A new ‘feature’ at ALDI could help shoppers save BIG bucks!

Have you ever felt overwhelmed by all the options while grocery shopping, hoping to find the best quality products without breaking the budget?

With grocery bills skyrocketing, saving where you can makes a big difference these days, and thanks to customer feedback, ALDI has made it easier than ever to identify top products in store.

This new detail comes after ALDI’s recent survey which determined the products customers thought tasted great, cleaned the best, and didn’t put too much pressure on the weekly grocery budget.

Over 380,000 shoppers cast their votes to help others identify the items that gave the most value.

SDC 21.png
ALDI has released the list of winners of their 2023 People’s Picks. Image source: ALDI.

Eight items were identified to be the best products under eight different categories, and now, ALDI will be placing a small navy blue tag labelled as 'The People’s Picks' in stores to help shoppers identify the winning products and save them time searching for the best deal.

This news comes at a time when almost half of Australia is grappling with the skyrocketing grocery prices which has caused financial stress for many, according to Finder.

An analysis of each winning product at ALDI was done to check how they fare against other rival supermarkets Coles and Woolworths.

The analysis added a disclaimer as well, stating that since Coles and Woolies have a wider range of brands on their shelves, comparable items were used. Prices were broken down to their unit price (per kilo or per 100 grams) and also recorded on October 10. These did not include sale or bulk-buy options, both of which are cheaper per gram.

Below are the findings:

Price Comparison of Grocery Items.jpg

In similar news, according to a comparison done by Finder, 46 grocery staples—including milk, bread, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables, snacks, and meat—have seen a 7 per cent difference in total amount paid at the checkout between the most and least expensive supermarkets.

Coles was found to be the most expensive coming in at $214.32, Woolworths second at $208.85, and ALDI the cheapest at $199.69—a difference of $14.63 per week.

This news also comes after the announcement of the Roy Morgan 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards where ALDI has been crowned 'best supermarket' for the sixth year.

There were also a few top-rated franchises returning to the winners’ circle, such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy).

Other repeat winners that got the nod this year include Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), Skechers (best shoe store), and Rebel (best sports store).

Winners of the Customer Satisfaction Awards were determined via a survey of over 60,000 Australians' shopping experiences in the past 12 months, examining overall satisfaction with service, deals, and value for money.

You can read more about ALDI’s most recent win here.
Key Takeaways

• ALDI supermarkets in Australia are introducing small navy 'The People's Pick' tags to signal products voted as top quality and value by customers.
  • This move is aimed at helping shoppers find the best deals quickly and comes at a time when the rising cost of groceries is causing financial stress for many Australians.
  • An analysis has shown that products from ALDI fare well price-wise when compared to similar items in Coles and Woolworths.
  • A comparison of 46 grocery staples found ALDI to be the most economical option with an average basket cost of $199.69, compared to Coles at $214.32 and Woolworths at $208.85.
Members, do you regularly shop at ALDI? Do you have other recommendations of items from ALDI that give the best value? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I would love to know who can afford to go to Muffin Break ? Seriously, we are chatting here about saving $14+ at Aldi and I know the last time I had a coffee and muffin at Muffin Break some 4 years ago, it cost me well over $10 . That’s $10 more that I can spend on a packet of lamington fingers and a packet of coffee pods (16) at Aldi and enjoy in the peace of my home .

Have you ever felt overwhelmed by all the options while grocery shopping, hoping to find the best quality products without breaking the budget?

With grocery bills skyrocketing, saving where you can makes a big difference these days, and thanks to customer feedback, ALDI has made it easier than ever to identify top products in store.

This new detail comes after ALDI’s recent survey which determined the products customers thought tasted great, cleaned the best, and didn’t put too much pressure on the weekly grocery budget.

Over 380,000 shoppers cast their votes to help others identify the items that gave the most value.

View attachment 31901
ALDI has released the list of winners of their 2023 People’s Picks. Image source: ALDI.

