74-year-old fashion designer and style icon Vera Wang shares ‘unexpected’ daily diet habit

We all know that the fountain of youth doesn’t exist. But that doesn't mean we shouldn’t continue to appreciate the beauty of ageing and push to make the best of the present time.

Vera Wang, for one, has been held in high praise lately for her 'ageless' appearance.

People now seem desperate to know what the 74-year-old influential fashion designer’s beauty secrets are, and she’s happy to oblige and share her usual habits and the food she likes to eat, which comes as quite a surprise to her fans.

It turns out Wang favours an ingenious combination of McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts in her diet.

When asked about it, Wang said she does, in fact, keep on eating these fast food meals for days or even weeks at a time!

'I do eat McDonald’s, absolutely, I order it every day, like two weeks on it, and then I’ll change,' she told Page Six. Besides the iconic fast-food chain, Wang also said she loves, in her own words, 'the cream-filled, sugar-coated donut. It’s like a jelly donut, but it’s cream inside, vanilla cream. I like the pink with sprinkles, too'.

photo (2).jpg
Vera Wang’s youthful appearance got her fans thinking about her secret to looking young. Credit: @verwang / Instagram

Wang also mentioned her love for vodka. ‘One of the things I am known to like to do is have a vodka cocktail,’ she shared.

‘There’s no question about that, I do. I have a vodka at some point after five or six o’clock, towards seven,’ she added.

Wang also stated that her work acts like her secret ‘fountain of youth'.

‘Work was my lifeline that kept me feeling relevant and challenged me over the years. I think the mind is more powerful than one could ever understand. The challenges that work and life present us is what keeps us going,’ she said.

The mum of two also mentioned she tried to score a solid nine hours of sleep every night, but with her crazy schedule, that didn't always pan out.

Wang also admitted that while she's flattered by the compliments on her timeless beauty, that wasn't exactly her life's mission. ‘I’m confronted with a bit of a moment now where so much has been said about my ageing,’ she said.

‘I just hope that it doesn’t supersede my work. It brings up the issue of ageism, and I don’t want to be pigeonholed,’ she added.

Wang kicked off her fashion design gig a bit later in life at 40. She was an intern at US Vogue before advancing as the magazine’s Sittings Editor.

Since then, she has stunned everyone with her eye-catching designs, which have been worn by celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Kim Kardashian and the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 10.49.16 AM.png
Vera Wang still looks youthful at age 74. Credit: @verawang / Instagram

When it comes to discovering the secret to staying forever young, Wang said there was no ‘magic potion’ to it.

She explained: ‘I have to be honest: my Asian girlfriends are anywhere from the age of 50 all the way up to 75, and they all look pretty amazing.’

In a previous article, a 76-year-old woman shared her ultimate secret to look and feel young–ditching sugar! Learn more about how she started her journey in maintaining her youthful energy here.
Key Takeaways

• Fashion designer Vera Wang has shared the surprising secret behind her youthful appearance, which includes regularly eating McDonald's and Dunkin’ Donuts.
  • The 74-year-old designer has been described as 'ageless' and 'drinking from the fountain of youth' on social media.
  • Wang's daily routine includes working, a vodka cocktail, and attempting to get nine hours of sleep every night.
  • The fashion icon said that she is 'frightened of getting older' and that the focus on her ageing could be ageist, hoping it doesn’t overshadow her work.
Remember, while a McDonald’s or Dunkin’ treat can be a delightful indulgence, always check in with your GP before making them a daily habit. Your health is your greatest asset, after all!

Do you have any secrets to looking youthful? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Yes, looking at her I can imagine she would need to eat like that sometimes with a heavy workload/long hours.
My son played professional sport. Every so often, they had to eat fatty takeaway foods.
This was solely due to burning too much energy and losing too much weight.
Of course this isn't advised for everybody.

Last edited:
Show us a really close, close-up!! Perhaps that will show the inevitable age related wrinkles that no one can avoid entirely. Also, genes and ethnicity play an absolutely huge part. People of Asian ethnicity have naturally good skin, mostly, and as a result it is often hard to tell their true age.

We all know that the fountain of youth doesn’t exist. But that doesn't mean we shouldn’t continue to appreciate the beauty of ageing and push to make the best of the present time.

Vera Wang, for one, has been held in high praise lately for her 'ageless' appearance.

People now seem desperate to know what the 74-year-old influential fashion designer’s beauty secrets are, and she’s happy to oblige and share her usual habits and the food she likes to eat, which comes as quite a surprise to her fans.

It turns out Wang favours an ingenious combination of McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts in her diet.

When asked about it, Wang said she does, in fact, keep on eating these fast food meals for days or even weeks at a time!

