ALDI’s new bread creates divide among shoppers: ‘Look at that pull’

The world of grocery shopping is always full of surprises, especially when supermarkets like ALDI introduce exotic flavours to their aisles.

The latest product to cause a stir among Australian shoppers is ALDI’s limited edition cheese bread.

But the question on everyone's lips is: will this gluten-free snack be a hit or a miss at your dinner table?

The Urban Eats Brazilian Style Cheese Bread, priced at $5.99 for a 450g package, has been available in ALDI’s freezer section since April, and it's already garnered a fair amount of attention on social media.

Cassidy, a social media personality, was among the first to share her discovery. 'You’re telling me that this has been in the freezer aisle at ALDI this entire time, and I didn’t know,' she exclaimed in her video.

image (2).jpg
ALDI’s Brazilian Style Cheese Bread has become the talk of the town. Credit: @foodstuffthings (left) and @cassidyyparer (right) / Tiktok

‘Today was the first time that I actually had a proper look in the freezer,’ she said.

After trying the product, Cassidy was impressed, especially considering it's a gluten-free option. She described the cheesy inside as 'very chewy' and overall deemed it 'pretty good'.

Another social media personality, @foodstuffthings, was equally enamoured with the cheesy bread, comparing the texture to a savoury and cheesy mochi.

‘These Brazilian cheese breads from ALDI Australia are a new favourite at our place,’ they said.

'They might not look the prettiest, but [...] they’re addictive! Just look at that cheese pull.’

However, not all feedback has been glowing.

While some social media users have echoed the positive sentiments, with comments like 'Yes, the best' and 'Yum, love these,' others have been less than impressed.

‘I hated these until I was told to put salt on them,’ one person commented.

Others didn't hold back their disappointment, with blunt critiques like 'There are not nice' and 'Yuck, not nice.'

Kylie Warnke, ALDI’s shopping expert, has weighed in on the matter, highlighting that the Limited Time Only range is a 'fantastic way' to introduce new product innovations and revisit customer favourites.

‘With ready-to-go meals, fresh meal kits, and frozen heroes, this curated range was developed with customers in mind to help ease weeknight cooking with affordable, high-quality options,’ she said.

You can watch Cassidy’s video below:

Credit: @cassidyyparer / TikTok

In a similar story, ALDI Australia clinched 18 prizes at the Dairy Industry Association of Australia awards, highlighting the quality of their cheese and dairy products.

The supermarket's cheeses under $10 received significant recognition, with ALDI remaining committed to quality and partnership with local suppliers. You can read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI has introduced a limited edition of Urban Eats Brazilian Style Cheese Bread, garnering mixed reviews from shoppers.
  • The Gluten-free cheese bread is priced at $5.99 and has been available in ALDI’s freezer aisle since April.
  • While some shoppers shared positive reviews on social media, others expressed disappointment, suggesting that the product requires additional seasoning like salt.
  • ALDI shopping expert Kylie Warnke highlighted the Limited Time Only range as an innovative and customer-centric product offering aimed at providing affordable and high-quality meal solutions.
Have you had the chance to try ALDI’s Brazilian Style Cheese Bread? Did it become an instant hit at your home, or did it fail to impress? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
Do you know the salt content of these products?
Not when I commented, I went on my gut feeling. I looked it up and what I found is 1 teaspoon, I am assuming per pack. That sounds like a lot of salt to me, so wouldn't want to add more. Other similar products are stating 13% sodium. That along with the fat contents was enough for me.🍎

Heinz Classic Creamy Tomato Soup contains 360mg of sodium per 100g which equates to 915mg of sodium chloride per 100g. While Heinz Tomato Ketchup has 900mg per 100g or 2288 mg of sodium chloride per 100g!

The figure of 13% sodium seems way over the top.