘grate’ again: Supermarket chain wins big at Australia's dairy awards

When it comes to dairy, Australians know their cheese from their chalk.

And this year, one major supermarket chain has proven to be the big cheese, securing multiple accolades at Australia's prestigious annual dairy awards.

The recognition underscores the supermarket's dedication to excellence in its dairy product offerings, showcasing that great taste doesn't have to come with a hefty price tag.

ALDI's triumph at the annual Dairy Industry Association of Australia awards was a testament to the supermarket's commitment to providing top-notch dairy products that won't break the bank.

With seven national golds and 11 silver gongs, ALDI's cheese selection under $10 has left competitors trailing behind, much to the delight of cheese lovers across the nation.

Snip20240514_13-2048x685.png
ALDI Australia won 18 awards at the Dairy Industry Association of Australia awards. Credits: Dairy Industry Association of Australia

The star of the show was ALDI's Emporium Selection Persian Fetta 180g, priced at $3.99, which clinched gold in the Best Fetta Style category.

However, the accolades didn't stop there. ALDI's Emporium Selection Cheese Fetta Marinated 350g, at $6.49, took home the title for Best Fetta Cheese (marinated), proving that a little extra flavour goes a long way.

For those who prefer a firmer bite, the Westacre Dairy Cheese Block Parmesan 200g, retailing for $5.99, was crowned the Best Very Hard Cheese (retail portion pack).

Meanwhile, for sandwich enthusiasts, the Westacre Dairy Cheese Slice IWS Light and Original, both priced at $3.99, shared the glory in the Best Cheddar Cheese (processed) category.

Shane Aitken, Buying Director at ALDI Australia, couldn't contain his pride, stating, ‘We're incredibly proud that our cheese and dairy offerings have been recognised as one of the highest quality products in Australia.’

‘All of these awards are a testament to our local supplier partners that work hand-in-hand with us to deliver our range to customers. The incredible cheese range we have here at ALDI continues to be one of the most loved aisles in our stores, bringing our customers great quality products at our everyday low prices.’

‘Of the winning cheeses, my personal favourite is ALDI’s Emporium Selection Cheese Fetta Marinated, sprinkled on top of some avocado toast for a Sunday brunch,’ he shared.

The Emporium Selection range, in particular, seemed to be a judges' favourite, with the Triple Cream Brie 200g ($4.99), Double Cream Camembert 200g ($4.99), and the Camembert 125g ($2.49), all securing silver awards.

Even ALDI’s most expensive cheese entry, the $9.99 Emporium Selection Goat’s Cheese marinated, didn't go unnoticed, also winning silver.

This remarkable achievement came hot on the heels of ALDI’s announcement last week about the launch of ALDI Insurance, a ‘global first’ initiative offering Comprehensive Car and Home and Contents Insurance.

It seems ALDI is determined to spread its ‘Good Different’ philosophy beyond the grocery aisles into the realm of everyday financial products.
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI Australia clinched 18 prizes at the Dairy Industry Association of Australia awards, highlighting the quality of their cheese and dairy products.
  • The supermarket's cheeses under $10 received significant recognition, with products such as Emporium Selection Cheese Fetta Persian and Emporium Selection Cheese Fetta Marinated claiming gold awards.
  • ALDI's commitment to quality and partnership with local suppliers is credited for their success at the awards.
  • The win at the dairy awards follows ALDI's announcement of launching ALDI Insurance in Australia, offering products like Comprehensive Car and Home and Contents Insurance.
Have you already indulged in any of ALDI's champion cheeses? Are you curious to see if these award-winners live up to the hype? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
I concur. Aldi cheeses and dairy products are that far ahead of the mainstream supermarkets its seems unbelievable. I refuse to buy much of the offerings from the others due to total lack of flavour and texture. Quality of cheeses jn this country have severely diminished due to the inability to allow cheeses to age mature or ripen. In reality demand has become the rogue here. Well done Aldi, a big pat on the back to you.

I concur. Aldi cheeses and dairy products are that far ahead of the mainstream supermarkets its seems unbelievable. I refuse to buy much of the offerings from the others due to total lack of flavour and texture. Quality of cheeses jn this country have severely diminished due to the inability to allow cheeses to age mature or ripen. In reality demand has become the rogue here. Well done Aldi, a big pat on the back to you.
I agree too .

Other supermarkets are selling top-quality cheeses. Also, I don't believe they should step into the insurance market though as there are a lot of insurance firms now.

I'm looking forward to the Aldi insurance business. Hopefully more honest premiums.
Aldi insurance is backed by RACQ, so you will find many of the same benefits and downfalls as with them.. Also certain coverages, entitlements will vary from RACQ due to prices offered by ALDI

The Aldi, Marinated Persian Fetta, is the best. I make sure l have some in the Fridge all the time. The taste is exceptional and value for money.

Reactions: janma and Jo Piper3