'I do eat McDonald’s, absolutely, I order it every day, like two weeks on it, and then I’ll change,' she told Page Six. Besides the iconic fast-food chain, Wang also said she loves, in her own words, 'the cream-filled, sugar-coated donut. It’s like a jelly donut, but it’s cream inside, vanilla cream. I like the pink with sprinkles, too'.

View attachment 33011
Vera Wang’s youthful appearance got her fans thinking about her secret to looking young. Credit: @verwang / Instagram

Wang also mentioned her love for vodka. ‘One of the things I am known to like to do is have a vodka cocktail,’ she shared.

‘There’s no question about that, I do. I have a vodka at some point after five or six o’clock, towards seven,’ she added.

Wang also stated that her work acts like her secret ‘fountain of youth.’

‘Work was my lifeline that kept me feeling relevant and challenged me over the years. I think the mind is more powerful than one could ever understand. The challenges that work and life present us is what keeps us going,’ she said.

The mum of two also mentioned she tried to score a solid nine hours of sleep every night, but with her crazy schedule, that didn't always pan out.

Wang also admitted that while she's flattered by the compliments on her timeless beauty, that wasn't exactly her life's mission. ‘I’m confronted with a bit of a moment now where so much has been said about my ageing,’ she said.

‘I just hope that it doesn’t supersede my work. It brings up the issue of ageism, and I don’t want to be pigeonholed,’ she added.

Wang kicked off her fashion design gig a bit later in life at 40. She was an intern at US Vogue before advancing as the magazine’s Sittings Editor.

Since then, she has stunned everyone with her eye-catching designs, which have been worn by celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Kim Kardashian and the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.

View attachment 33010

When it comes to discovering the secret to staying forever young, Wang said there was no ‘magic potion’ to it.

She explained: ‘I have to be honest: my Asian girlfriends are anywhere from the age of 50 all the way up to 75, and they all look pretty amazing.’

In a previous article, a 76-year-old woman shared her ultimate secret to look and feel young – ditching sugar! Learn more about how she started her journey in maintaining her youthful energy here.

Key Takeaways

• Fashion designer Vera Wang has shared the surprising secret behind her youthful appearance, which includes regularly eating McDonald's and Dunkin’ Donuts.
  • The 74-year-old designer has been described as 'ageless' and 'drinking from the fountain of youth' on social media.
  • Wang's daily routine includes working, a vodka cocktail, and attempting to get nine hours of sleep every night.
  • The fashion icon said that she is 'frightened of getting older' and that the focus on her ageing could be ageist, hoping it doesn’t overshadow her work.

Remember, while a McDonald’s or Dunkin’ treat can be a delightful indulgence, always check in with your GP before making them a daily habit. Your health is your greatest asset, after all!

Do you have any secrets to looking youthful? Share your tips with us in the comments below!
Could be something to do with being Asian. Lot of very beautiful women are Asian or part Asian. Many keep their young looks into older age. I'd not go for the donuts at all now. Possibly she ate less junk. when she was younger

I try to keep my brain young & active by solving the children's puzzles in the sunday papers. They do take a bit of figuring out at most times. "Wot" do you reckon ?
Yes to this. Keeping one's brain active and associating with younger people keeps me useless....I mean youthful.

And getting a short haircut (for males) adds ten years to your appearance - in my experience anyway.

I should look 164, not 64 from what I've been through but a lot of people comment that I look in my 40s. I thank Mum for the good genes, because Dad was bald in his mid 30s and I still have a full head of hair. Unless the milkman was involved....

Last edited:

View attachment 33011

Wang also stated that her work acts like her secret ‘fountain of youth.’

View attachment 33010

In a previous article, a 76-year-old woman shared her ultimate secret to look and feel young – ditching sugar! Learn more about how she started her journey in maintaining her youthful energy here.

Key Takeaways

Most Asian women look a lot younger than they really are and I've come across many. It must be the race or their genetics or both. Having said that, I look younger than my 69 years, at least 10 years younger and I am Southern European, I still have smooth skin on my face with no lines at all. I think it's genetic because my mother, who had 11 children, always looked about 10 years younger than she was, even in her older years.

Most Asian women look a lot younger than they really are and I've come across many. It must be the race or their genetics or both. Having said that, I look younger than my 69 years, at least 10 years younger and I am Southern European, I still have smooth skin on my face with no lines at all. I think it's genetic because my mother, who had 11 children, always looked about 10 years younger than she was, even in her older years.
We both have our Mums to thank!

Don't think she designs anything over a size 6 does she? Not a fashion line for most normal eating people lol
Yes genetics - my parents have a lot to answer for!

I may hold that against you haha