SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jonathan Leane

Jonathan Leane

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2021
Afternoon Send Survey Results

G’day Members.

As you may recall, last week we sent out a survey asking for your opinion on the merits of an afternoon send. Over 5000 of you generously took the time to take the survey, so we wanted to summarise the results and keep you posted on what our plans are.

Findings:

Nearly 2/3rds of respondents were interested in receiving an afternoon send:

_MqVfJjdinkWenkP855Nl0TPnYqyAsBzTHZbqTLSrV1JHHSHJzDG7CpmS6NRuGucvd7QOgDy0PB2du6Ms0fqj2URYYYvDcfVad_mZxTokZkhLN-8w1g70UmyPBOGKOYqA8VNyK_2

This was a pleasant surprise for us… We had decided amongst ourselves that if less than 50% of you didn’t like the idea, we’d park it for the time being. The fact that it was overwhelmingly positively received gives us the confidence to make an afternoon send happen sooner rather than later.

However we also note that a significant minority of you - 36.6% - are happy with receiving just the daily morning send. Based on these results, we’re thinking of making the afternoon send opt-in only… i.e. you’ll only receive it if you explicitly sign up for it. We’ll also make it very easy for you to opt out of the afternoon send if you change your mind.

The vast majority of you aren’t fussed on exactly when the afternoon send comes through:

ws2QhZxFZVZbW7jrDU6BX9Qwbj4nUEnBgYc0xx75LIE7U41-fYGJ2dmrv-LuNbAwtCw-PJYO4_cEBcygfpb3gUpwdeK_biRquqLy3UqQ2Vkd-f0Sz3YriCejuJkNZwlPiTGhesFx

The next most popular time bracket was 3–4pm, followed closely by 2-3pm, and 4-5pm. Based on these findings we’ll probably aim to send the afternoon send through at around 3pm every day.

Recipes and TV / Movie recommendations were both a big hit:

bWNLApN75TpyAxTtavfb5x-jP7N1p-TV_aAVadZlEgqfelhwQn7_9xOxAZDCookUzrP5gC_qoXR0qW9fubR2rUdypKKAYqd_TVCBpmdqFmsbYUcHFcdtZ9S9LQnnv3iwULH5-sL8

2/3rds of people who replied to this question want to see recipes and TV / Movie recommendations in the afternoon send. The next most popular sections requested were local petrol prices, more jokes and trivia, a fact of the day, more articles, and more deals.

Finally, we asked whether there was anything you think we could be doing better, or any other ideas you'd like to share.

Most of you said no, or gave us a compliment (thank you!). A few of you said that your inboxes were really full already, and that a second daily send would be overwhelming. We’ll make sure to take this on board - we hear you loud and clear and don’t want to bombard you with emails that you don’t want to receive.

So to summarise - it looks like a majority of you would be interested in an afternoon send. Having said that, there’s also a large minority who, quite understandably, would find two sends a day overwhelming. We’ll therefore make sure that the afternoon send is opt in only and/or very easy to unsubscribe from.

We’ll have a think about all this and start working on a couple of mockups of what the afternoon send could look like.

We’ll keep you posted on our progress.

I can hardly wait for an afternoon newsletter. I'm so glad that there were enough people like me who want one so that you have decided to go ahead with one. My morning SDC newsletter makes my day. Now I'l have one to make my afternoon too. If you send the feed at about 3pm it would be great to include a quick healthy meal suggestion that I could use that night.

@Joyem @leanneh you have both made my day ❤️ I have also just shared your comments with the rest of the SDC team. This is such wonderful feedback and I am so, so happy that you're both loving our daily newsletters. This community has made our lives so much better, and we are so lucky to have people like the both of you in it. So thank you for joining!

Also @leanneh with your recipe suggestion we are onto it! Something we have wanted to have in our newsletters for a while is a budget and health friendly daily recipe, so we are working behind the scenes on it! :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: Chris
I am so happy you have decided to issue an afternoon newsletter. It is a great way to feel connected with others, and is also entertaining and informative. Thank you to all of you!

As a night person, I usually see mine in the afternoon anyway. Just as long as we get our great email every day as you currently do. I do think you can have a break on weekends and public holidays as if we have missed a day during the week, we can catch those up anyway. Love the whole thing. Roses to you all

• Love
Reactions: Jonathan Leane
I am so happy you have decided to issue an afternoon newsletter. It is a great way to feel connected with others, and is also entertaining and informative. Thank you to all of you!
I missed survey, I really look forward to the Mornings and would luv to see afternoon's, maybe Monday Wednesday Fridays, just a thought, keep up the great work🇦🇺👍

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I missed survey, I really look forward to the Mornings and would luv to see afternoon's, maybe Monday Wednesday Fridays, just a thought, keep up the great work🇦🇺👍
Interesting @Singomate thank you for the feedback! We are currently working on our Afternoon newsletter template, so when it is ready for sending (which is still a little bit away) we will consider three afternoons a week!