After a challenging year, John Farnham's family celebrates some good news!

As we all know, this year has been pretty tough for everyone around the world. With the inflation (and lingering effects of the pandemic) raging on and so many people struggling to make ends meet, it's been a time of worry and stress for most of us.

But amid all this bad news, there's finally some good news to share! Legendary Australian singer John Farnham and his family have something to celebrate after a difficult year.

Farnham, 73, was diagnosed with mouth cancer back in August and underwent major surgery to remove a tumour. The operation was very extensive, involving the removal and reconstruction of part of his jaw.

Although he has a long road to recovery ahead of him, the Farnham family do have something to celebrate.

Farnham's older son Robert announced that he recently got engaged to his girlfriend Mel - giving the family something happy to focus on during this tough time!

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.23.41 PM.png
John Farnham and his family. Credit: Facebook/Rob Farnham.

Robert took to social media on Tuesday to announce the happy news by sharing a series of pictures with his fans.

'My best friend and love of my life said yes to marrying me,' he wrote alongside the images. 'I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.'

Robert is a musician, just like his famous father, and sings for the rock band Rival Fire. He also appeared in the film Queen of the Damned, based on the late Anne Rice's famous novel.

He and younger brother James, 34, along with their mum - Farnham's wife, Jill - have all been supporting each other as Farnham continues to recover from his surgery.

After news of Farnham's cancer diagnosis broke, fans around the world quickly rallied together to show their support for the singer. And Robert's happy engagement announcement has drawn plenty of congratulatory comments online from well-wishers.

'This is beautiful - we wish you all the happiness in the world,' one person wrote on Facebook. 'You have wonderful role models for a long, happy marriage together,' wrote another.

'Wishing you lots of happiness. Wonderful news, which the family needed,' added another.

In October, Robert and James provided an update on their father's recovery, saying, 'We thank everyone who took the time to write a lot of these amazing messages to us.'

'It was kind of comforting to know that Australia was behind him,' James added. 'I know that he appreciated that. I remember when we first told him, he got teary.'

'He never expected everyone to still love him,' Robert continued. 'It was nice for him to hear that. Thank you, everyone.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.23.32 PM.png
John Farnham and his late manager, Glenn Wheatley. Credit: Facebook/Rob Farnham.

This is not the first time the musician has had to deal with serious health problems. In 2019, John had to cancel a few performances because he got sick.

Despite the singer's apparent '100 per cent' health, his late manager Glenn Wheatley told a news outlet that they decided to wait until he was 'ready to get back on the stage' before bringing him back out for a performance.

Credit: gmph10.

We'd like to wish John Farnham and his family all the best during this difficult time, and we're excited to see what the future holds for Robert and Mel!

What are your thoughts, everyone? Do you have a favourite John Farnham song? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
That's lovely uplifting news for the family. Wishing John all the best in his recovery. It's a huge operation for anyone to deal with, especially someone who was so well-known, but his health is what we are concerned about. I just hope he continues to live a life free of pain once he's recovered. We love your music John, and it will live on forever.

As we all know, this year has been pretty tough for everyone around the world. With the inflation (and lingering effects of the pandemic) raging on and so many people struggling to make ends meet, it's been a time of worry and stress for most of us.

But amid all this bad news, there's finally some good news to share! Legendary Australian singer John Farnham and his family have something to celebrate after a difficult year.

Farnham, 73, was diagnosed with mouth cancer back in August and underwent major surgery to remove a tumour. The operation was very extensive, involving the removal and reconstruction of part of his jaw.

Although he has a long road to recovery ahead of him, the Farnham family do have something to celebrate.

Farnham's older son Robert announced that he recently got engaged to his girlfriend Mel - giving the family something happy to focus on during this tough time!

View attachment 9175

Robert took to social media on Tuesday to announce the happy news by sharing a series of pictures with his fans.

'My best friend and love of my life said yes to marrying me,' he wrote alongside the images. 'I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.'

Robert is a musician, just like his famous father, and sings for the rock band Rival Fire. He also appeared in the film Queen of the Damned, based on the late Anne Rice's famous novel.

He and younger brother James, 34, along with their mum - Farnham's wife, Jill - have all been supporting each other as Farnham continues to recover from his surgery.

After news of Farnham's cancer diagnosis broke, fans around the world quickly rallied together to show their support for the singer. And Robert's happy engagement announcement has drawn plenty of congratulatory comments online from well-wishers.

'This is beautiful - we wish you all the happiness in the world,' one person wrote on Facebook. 'You have wonderful role models for a long, happy marriage together,' wrote another.

'Wishing you lots of happiness. Wonderful news, which the family needed,' added another.

In October, Robert and James provided an update on their father's recovery, saying, 'We thank everyone who took the time to write a lot of these amazing messages to us.'

'It was kind of comforting to know that Australia was behind him,' James added. 'I know that he appreciated that. I remember when we first told him, he got teary.'

'He never expected everyone to still love him,' Robert continued. 'It was nice for him to hear that. Thank you, everyone.'

View attachment 9176
John Farnham and his late manager, Glenn Wheatley. Credit: Facebook/Rob Farnham.

This is not the first time the musician has had to deal with serious health problems. In 2019, John had to cancel a few performances because he got sick.

Despite the singer's apparent '100 per cent' health, his late manager Glenn Wheatley told a news outlet that they decided to wait until he was 'ready to get back on the stage' before bringing him back out for a performance.

We'd like to wish John Farnham and his family all the best during this difficult time, and we're excited to see what the future holds for Robert and Mel!

What are your thoughts, everyone? Do you have a favourite John Farnham song? Let us know in the comments!

View attachment 9175

View attachment 9176

Always respected JF he has had some bad times years ago doing "singing" commercials for Snappy Tom cat food to survive. Fine voice , perfect for Gospel music if only he'd release an album of it, Remember he and Venetta Field doing Amazing Grace once, brilliant!

While as a lot of ppl I like your the voice, I prefer lifted up by angels.

BTW, I recently had most of my big colon removed due to cancer and am now on Chemo. So I can relate to his long road to recovery. Diff with me I have no immediate local family to support me or any kind of spare money, DSP and renting just doesn't work. :LOL:

View attachment 9175

View attachment 9176

Grateful a lot of his music is recorded and is on YouTube, if John never sings again, we still wish him well and have plenty of memories to see and hear.

Rose Coloured Glasses is my all time favourite - something I am sure Farnsy, Jill and family have been wearing since the devastating news of his cancer. Keep those glass on Farnsy and get well - great new for the family to celebrate their wonderful news.

Reactions: Goodbloke and Ricci