Xe

Oct 7, 2021
AIBU for asking my boyfriend to check on my bedridden mother?

I recently came into a situation where my bedridden mother had to move in with me (21f) and my boyfriend (22m). From the beginning, he did tell me that he wasn’t going to help with her in any way shape or form, and I respected that. I’ve never asked him to do anything for her. My mother is a lot, she needs help with everything, going to the bathroom, showering, eating, etc….

For some backstory, I work full time while my bf is a stay-at-home dad to our 8-month-old. Anyways, today, after I had already left to work my mom ended up leaning too far down on her bed and could not breathe. She does not have the strength to sit herself back up so she started calling out for my bf so he could give her a hand to sit up. He heard her and chose to ignore her. This led to her having to throw herself off the bed to be able to breathe again.

I got home to get 8 hours later and she was crying on the floor. She told me what happened and I immediately went off on my boyfriend and he defended himself saying that he told me he wasn’t going to help her at all but I was asking him if it was really too much to ask for him to check on her to make sure she’s not dying when she calls him. AIBU?

Source: AmItheAsshole/comments/qrac2i

Not unreasonable at all, what an lazy arsehole you have teamed up with... poor choice girl! :rolleyes: Cheers all round for your work ethic, carer for Mum plus working all day, while he cares for an 8 month old. Tell him to get a job and stay at home yourself!

Reactions: Defiant540