SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
F

Fisherman2320

Apr 23, 2022
A Soldier and the Sergeant.

A soldier is reading a book while off duty when he sees his sergeant coming. Everyone hated sergeant Thompson, he always had a big stick up his butt. "Private."
"Sergeant Thompson, Sir!" the soldier said, standing up smartly. "At ease." The soldier gladly returned to his book... until he realized the sergeant is still standing over him, staring at the cover.
"Yes, Sarge?" "What's that rubbish you're reading there, private? Re..incar..nation? What's that all about?"
"Well," smiles the soldier, "It's pretty simple sir. Say you died, God forbid, and we buried you. Then a few months later grass grew on that plot of land. Then a cow came and ate that grass. As nature dictates, a few hours later it passes it through its stomachs and dumps it out on the ground... Then I would walk by and say: "Hey Sarge, you haven't changed a bit!""

First time I have ever heard a Sgt called Sir more the second option an heap of Manure.

Dennis R's Morning pun. What did the little light bulb say to his mum? I wuvs you lots of watts and watts.
G'day Dennis..... with a USA Marine grandson, I can confirm that the "Sir" thing is real! Whilst on base, any visual eye contact made between service personal, MUST be acknowledged with the subordinate Marine saluting his/her superior with the words "Yes Sir"! The superior officer then salutes back in acknowledgement. These protocols are not optional and non-adherence will incur negative repercussions! The military system is non negotiable and strictly enforced... for obvious reasons!

Reactions: Jersey Girl

A soldier is reading a book while off duty when he sees his sergeant coming. Everyone hated sergeant Thompson, he always had a big stick up his butt. "Private."
"Sergeant Thompson, Sir!" the soldier said, standing up smartly. "At ease." The soldier gladly returned to his book... until he realized the sergeant is still standing over him, staring at the cover.
"Yes, Sarge?" "What's that rubbish you're reading there, private? Re..incar..nation? What's that all about?"
"Well," smiles the soldier, "It's pretty simple sir. Say you died, God forbid, and we buried you. Then a few months later grass grew on that plot of land. Then a cow came and ate that grass. As nature dictates, a few hours later it passes it through its stomachs and dumps it out on the ground... Then I would walk by and say: "Hey Sarge, you haven't changed a bit!""
I was in the women's army ,only a few times had males to answer to,joke not that funnny

Reactions: Macarj
G'day Dennis..... with a USA Marine grandson, I can confirm that the "Sir" thing is real! Whilst on base, any visual eye contact made between service personal, MUST be acknowledged with the subordinate Marine saluting his/her superior with the words "Yes Sir"! The superior officer then salutes back in acknowledgement. These protocols are not optional and non-adherence will incur negative repercussions! The military system is non negotiable and strictly enforced... for obvious reasons!
In the British forces both parties would have to be wearing their hats/caps in order to salute. Does this apply to American forces?

Reactions: Ezzy and Dennis

OMG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😆

In the British forces both parties would have to be wearing their hats/caps in order to salute. Does this apply to American forces?
I am not being nasty Reet but most of us in the British army always thought the American army had to be different, during the 2nd. war when vast amounts of Americans were in England I saw acts of non disipline which would have turned over any old Sgt Major in his grave, discipline saved lives, non -discipline cost lives

🤣🤣