80s icon arrested for outrageous drunken rampage onboard British Airways

The 80s was a decade of big hair, bold fashion, and unforgettable music.

Among the icons of this era was Samantha Fox, a pop sensation who captured hearts with her catchy tunes and vivacious personality.

This time, however, Fox garnered negative attention as she was recently arrested after an alleged drunken altercation on a British Airways flight to Munich.

The incident reportedly took place on the runway at London Heathrow just as the plane was preparing for takeoff.

According to sources, Fox, now 56, became embroiled in a dispute with another passenger, leading to the plane being turned around.

The passengers were forced to disembark and were accommodated in a hotel overnight, resuming their journey the following day.

SDC 3.png
Samantha Fox allegedly displayed drunken behaviour and was arrested on a British Airways flight to Munich. Image source: Instagram/@samanthafoxofficial.

Authorities confirmed that a woman in her 50s was arrested on suspicion of being drunk on board an aircraft and was subsequently released on bail until March.

Fox has since expressed her regret over the incident, stating that she is cooperating with the investigation and is 'deeply sorry for any disruption caused'.

This unfortunate event is the latest in a series of personal tragedies for Fox.

In March last year, her sister Vanessa passed away suddenly from a heart attack at the age of 50.

The sisters shared a close bond, with Fox previously recounting how Vanessa had saved her from their alcoholic father, Pat, during a violent episode.

'I thought he was going to kill me and begged him to stop. When I tried to get up, he kicked me so hard in the stomach it winded me, and he wouldn’t stop,' Fox recounted.

'My sister Vanessa heard what was going on and jumped on his back to get him off me.'

Her sister passed away days after Fox filmed her appearance in Celebrity MasterChef.

'I’d practised [for MasterChef] for a good couple of weeks with my sister as my sister is a fantastic cook,' Fox shared.

'She’s always done the best Cottage Pie ever, and so we practised together, and I taped it.'

'Unfortunately, I lost my sister just after the filming of MasterChef.'

'So yeah, my Cottage Pie was my sister’s recipe and I’ve still got all of her pots and all of her [mashed] potatoes things. She’s gonna be so proud, and she was so proud when I got the show because she’s a massive fan of the show.'

Fox also lost her long-term partner, Myra Stratton, who died of cancer in 2015.
Key Takeaways
  • Eighties pop icon Samantha Fox was arrested for alleged drunken behaviour on a British Airways flight to Munich.
  • The incident led to the plane being turned around at London Heathrow, causing inconvenience for the other passengers.
  • Samantha Fox has expressed regret for the disturbance caused and is cooperating with the police investigation.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments below.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Liag and Petra
Sponsored
The 80s was a decade of big hair, bold fashion, and unforgettable music.

Among the icons of this era was Samantha Fox, a pop sensation who captured hearts with her catchy tunes and vivacious personality.

This time, however, Fox garnered negative attention as she was recently arrested after an alleged drunken altercation on a British Airways flight to Munich.

The incident reportedly took place on the runway at London Heathrow just as the plane was preparing for takeoff.

According to sources, Fox, now 56, became embroiled in a dispute with another passenger, leading to the plane being turned around.

The passengers were forced to disembark and were accommodated in a hotel overnight, resuming their journey the following day.

View attachment 39669
Samantha Fox allegedly displayed drunken behaviour and was arrested on a British Airways flight to Munich. Image source: Instagram/@samanthafoxofficial.

Authorities confirmed that a woman in her 50s was arrested on suspicion of being drunk on board an aircraft and was subsequently released on bail until March.

Fox has since expressed her regret over the incident, stating that she is cooperating with the investigation and is 'deeply sorry for any disruption caused'.

This unfortunate event is the latest in a series of personal tragedies for Fox.

In March last year, her sister Vanessa passed away suddenly from a heart attack at the age of 50.

The sisters shared a close bond, with Fox previously recounting how Vanessa had saved her from their alcoholic father, Pat, during a violent episode.

'I thought he was going to kill me and begged him to stop. When I tried to get up, he kicked me so hard in the stomach it winded me, and he wouldn’t stop,' Fox recounted.

'My sister Vanessa heard what was going on and jumped on his back to get him off me.'

Her sister passed away days after Fox filmed her appearance in Celebrity MasterChef.

'I’d practised [for MasterChef] for a good couple of weeks with my sister as my sister is a fantastic cook,' Fox shared.

'She’s always done the best Cottage Pie ever, and so we practised together, and I taped it.'

'Unfortunately, I lost my sister just after the filming of MasterChef.'

'So yeah, my Cottage Pie was my sister’s recipe and I’ve still got all of her pots and all of her [mashed] potatoes things. She’s gonna be so proud, and she was so proud when I got the show because she’s a massive fan of the show.'

Fox also lost her long-term partner, Myra Stratton, who died of cancer in 2015.
Key Takeaways

• Eighties pop icon Samantha Fox was arrested for alleged drunken behaviour on a British Airways flight to Munich.
  • The incident led to the plane being turned around at London Heathrow, causing inconvenience for the other passengers.
  • Samantha Fox has expressed regret for the disturbance caused and is cooperating with the police investigation.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments below.
Obviously Sam is suffering from her recent losses. Let’s hope she gets back on track and regains the positives in her life.

I lost almost everyone I loved ... I will not behave in such a bad way anywhere.
Our reactions to grief can be so unpredictable. We all have our own ways of dealing with grief, tragedy etc. Since we’re not capable of walking in someone else’s shoes, we can’t fully understand their thoughts and how they feel.