SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
AIBU 28.06.2024

AIBU, which stands for 'Am I Being Unreasonable', is the perfect platform for sharing your thoughts and opinions! So, for today's AIBU discussion, we have this story from Reddit/Basurero_moral:

Am I being unreasonable for telling my wife she's making my life harder than it needs to be?

'So, here's the deal: I'm 30, and my wife, who's 32, is pregnant with our second child. It's a high-risk pregnancy, so she's been bedridden for the past two months. I work from home with flexible hours, so I've been juggling taking care of her, our toddler, the house, and my job.

Lately, my wife has been more demanding, asking for time-consuming things or just distractions like going to the store for ice cream, changing her pillows, or playing with our kid like usual. I told her I needed to focus on work because I hadn't been meeting my 8-hour work quota due to all the extra tasks, plus cooking and childcare.

Today, I had an important meeting and asked her not to disturb me. Somehow, she caused a short circuit that fried the bedroom TV, panicked, and made our kid panic too. She started bleeding from the stress. I had to cut my meeting short, got reprimanded at work, checked for more damage, calmed our kid, and cleaned up my wife.

I'm the sole breadwinner, and money is tight, so I got stressed about possibly losing my job and snapped at her. I asked why she had to make things so difficult for me. She started crying, called me an a*****e, and then called her parents, who came and took her away, calling me an a*****e too.

I get that pregnancy, especially high-risk, is tough. But I only asked for an hour of uninterrupted time. Was that too much to ask? Am I being unreasonable?'

We're eager to hear your perspectives, members! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.

• Haha
Reactions: BJM