Tripper

Dec 13, 2022
Advice for the New /Old Girl

I have met someone who absolutely floats my boat. I believe he feels the same. I would love tips or advice from those already navigating a new relationship. Mine comes after after 50 years of mostly magic. As you can imagine there are all sorts of strings, baggage that perhaps is not directly our own but certainly is piled up from family etc.
Super exciting but also terrifying for this fragile heart!

I have met someone who absolutely floats my boat. I believe he feels the same. I would love tips or advice from those already navigating a new relationship. Mine comes after after 50 years of mostly magic. As you can imagine there are all sorts of strings, baggage that perhaps is not directly our own but certainly is piled up from family etc.
This is absolutely wonderful, @Tripper! Hopefully things have been better since this was posted! All I can say is just be you (very cliche, I know, but it's also best to be unapologetically you in my opinion).

I can't wait to read about what other members will say!

Thank you. There are still stormy seas around us. We dream of sailing off and disappearing. The sad thing is in my life I have never given disapproving opinions about relationships to anyone.
No one knows another's heart
Firstly, just be careful that you don’t end up paying for the cruise. Take things slowly and

enjoy what happiness and pleasure you get, life is too short for anything else. Family can be an issue. Is it all concern or a bit of jealousy thrown in. If they really care they would want you to be happy.

Old fashion advice is still relevant.. Be yourself and be open. Dont compare the past with the present and future, most things have changed. Time is something we haven't got.

Firstly, just be careful that you don’t end up paying for the cruise. Take things slowly and

enjoy what happiness and pleasure you get, life is too short for anything else. Family can be an issue. Is it all concern or a bit of jealousy thrown in. If they really care they would want you to be happy.
The $$$ stuff has raised it's ugly head with family. I am taking steps to protect myself.....I've managed to get to now with a pretty good radar BUT!
We both believe we deserve happy. No matter what happens, I will be grateful for being woken up and switched onto LIFE.

Old fashion advice is still relevant.. Be yourself and be open. Dont compare the past with the present and future, most things have changed. Time is something we haven't got.
Thank you, I totally agree BAZ... the scars on my body are many random adventures...those on my heart will always be there to shadows.

Helen Keller said it perfectly
Life is a daring adventure
Or nothing at all

Every single day is precious!

I agree that, "No one knows another's heart.".
Just one tip from me, please be cautious if you met online and haven't physically met each other yet.
Sadly there are 'conwomen' out there too.
Everything of the best... ♥️
I've got the flesh and blood version.....the best of all.
My life was spent seeing people in all their versions and disguises.

Years ago my mum got tangled with the phone version conman...my alarm was screaming....she believed him.
I was over with my mum when he rang and I got her to hand over the phone.
" Hello I am Suzy. I'm sure Mum has told you about her children!'
"Yes"
"Well listen carefully....if you harm one hair on our beautiful Mum's head I will remove a part of your anatomy you are attached to.....my 6.5 ft bikie brother will then deal with you."
Mum NEVER heard from him again...surprise, surprise!

My tribe are all intending to visit soon...need I say more!

Just be yourself. that's who he fell for. AND AVOID instantly wanting him to wear other clothing or do his hair differently etc.
Let him remain as he was when you were attracted to him for just a little while.

So many males, including myself, do not like suddenly being changed.

We don't mention it, because we are smitten.

However, as we don't instantly suggest a new hairstyle and new clothing, it's a REAL WIN when we meet someone who does likewise.

Later change him, but don't rush into it, is my advice.

And good luck, long life love is hard to find.

Super exciting but also terrifying for this fragile

by asking on this forum for advice, my feeling is your not that secure in your feelings. why ask strangers? we all have different opinions as i stated some below. a cruise is up and personal and you have to share. I would not be doing a cruise with just met boyfriend. remember your choice, toss a coin.

I cannot offer advice to you @Tripper, having only been married once & still am. I believe you have a good handle on the situation from reading what you have stated above. The Lawyer was a good move & I love the quote from Helen Keller who although being deaf dumb & blind said, "I found life so beautiful."

All l can say is go with your first instinct. It has worked well for me. When l went against this, something has always impeded my journey. I believe you are courageous feeling comfortable reaching out to the SDC Family for advice.

I wish you nothing but the very best in your future years wherever this takes you & with whomever. 🌹😀

Last edited:
The $$$ stuff has raised it's ugly head with family. I am taking steps to protect myself.....I've managed to get to now with a pretty good radar BUT!
We both believe we deserve happy. No matter what happens, I will be grateful for being woken up and switched onto LIFE.
Be safe, but be happy.

Reactions: Tripper