After stealing from a hardworking uni student, the thief left a 'mocking' note

These days it seems like theft has become more and more common, with people breaking into homes, cars and even public places in broad daylight to rob innocent victims of their hard-earned possessions.

It's a real shame, and it just goes to show that you can't let your guard down for a second – even if you're in a safe place like an after-school care centre.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened recently at Seaforth Community Centre in Sydney when someone broke in and stole a brand new laptop belonging to Rachel, one of the workers.

And in a weird twist, the thieves left behind a note admitting their guilt – but not before mocking the victim for not being more careful with her belongings.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 8.15.11 AM.png
Rachel felt 'mocked' after the thief left a note. Credit: Facebook.

The note said: 'Sorry, you should take security seriously. Blame the council and get a refund for your laptops.'

The thief ended the letter with a 'sowwy' (sorry) and a sad face emoticon. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound…

Rachel was distraught as the laptop that was stolen had only recently been bought for university. The student needs the laptop for her upcoming semester, and now she's facing the daunting task of trying to replace it.

'I'm just so upset,' she said. 'I'm a broke uni student, and I don't have the money to buy a new one.'

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 8.15.18 AM.png
The laptop that was stolen was an Apple Macbook Pro, which can be quite expensive. Credit: Unsplash/Alex Knight.

Unfortunately, because the laptop is the student's personal one and wasn't being used for work, it isn't covered by the council's insurance. So now the worker is humbly asking the thieves to return the laptop.

'If they give it back to me, I won't press charges,' Rachel pleaded.

She is now requesting that anyone who may have information regarding the alleged break-in or the whereabouts of her laptop call the authorities.

If there's one silver lining to this story, though, it's that police were able to find a bit of evidence at the scene (the letter and pen used), which they are currently using to investigate the break-in further by looking for fingerprints.

Let's hope they catch the heartless criminal soon! Meanwhile, our hearts go out to the student who had her laptop stolen; we hope she gets her property back as soon as possible.

What are your thoughts on this story, members? If you have experienced a similar theft or have some tips to share when it comes to dealing with these kinds of situations, please feel free to comment below!

Sponsored
These days it seems like theft has become more and more common, with people breaking into homes, cars and even public places in broad daylight to rob innocent victims of their hard-earned possessions.

It's a real shame, and it just goes to show that you can't let your guard down for a second – even if you're in a safe place like an after-school care centre.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened recently at Seaforth Community Centre in Sydney when someone broke in and stole a brand new laptop belonging to Rachel, one of the workers.

And in a weird twist, the thieves left behind a note admitting their guilt – but not before mocking the victim for not being more careful with her belongings.

View attachment 10297
Rachel felt 'mocked' after the thief left a note. Credit: Facebook.

The note said: 'Sorry, you should take security seriously. Blame the council and get a refund for your laptops.'

The thief ended the letter with a 'sowwy' (sorry) and a sad face emoticon. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound…

Rachel was distraught as the laptop that was stolen had only recently been bought for university. The student needs the laptop for her upcoming semester, and now she's facing the daunting task of trying to replace it.

'I'm just so upset,' she said. 'I'm a broke uni student, and I don't have the money to buy a new one.'

View attachment 10298
The laptop that was stolen was an Apple Macbook Pro, which can be quite expensive. Credit: Unsplash/Alex Knight.

Unfortunately, because the laptop is the student's personal one and wasn't being used for work, it isn't covered by the council's insurance. So now the worker is humbly asking the thieves to return the laptop.

'If they give it back to me, I won't press charges,' Rachel pleaded.

She is now requesting that anyone who may have information regarding the alleged break-in or the whereabouts of her laptop call the authorities.

If there's one silver lining to this story, though, it's that police were able to find a bit of evidence at the scene (the letter and pen used), which they are currently using to investigate the break-in further by looking for fingerprints.

Let's hope they catch the heartless criminal soon! Meanwhile, our hearts go out to the student who had her laptop stolen; we hope she gets her property back as soon as possible.

What are your thoughts on this story, members? If you have experienced a similar theft or have some tips to share when it comes to dealing with these kinds of situations, please feel free to comment below!
If I knew who this student was I'd gladly give them one. Hopefully the person backup all school work and other data.