SX2002

Aug 23, 2021
Adelaide
Adelaide Oval

Our beautiful Adelaide Oval and the foot bridge leading over the River Torrens to it.The second test is being played there right now...18.12.21

Image00067.JPG

• Love
Reactions: bugsytom and Xe
Thank you Tom. The coloured lights around the top quite often have significance...when there was that shocking terrorist attack in Paris a few years ago, they lit up red, white and blue in sympathy and to remember those lost.

Thank for the info Ron. I remember when I was a kid going to the Adelaide Oval to watch Port Adelaide thrash Sturt, eons ago. I had friends of mine did all the mobile crane work there and also had a friend who was in a cherry picker and was working on one of the light towers when it failed at the base (when they were hydraulically raised when first installed) and collapsed knocking him and another chap out of the basket. The only thing that saved their lives was the fact they has safety harness's on.

Yes, those hydraulic towers were always a bit of a weird thing. I remember when they were installing them and thought at the time...Why?

Yes, those hydraulic towers were always a bit of a weird thing. I remember when they were installing them and thought at the time...Why?
They said that it was aesthetically pleasing not to have them as a feature that you could see so they came up with the hydraulically controlled tower, a great idea if it worked and was safe.