Check out the top-rated Australian shops that just bagged the Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards

Now more than ever, staying informed of the best local retailers is essential for all Australians.

From hardware to clothing stores, supermarkets to furniture and electrical businesses, knowing which shop has the best quality at the most reasonable cost could mean the difference between an enjoyable shopping experience and feeling ripped off.

That’s where the Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards comes in.

Each year, for ten years now, the survey organises Australia’s retailers into categories to get an idea of which shops have been getting the most rave reviews from shoppers.

And with more than 60,000 customers getting surveyed about their shopping experiences—specifically regarding service, deals, and value for money—in the past year, the ratings and awards tend to be pretty accurate.

So, without further ado, here’s a rundown of this year’s winners.

SDC Images (18).png
Roy Morgan has announced the top-rated Australian shops that just won the 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards. Image source: Roy Morgan.

This supermarket chain has been crowned 'best supermarket' for the sixth year—a huge achievement for the business.

And it’s none other than… ALDI!

There were also a few top-rated franchises returning to the winners’ circle, such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy).

Muffin Break, with 190 stores nationwide, won the title with their award-winning signature blend coffee and delicious range of sweet and savoury baked goods.

Other repeat winners that got the nod this year include Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), Skechers (best shoe store), and Rebel (best sports store).

Supercheap Auto was also among the winners of this year’s Roy Morgan Awards, taking out the best auto store award. This popular franchise has plenty of auto spares, parts, and accessories for cars.

For those looking for stylish yet comfortable clothes, Suzanne Grae was voted the best clothing store for its impressive garments for women. With sizes 6-24 available in about 150 branches nationwide, there’s undoubtedly something for every 'every size, shape, and age'.

Furniture and electrical store JB Hi-Fi must have impressed customers as they took out the overall and major category awards for best furniture/electrical store.

And while the restaurant Zambrero was a first-time winner for the top quick service restaurant award, Subway swept up the 'major' category of the award.

The first-time winner, Zambrero, is a popular Mexican restaurant founded by Dr Sam Prince, 39, who came out third on the AFR Rich List in 2022 with a net worth of $1.2 billion.

Prince, then 21, started the restaurant in 2005 as a medical student. Globally, Zambrero now has 250 branches and has generated more than 69 million meals for those in need.

As for the ‘Best of the Best’ award, ALDI took second place with a customer satisfaction rating of 96.1 per cent, while first-time winner Vaya, a mobile phone service provider, won first place with a rating of 96.3 per cent.

Below is the complete list of winners for Roy Morgan’s 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards:

Winners from Roy Morgan’s 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards.jpg
Key Takeaways
  • Roy Morgan's 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards recognised Australia's favourite retailers, with ALDI named 'best supermarket' for the sixth consecutive year.
  • Winners were determined via a survey of over 60,000 Australians' shopping experiences in the past 12 months, examining overall satisfaction with service, deals, and value for money.
  • Other winners included Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), and first-time victor Zambrero (quick service restaurant of the year).
  • Recurring winners such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy) returned to the winner’s circle alongside new contenders.
Members, what are your thoughts on this year’s winners? Was there a store you expected would be on the list? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Now more than ever, staying informed of the best local retailers is essential for all Australians.

From hardware to clothing stores, supermarkets to furniture and electrical businesses, knowing which shop has the best quality at the most reasonable cost could mean the difference between an enjoyable shopping experience and feeling ripped off.

Each year, for ten years now, the survey organises Australia’s retailers into categories to get an idea of which shops have been getting the most rave reviews from shoppers.

And with more than 60,000 customers getting surveyed about their shopping experiences—specifically regarding service, deals, and value for money—in the past year, the ratings and awards tend to be pretty accurate.

View attachment 31560
Roy Morgan has announced the top-rated Australian shops that just won the 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards. Image source: Roy Morgan.

This supermarket chain has been crowned 'best supermarket' for the sixth year—a huge achievement for the business.

There were also a few top-rated franchises returning to the winners’ circle, such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy).

Muffin Break, with 190 stores nationwide, won the title with their award-winning signature blend coffee and delicious range of sweet and savoury baked goods.

Other repeat winners that got the nod this year include Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), Skechers (best shoe store), and Rebel (best sports store).

Supercheap Auto was also among the winners of this year’s Roy Morgan Awards, taking out the best auto store award. This popular franchise has plenty of auto spares, parts, and accessories for cars.

For those looking for stylish yet comfortable clothes, Suzanne Grae was voted the best clothing store for its impressive garments for women. With sizes 6-24 available in about 150 branches nationwide, there’s undoubtedly something for every 'every size, shape, and age'.

Furniture and electrical store JB Hi-Fi must have impressed customers as they took out the overall and major category awards for best furniture/electrical store.

And while the restaurant Zambrero was a first-time winner for the top quick service restaurant award, Subway swept up the 'major' category of the award.

The first-time winner, Zambrero, is a popular Mexican restaurant founded by Dr Sam Prince, 39, who came out third on the AFR Rich List in 2022 with a net worth of $1.2 billion.

