A shopper discovers a wild find in her lamb purchase: ‘Gave me the Sunday scare’

With the cost of living skyrocketing in Australia, grocery budgets are tighter than ever. Shoppers expect quality and value for their purchases, especially from leading supermarkets like Woolworths.

But how often do we take a closer look at the food we buy from the store?

A Woolworths customer was shocked to discover a ‘wild find’ in her purchase and learnt the hard way why it’s important to double-check what you’re buying.

The Sydney shopper told her story on social media. According to her, she bought a pack of Woolworths Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style, and instead of receiving strips of marinated lamb, she got a large sheet of sinew and fat in the pack!

She said that this unsettling discovery gave her the ‘Sunday scaries.’

‘Not cool Woolies!’ She said.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 9.41.27 AM.png
A Woolworths shopper was shocked with her wild find inside a pack of Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style. Credit: Facebook

She added: ‘In the midst of a cost of living crisis and I get to feed my family with this? Where’s your quality control?’

‘I guess this is another meal I have to pad out with even more veggies. Opening this packet gave me the Sunday scaries.’

A Woolworths spokesperson has since acknowledged the shopper’s experience.

The spokesperson said, ‘We pride ourselves on providing high-quality meat cuts to our customers and we’re disappointed to see this.’

‘If our customers are ever disappointed with the quality of our fresh meat, we encourage them to return it to their local store to receive a replacement or a refund,’ they added.

It is understood that Woolworths is now following up on this issue with the customer in question to resolve the matter.

A similar story happened to another shopper from the same supermarket giant. In our previous story, a customer found a large piece of fat hidden among cuts of meat in a beef packet. They shared a photograph of their discovery. Read more about the story here.

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths supermarket customer was left stunned by her find in a pack of Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style.
  • Instead of pieces of marinated lamb, she found a large sheet of sinew and fat in the pack.
  • The customer voiced her disappointment on social media, questioning the supermarket's quality control.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson responded, saying the supermarket was concerned by the shopper's experience and encourages customers to return any items they are not satisfied with.

Members, on your next grocery run, be sure to take a few seconds to inspect the products before buying them!

Have you or someone else experienced the same situation? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
I'm guessing she purchased it in store ! So how did she not see this 🤔 the packets are only small and not that much meat in it 300g is a small packet ?

If it's a true story the Woolworths really do need to look into it

Did she pick up the packet and throw it in her trolley without looking at it ? I always pick packets by looking at each one just so I can get a less fatty packet

With the cost of living skyrocketing in Australia, grocery budgets are tighter than ever. Shoppers expect quality and value for their purchases, especially from leading supermarkets like Woolworths.

A Woolworths customer was shocked to discover a ‘wild find’ in her purchase and learnt the hard way why it’s important to double-check what you’re buying.

The Sydney shopper told her story on social media. According to her, she bought a pack of Woolworths Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style, and instead of receiving strips of marinated lamb, she got a large sheet of sinew and fat in the pack!

View attachment 33689
A Woolworths shopper was shocked with her wild find inside a pack of Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style. Credit: Facebook

She added: ‘In the midst of a cost of living crisis and I get to feed my family with this? Where’s your quality control?’

‘I guess this is another meal I have to pad out with even more veggies. Opening this packet gave me the Sunday scaries.’

The spokesperson said, ‘We pride ourselves on providing high-quality meat cuts to our customers and we’re disappointed to see this.’

‘If our customers are ever disappointed with the quality of our fresh meat, we encourage them to return it to their local store to receive a replacement or a refund,’ they added.

It is understood that Woolworths is now following up on this issue with the customer in question to resolve the matter.

A similar story happened to another shopper from the same supermarket giant. In our previous story, a customer found a large piece of fat hidden among cuts of meat in a beef packet. They shared a photograph of their discovery. Read more about the story here.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths supermarket customer was left stunned by her find in a pack of Lamb Strips Souvlaki Style.
  • Instead of pieces of marinated lamb, she found a large sheet of sinew and fat in the pack.
  • The customer voiced her disappointment on social media, questioning the supermarket's quality control.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson responded, saying the supermarket was concerned by the shopper's experience and encourages customers to return any items they are not satisfied with.

Members, on your next grocery run, be sure to take a few seconds to inspect the products before buying them!

Have you or someone else experienced the same situation? Share them in the comments below!

Woolworths the fresh food people...... what a joke !!!!!!!! The prices continue to go up...... The packaging size continues to get smaller.... And as far as fresh !!!!!! You're kidding Woolworths ,I've lost count of how many Avocadoes we have thrown out because they were rotten inside..... We've given up going back and complaining as it cost more in petrol......... a lose.. lose.... situation.... All you get is sorry and after 15 to 20 times we gave up...

Woolworths the fresh food people...... what a joke !!!!!!!! The prices continue to go up...... The packaging size continues to get smaller.... And as far as fresh !!!!!! You're kidding Woolworths ,I've lost count of how many Avocadoes we have thrown out because they were rotten inside..... We've given up going back and complaining as it cost more in petrol......... a lose.. lose.... situation.... All you get is sorry and after 15 to 20 times we gave up...
That’s a shame I love woollies and people keep blaming the store for shrinkage of products it’s not thier call it’s the manufacturers. And I get home delivery all my veggies are fresh as the day they were picked.I buy there cheap bread and if they have run out they give me Abbott’s bread as a substituite at the same price and I buy 3 loaves a fortnight. Just saying oh and I get freebies sometimes.😁I’m a happy little vegemite.😍

I'm guessing she purchased it in store ! So how did she not see this 🤔 the packets are only small and not that much meat in it 300g is a small packet ?

If it's a true story the Woolworths really do need to look into it

Did she pick up the packet and throw it in her trolley without looking at it ? I always pick packets by looking at each one just so I can get a less fatty packet
This is why I only buy meat at a butcher you can see what you're getting in a plastic container like that it probably looked like lamb strips

Reactions: Ricki
I had the same with my avocados the last four were all bad inside and had to be thrown out

View attachment 33689

Key Takeaways

You can't always check the meat as it is covered by a large label covering the packet do you cannot see the contents.
I bought a piece of steak and the half behind the label was a big chunk of fat. It was returned next day and replaced.

View attachment 33689

Key Takeaways

Being a meat manager for coles for 20 years , ill tell the general public there is no quality control, profit profit make if anyway you can

Reactions: Jennie
Being a meat manager for coles for 20 years , ill tell the general public there is no quality control, profit profit make if anyway you can
Well that's a rather disturbing revelation regarding 'Quality Control' from a Meat manager....sure as hell that Coles would try and dispute that, but nonetheless if that is really correct then it's downright disgusting. 😱😡

Well that's a rather disturbing revelation regarding 'Quality Control' from a Meat manager....sure as hell that Coles would try and dispute that, but nonetheless if that is really correct then it's downright disgusting. 😱😡
I was going to buy some chicken thigh fillets for tonight's Thai Coconut Chicken and Noodles. Might catch a handful of seagulls or pigeons instead....