A moving note left by a stranger for a Kiwi student sends social media users into tears — “How beautiful!”

A heart-melting note has gone viral on social media after Kiwi student Brooke Lacey shared how she unknowingly saved one person's life.

The 22-year-old student from Wellington, New Zealand was on a coffee run when she stumbled upon a note on the windscreen of her car.

The political science student initially thought that she was fined for or was being called out by someone for how her car was parked.

Brooke revealed that she shrugged it off, snatched the note off her windscreen, and drove off.

However, after a couple of hours, the Kiwi student took a moment to read the message, only to find out that it actually was a sweet message of appreciation from someone who was thinking of taking away their life.

-AgFZ9EU3S-mt3M2bO_LtG2MQvUk8-SzzteyWNbT9kPHMLF3quYcvrshT0_xI1mJPSDLhALHfk5IIwHeSyAB0kClHfnOYvHD8dJs09dPgs5Be_JUCfQusi7Gwv6QRhSov03zTVQ

Brooke Lacey initially thought that the moving note was a fine for how she parked her car. Credit: Twitter.

The note read: “Your sign saved my life today.”

“I left my house with a plan and asked for a sign, any sign, I was doing the right thing when I saw your car in the parking lot. Thank you.”

The "sign" that the stranger was talking about was the bumper sticker on Brooke's car.

fmSmtAzjKepbiX_nKXj0gCr2-32kjhxTnzbLtzUIQ6vCUcnAG19QmGD-hE6pFhCy85haNpZ1mEW0QwH8IzQfHk4ez05y-Qv3i3EiyhGlgQvW3VfDB5ebFqfN4eRdrWG7SLf3Ksk

The sticker that Brooke has in her car’s bumper. Credit: Twitter.

The sticker read: “Please don’t take your life today. The world is so much better with you in it, more than you realise, stay.”

Brooke revealed that she actually had forgotten about the bumper sticker that she made a while ago.

“I put one on my car and forgot about them, until now. I am so glad whoever you are, chose to stay today. You never know who needs this reminder,” she wrote.

The Kiwi student's post was met with praises, gaining more than 1800 likes and receiving an outpour of responses.

One person wrote: “How beautiful. The world needs more people like you.”

“I’m not crying, you’re crying,” another quipped.

A third added: “So awesome. This has absolutely made my night. But more importantly, the person who left the note is alive tonight thanks to Brooke.”

For our dear members who may be struggling mentally or are in need of emotional support, feel free to email us or message other forum members. We aim to provide our members with a community they can count on.

We also want to share these important contact numbers and websites for those who are looking for professional emotional support.

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or lifeline.org.au

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or beyondblue.org.au

Beyond Blue's coronavirus support service: 1800 512 348 or coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au

Headspace: 1800 650 890 or headspace.org.au

Sponsored
A moving note left by a stranger for a Kiwi student sends social media users into tears — “How beautiful!”

A heart-melting note has gone viral on social media after Kiwi student Brooke Lacey shared how she unknowingly saved one person's life.

The 22-year-old student from Wellington, New Zealand was on a coffee run when she stumbled upon a note on the windscreen of her car.

The political science student initially thought that she was fined for or was being called out by someone for how her car was parked.

Brooke revealed that she shrugged it off, snatched the note off her windscreen, and drove off.

However, after a couple of hours, the Kiwi student took a moment to read the message, only to find out that it actually was a sweet message of appreciation from someone who was thinking of taking away their life.

-AgFZ9EU3S-mt3M2bO_LtG2MQvUk8-SzzteyWNbT9kPHMLF3quYcvrshT0_xI1mJPSDLhALHfk5IIwHeSyAB0kClHfnOYvHD8dJs09dPgs5Be_JUCfQusi7Gwv6QRhSov03zTVQ

Brooke Lacey initially thought that the moving note was a fine for how she parked her car. Credit: Twitter.

“I left my house with a plan and asked for a sign, any sign, I was doing the right thing when I saw your car in the parking lot. Thank you.”

The "sign" that the stranger was talking about was the bumper sticker on Brooke's car.

fmSmtAzjKepbiX_nKXj0gCr2-32kjhxTnzbLtzUIQ6vCUcnAG19QmGD-hE6pFhCy85haNpZ1mEW0QwH8IzQfHk4ez05y-Qv3i3EiyhGlgQvW3VfDB5ebFqfN4eRdrWG7SLf3Ksk

The sticker read: “Please don’t take your life today. The world is so much better with you in it, more than you realise, stay.”

Brooke revealed that she actually had forgotten about the bumper sticker that she made a while ago.

“I put one on my car and forgot about them, until now. I am so glad whoever you are, chose to stay today. You never know who needs this reminder,” she wrote.

The Kiwi student's post was met with praises, gaining more than 1800 likes and receiving an outpour of responses.

A third added: “So awesome. This has absolutely made my night. But more importantly, the person who left the note is alive tonight thanks to Brooke.”

For our dear members who may be struggling mentally or are in need of emotional support, feel free to email us or message other forum members. We aim to provide our members with a community they can count on.

We also want to share these important contact numbers and websites for those who are looking for professional emotional support.

Beyond Blue's coronavirus support service: 1800 512 348 or coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au

Headspace: 1800 650 890 or
headspace.org.au
What a great sign. Love it!! x

Headspace: 1800 650 890 or
headspace.org.au
I confess this brought me to tears, you just never know how you have affected someone else's life. One small action on your part can be a lifetime for someone else