Prince, then 21, started the restaurant in 2005 as a medical student. Globally, Zambrero now has 250 branches and has generated more than 69 million meals for those in need.

As for the ‘Best of the Best’ award, ALDI took second place with a customer satisfaction rating of 96.1 per cent, while first-time winner Vaya, a mobile phone service provider, won first place with a rating of 96.3 per cent.

Below is the complete list of winners for Roy Morgan’s 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards:

Key Takeaways

• Roy Morgan's 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards recognised Australia's favourite retailers, with ALDI named 'best supermarket' for the sixth consecutive year.
  • Winners were determined via a survey of over 60,000 Australians' shopping experiences in the past 12 months, examining overall satisfaction with service, deals, and value for money.
  • Other winners included Myer (best department store), Bunnings Warehouse (best hardware store), and first-time victor Zambrero (quick service restaurant of the year).
  • Recurring winners such as Muffin Break (best coffee shop) and Chemist Warehouse (best pharmacy) returned to the winner’s circle alongside new contenders.
Members, what are your thoughts on this year’s winners? Was there a store you expected would be on the list? Let us know in the comments below!
It'll be nice when we start manufactoring at home again instead of relying on overseas, which successive governments condned and encouraged?

It amazes me that Aldi always seems to win these awards. If anything that at all it is pet food that is a good price. Usually when I was checking the foods that we like Aldi doesn’t have what we want. If you ask staff we get told sorry we don’t stock those. There are many many items that never appear in their stores. Grrrrrr

Problem being we want.first world wages, but don't want to pay the price of our own manufactured goods, because they are so much more expensive.
Why?, Because of the labour costs in Australia.
Catch 22 situation.
I think it's called Standard of Living.

Reactions: Ricci
It amazes me that Aldi always seems to win these awards. If anything that at all it is pet food that is a good price. Usually when I was checking the foods that we like Aldi doesn’t have what we want. If you ask staff we get told sorry we don’t stock those. There are many many items that never appear in their stores. Grrrrrr
ditto

Yes it's 2023 but like the vast majority of 'awards' (if the outcome isn't determined on the cheque clearing) the cut off isn't (as a rule) a calendar year, so possibly overlaps into the next year and equally the importance of these isn't to the reader but the retailer for their own back slapping publicity. Personally don't see any benefit from what they are attempting to achieve. Much the same as the Oscars, not too many of the 'best pictures' were my choice, same applies to where I leave my money when shopping, not a questionable award for xyz.

Yes it's 2023 but like the vast majority of 'awards' (if the outcome isn't determined on the cheque clearing) the cut off isn't (as a rule) a calendar year, so possibly overlaps into the next year and equally the importance of these isn't to the reader but the retailer for their own back slapping publicity. Personally don't see any benefit from what they are attempting to achieve. Much the same as the Oscars, not too many of the 'best pictures' were my choice, same applies to where I leave my money when shopping, not a questionable award for xyz.
Yes SDC why did you wait a week to publish the Roy Morgan results that were released last week?

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci and DLHM
I think it's called Standard of Living.
we..as Australians enjoy the distinction of being the highest paid employees on earth, bar a couple of Arab resort countries, and this is why some Aussie companies leave Aust to build factories o'seas and then export back to Australia thats why the local product is more expensive (its not the quality..its the labour content makes it dearer to produce)

I’m not a fan of Aldi, I rarely go there as I mostly come out disappointed

we..as Australians enjoy the distinction of being the highest paid employees on earth, bar a couple of Arab resort countries, and this is why some Aussie companies leave Aust to build factories o'seas and then export back to Australia thats why the local product is more expensive (its not the quality..its the labour content makes it dearer to produce)
YEP......Hardly any major manufacturing in the Country these days.....our Companies found it much cheaper to produce their goods overseas, which is a damn shame alright. You can thank the Labor party and the Unions demanding wages so high that our goods became overpriced here at home and for export overseas.

It'll be nice when we start manufactoring at home again instead of relying on overseas, which successive governments condned and encouraged?
And then we'll all start to complain about the cost of things, forgetting our want/need for higher wages which is the reason for higher costs.

Reactions: Ricci and Ezzy
Never been to Aldi and never will. I don't support Coles or Woolies either. I support my LOCAL home-grown supermarket. DRAKES.

The statement was that 60,000 people were interviewed over 12 months. A lot of people gainfully employed.

Had to smile to myself at the award for BUNNINGS. How many hardware chains in total would qualify for this survey? Compared to them, how many individual hardware chains now exist nationally? Bit like a non-event isn't it???

View attachment 31560

Key Takeaways

I am a convert to Aldi...as we've only had it in our town for a year...I have 4 food allergies, so I get many foods much cheaper at Aldi....They don't carry everything, but I seriously save money, so can get the other few things elsewhere. There fruit & vegetables are local and the freshest out of all our supermarkets...I shop Aldi first, then go get specials at other places( if cheaper than Aldi)

Reactions: Reaper123 and Ezzy