Actor Sylvester Stallone's latest show under fire over alleged ‘toxic’ controversy

Controversy is never far from the spotlight in the world of showbiz, and it seems that even Hollywood veterans are not immune to the occasional scandal.

The latest to hit the headlines involves none other than action star Sylvester Stallone and his new series, Tulsa King.

The show, which promised to be another feather in the cap of the esteemed actor, has instead been shrouded in claims that have left fans and industry insiders alike in disbelief.

The controversy erupted when allegations surfaced about disparaging remarks about background actors on the set of Tulsa King.

According to reports, a private social media group for background actors in Atlanta became the source of these claims, with accusations that Stallone and an unnamed director were heard ridiculing extras, using terms such as 'ugly', 'tub of lard', and 'fat bloke with cane’.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 10.00.05 AM.jpeg
Tulsa King has been under fire for alleged 'toxic' controversy. Credit: @tulsaking / Instagram

The situation reportedly escalated when Casting Director Rose Locke felt compelled to leave the production, though director Craig Zisk has publicly refuted this narrative.

Stallone reportedly asked for ‘pretty young girls to be around me’ to be cast.

In a social media post, Catrett Locke Casting, the company responsible for hiring the background actors, announced their departure from Tulsa King.

While they did not specify the reasons for their decision, screenshots shared by television writer Julie Benson revealed Locke's apology for the 'toxic environment' on set.

‘At the end of the day, I resigned because [of] a clear toxic environment that I was not comfortable putting myself or background artists in…I want to apologise for anything you experienced,’ she wrote.

The allegations took a turn when Zisk denied that Stallone had made derogatory comments and suggested that the real issue arose from a casting disagreement.

Zisk claimed that Locke had cast extras older than the requested age range for a bar scene, who were between 25 to 35 years old.

However, Zisk still used the extras to film the scene, noting they were ‘polite and did their jobs’.

The problem arose when he asked for headshots of the extras so they ‘would vibe with the premise of the film’.

But Locke refused, saying, ‘I don’t work that way’. He then replied, ‘That’s the way I work, and everyone I know works that way in extras casting.’

Locke allegedly replied ‘OK,’ before quitting the show an hour later.

Zisk also denied Stallone's alleged request for ‘pretty young girls’ for the show, mentioning that Stallone's wife, Jennifer Flavin, was there during filming.

It’s understood that a representative for Zisk was contacted for further comments.

In January, Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin was indicted by a jury on an involuntary manslaughter charge.

The development comes in the wake of the tragic incident on the set of the movie Rust, which resulted in the death of the set’s cinematographer and injuries to the director. You can read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways

• Sylvester Stallone and a director have been accused of making derogatory comments about background actors on the set of Tulsa King.
  • The controversy led to the departure of Casting Director Rose Locke, who apologised for the toxic environment on set.
  • Rose Locke's casting agency announced it would no longer be working on Tulsa King, though the specific reasons were not disclosed.
  • Director Craig Zisk refuted the allegations, stating that the issues were about casting preferences and not about derogatory remarks made by anyone on set.
What do you think about this story, members? Let us know in the comments below.

• Angry
Reactions: BJM
Sponsored
A case of he said, she said. What makes these people (on either side) think they can do and say what they want? and that they are above the law? The silliness of Hollywood and these privileged idiots.

l watch Silvester Stallones movies as his movies are usually good but l think he is a bit above his self .l once read how the staff are not allowed to look at him when they serve meals but who knows if it's true.

Reactions: Macarj