Eight items were identified to be the best products under eight different categories, and now, ALDI will be placing a small navy blue tag labelled as 'The People’s Picks' in stores to help shoppers identify the winning products and save them time searching for the best deal.

This news comes at a time when almost half of Australia is grappling with the skyrocketing grocery prices which has caused financial stress for many, according to Finder.

An analysis of each winning product at ALDI was done to check how they fare against other rival supermarkets Coles and Woolworths.

The analysis added a disclaimer as well, stating that since Coles and Woolies have a wider range of brands on their shelves, comparable items were used. Prices were broken down to their unit price (per kilo or per 100 grams) and also recorded on October 10. These did not include sale or bulk-buy options, both of which are cheaper per gram.

Below are the findings:

In similar news, according to a comparison done by Finder, 46 grocery staples—including milk, bread, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables, snacks, and meat—have seen a 7 per cent difference in total amount paid at the checkout between the most and least expensive supermarkets.

Coles was found to be the most expensive coming in at $214.32, Woolworths second at $208.85, and ALDI the cheapest at $199.69—a difference of $14.63 per week.

This news also comes after the announcement of the Roy Morgan 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards where ALDI has been crowned 'best supermarket' for the sixth year.

There were also a few top-rated franchises returning to the winners’ circle, such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy).

Other repeat winners that got the nod this year include Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), Skechers (best shoe store), and Rebel (best sports store).

Winners of the Customer Satisfaction Awards were determined via a survey of over 60,000 Australians' shopping experiences in the past 12 months, examining overall satisfaction with service, deals, and value for money.

Key Takeaways

• ALDI supermarkets in Australia are introducing small navy 'The People's Pick' tags to signal products voted as top quality and value by customers.
  • This move is aimed at helping shoppers find the best deals quickly and comes at a time when the rising cost of groceries is causing financial stress for many Australians.
  • An analysis has shown that products from ALDI fare well price-wise when compared to similar items in Coles and Woolworths.
  • A comparison of 46 grocery staples found ALDI to be the most economical option with an average basket cost of $199.69, compared to Coles at $214.32 and Woolworths at $208.85.
Members, do you regularly shop at ALDI? Do you have other recommendations of items from ALDI that give the best value? Let us know in the comments below!
Love this article. Love Aldi

I shop for what I find is good price, been reliable and have used them forever with success.never go by what other people recommend. Try what I think looks right

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Skechers best shoe shop? You've got to be kidding. Even some podiatrists in the UK have asked for them to be banned from sale due to thousands of ankle and associated injuries from poor support.
If you're near a seller of these "shoes" and if you wear another brand of sports/running shoe (my brand is ASICS), compare the thickness of the top around the ankle, lace to lace. You will notice the thickness is about half that of other top brands. There goes your ankle support.

Reactions: Leenie

View attachment 31901

Below are the findings:

Key Takeaways

I find that the seasoned pork fillet is great value for money and delicious too. I usually serve with salad or stirfry vegetables.

Aldi is my choice for approx.95% of my Groceries and Coles for the other 5%.
They are both under the same roof and it suits me, as I have some physical problems to contend with.
That is where my shopping has been done for quite a few years now. Ever since this shopping building was built. Very recently we also got Best'Less. So I am a happy"chappie".

Reactions: Leenie
My mum and I regularly shop at Aldi. I do top ups at my local IGAs when I have to. I do on the odd occasion go to Woolies or Coles but that's only when I need to do my rewards and flybys points. I can't afford to shop at Woolies and Coles like I use to when I was working plus I love shopping at Aldi. ( must be my German side...)

Skechers best shoe shop? You've got to be kidding. Even some podiatrists in the UK have asked for them to be banned from sale due to thousands of ankle and associated injuries from poor support.
Most comfortable brand shoes I have ever had. I do buy mine in the U.S where the price is way more affordable. 2 pairs for what 1 is in Australia

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch